HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree808Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #4561

Make use of the various CCs' 1-for-1 and try to go for their seafood dinner (Fri and Sat) which includes lobsters, king crab legs and oysters
I checked Marriott yesterday and they only have 2 for 1. Few days back, went to Furama with 1 for 1 for UOB. Not bad but no replenishment of snow crab after 8pm
techizen2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #4562

Lime @ Pickering lobster buffet was fresh but the edible part of the lobster not much since they used tiny lobsters. My mum not keen on crabs so the next buffet we're trying is Pan Pac's oyster buffet
Tiny? I thought the size was pretty good. Not too big but definitely not small either. I find Lime lobsters pretty enjoyable actually.

As for Park Royal, their crayfish buffet previously was also pretty good and fresh. Will definitely go again if it is back.

But when it comes to crab buffet, it's a a different ball game. I've only come across twice when the mud crabs served at buffet was of good quality, meaning the meat is full and solid. Once at Kuishinbo and the other at Vienna but that was a few years back. Now, no such thing anymore. They are usually not solid or mushy. Even my recent Hilton's Sunday Brunch mud crabs are a bit soft. Most zhi zar mud crab quality are so much better than any of the mud crabs served in buffet.

Frankly speaking, I rather eat one solid crab than 10 mushy inferior crabs even if both are of the same price. The last time I ate a super solid crab with solid flesh was at Somboon Bangkok
Old 04-07-2016, 01:19 PM   #4563

a little wols but finally visited penang place restaurant. everything was good but only gripe was that popular dishes like char kway teow and satay run out very fast. curry chicken and beef rendang were also the highlights. 29++. don't think there's any promo. they are moving soon but location tbc.
Been eating at this restaurant since they were located at Science Park. Yes, the CKT is good. I also like their lobak but only when it's hot. The black sauce prawn also nice.

You may occasionally see their Penang Chef doing his round. His name is Alvin.

Their website do have a promotion tag but there are none since they started. Been checking for one since day one until I gave up liao
Old 04-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #4564
High Supremacy Member

I checked Marriott yesterday and they only have 2 for 1. Few days back, went to Furama with 1 for 1 for UOB. Not bad but no replenishment of snow crab after 8pm
Wah, so bad now ah?

Last time CIMB had the best 1-for-1 at Marriott
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #4565

Wah, so bad now ah?

Last time CIMB had the best 1-for-1 at Marriott
Yep! Very sad also to see buffet giants Todai and Sakura quality going down the drain. Both used to be my frequently visited buffets but now I avoid them like the plague. See the reviews in their Facebook now, can shake head liao. Sigh...
Old 04-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #4566
High Supremacy Member

Yep! Very sad also to see buffet giants Todai and Sakura quality going down the drain. Both used to be my frequently visited buffets but now I avoid them like the plague. See the reviews in their Facebook now, can shake head liao. Sigh...
Either driven by profit or cost (maybe both) and many resort to cutting corners/quality

Haven't been back to Todai in over 2 years and frankly I don't miss it
Old 04-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #4567
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lime @ Pickering lobster buffet was fresh but the edible part of the lobster not much since they used tiny lobsters. My mum not keen on crabs so the next buffet we're trying is Pan Pac's oyster buffet
I'm not a fan of oysters. I find the ones served in buffets too salty as a norm. Anyways, i like claymore, esp their plates of pleasure. Enjoy!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #4568
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was at Marriott yesterday night. Got snow crab, crayfish but no lobsters. Maybe they serve lobsters on Friday and Saturday night. But yesterday night still very crowded.
Yea, lobsters only on fri, sat dinner, as well as sun lunch afaik for marriott. BOC's visa infinite still has 50% off for 2 diners for marriott. But only til Sep (dunno if will renew) n if your family, then the discount drops to 25% for 4, heehee.

Square @ Furama is always a decent choice for me. Enough meaty dishes n decent taste overall. I recently went for their father's day spread n i liked it a lot. Got beef rump, sea cucumber etc.

Buffet must really go early n whack the good stuff early wor. I tot you buffet veteran liao. Unless it has 2 seatings or those exp ones which they will keep replenishing or will replenish on request.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #4569
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm going to Bay hotel this Sunday, 10 July for lunch with another HWZer.

$24 nett via groupon voucher.

https://www.groupon.sg/deals/singapo...-50-6/94787848

Menu is in the link. All welcomed to join us.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:29 PM   #4570

Buffet must really go early n whack the good stuff early wor. I tot you buffet veteran liao. Unless it has 2 seatings or those exp ones which they will keep replenishing or will replenish on request.
I know. That's why I already took my quota of snow crabs. This is to warn other greenhorns lar....
Old 04-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #4571
Arch-Supremacy Member

*SOLD OUT* SUNDAY BRUNCH ITALIAN BUFFET AT FRATELLI: FREE-FLOW FOIE GRAS AND TRUFFLE TOPPED DISHES

Date: 24 July 2016, Sunday
Time: 12pm to 3pm
Price: Public $52++, RWS Invites Members $38++

http://www.rwsentosablog.com/fratell...=blog_fratelli

Menu :-
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...enu_june16.pdf

1 slot open @ $38++. If you're keen to join us, drop me a PM or post here. Please check the menu first hor as this is not your a regular buffet, so make sure you are okay with it before committing. Gum sia!

Last edited by Toons; 04-07-2016 at 08:40 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #4572
Arch-Supremacy Member

I know. That's why I already took my quota of snow crabs. This is to warn other greenhorns lar....
They even have 1 for 1 for father's day spread wor. Really can't complain. Btw, did you try Kintamani? Same 1 for 1. Smaller spread, indon ish dishes, but their chilli crab, spicy mango salad n roasted lamb sedap wor.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #4573

They even have 1 for 1 for father's day spread wor. Really can't complain. Btw, did you try Kintamani? Same 1 for 1. Smaller spread, indon ish dishes, but their chilli crab, spicy mango salad n roasted lamb sedap wor.
Nope. The only indonesian buffet I've eaten is The Rice Table. Maybe will try Kintamani next time since highly recommended by you
Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 PM   #4574
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope. The only indonesian buffet I've eaten is The Rice Table. Maybe will try Kintamani next time since highly recommended by you
Actually i prefer square slightly more cos bigger spread with seafood, sashimi etc. Kintamani is like a break from the usual intl buffet bah Dennyz prefer kintamani > square though.

I dunno if the lamb every time have, cos i always go during ramadan period. They will have it for NDP period though, so i am going again with Dennyz. Details on their website. You're welcome to join us

Last edited by Toons; 04-07-2016 at 09:29 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #4575

OK, let me know when...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.