HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree741Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2017, 08:55 PM   #5326
Arch-Supremacy Member

How is the spread like at Ginger @ Park royal?
Did not try it after they reopened, but from the reviews, the spread looks not bad.

Goodyfeed even has a promo for $42++, which looks like a good deal given the spread.

Ginger @ PARKROYAL on Beach Road Buffet With Fresh Lobsters, The Best of Singapore and The Straits

From today until 31 Aug 2017, you can enjoy a buffet lunch (Sat & Sun only) or buffet dinner (Mon-Sun) with lobsters, crabs and delicious local flavours for just $42++ instead of $58++.

Reservation is required.

Simply make your reservation with the restaurant at +65 6505 5710 or dining.prsin@parkroyalhotels.com and quote “Goody Feed x Ginger” to enjoy the deal.

https://thehedgehogknows.blogspot.sg...parkroyal.html
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 21-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #5327
Arch-Supremacy Member

MC doing is very very d tempting, juz no 1 for 1... may look into this as first in line toppled the WOP earlier
Frankly, i find the food at Ellenborough mediocre. Only certain items like durian paste not bad. Not worth it even with Amex 50% for 2 pax discount.

Y not try Ginger?
~Dragonite~ likes this.

Last edited by Toons; 21-07-2017 at 09:09 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #5328

Tried the revamped Sunday brunch buffet at InterContinental Singapore. First time to try the buffet there. Great ambiance. High quality food including a caviar counter with many types of expensive fish eggs. Lobster, crab, prawns, oysters, clams, etc in the seafood counter, got a nice assortment of ala minute dishes that can be ordered also.

Wrote a review of it here: http://iwandered.net/2017/07/21/ash-...mpagne-brunch/
~Dragonite~ likes this.
vogriphach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 11:45 AM   #5329
High Supremacy Member

Did not try it after they reopened, but from the reviews, the spread looks not bad.

Goodyfeed even has a promo for $42++, which looks like a good deal given the spread.

Ginger @ PARKROYAL on Beach Road Buffet With Fresh Lobsters, The Best of Singapore and The Straits

From today until 31 Aug 2017, you can enjoy a buffet lunch (Sat & Sun only) or buffet dinner (Mon-Sun) with lobsters, crabs and delicious local flavours for just $42++ instead of $58++.

Reservation is required.

Simply make your reservation with the restaurant at +65 6505 5710 or dining.prsin@parkroyalhotels.com and quote “Goody Feed x Ginger” to enjoy the deal.

https://thehedgehogknows.blogspot.sg...parkroyal.html

yeah saw that, that's why was considering it

what about The Square at Furama?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
nexusRAGER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #5330

Hi guys, any recommendation for a good buffet with sashimi and oysters for tonight (Sun night)? Budget is about 80 per person. Wife's birthday. Thank you!
~Dragonite~ likes this.
minamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #5331

Hihi, can check anyone tried straits cafe @ rendezvous vs Katong kitchen @ village hotel? Any review on either? Looking at lunch buffet.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
kikuzushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 08:25 AM   #5332
Arch-Supremacy Member

yeah saw that, that's why was considering it

what about The Square at Furama?
I like meats n they tend to have a no. of meat dishes, so I find it okay even though taste wise avg.

They only have the basic seafood on ice though, eg no oysters, no crab legs (they might have it though its rare n not part of the menu).

Hihi, can check anyone tried straits cafe @ rendezvous vs Katong kitchen @ village hotel? Any review on either? Looking at lunch buffet.
For me, straits > katong kitchen.
~Dragonite~ likes this.
Old 24-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #5333

2nd dat on Straits, KK @ village lesser selection and yeah... bit far considering from west here
~Dragonite~ likes this.
liaibw1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 01:00 PM   #5334

Tried the revamped Sunday brunch buffet at InterContinental Singapore. First time to try the buffet there. Great ambiance. High quality food including a caviar counter with many types of expensive fish eggs. Lobster, crab, prawns, oysters, clams, etc in the seafood counter, got a nice assortment of ala minute dishes that can be ordered also.

Wrote a review of it here
whooaaa... tempting tempting. last weekend supposingly go and try Ellenborough at MC, but didn't happened, mom has muscle spasm can't walk. anyway, we ended up taking up Intercon dining membership after another review from theshutterwhale blog, bout their group dining membership

were you on it? benefits quite a bunch thou... I compare with CC promo that gives disc. not really that exciting, in comparison with this. anyhow, will give a try soon soon A&E, plus the others in their group... plus batam, hahaha
~Dragonite~ likes this.
liaibw1519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #5335

Hotel Intercontinental has quite a memorable breakfast buffet spread. International and local options (includes savoury Indian curries - yum). What I'm impressed with is actually their healthy options - fresh carrot juice in iced bottles, quinoa, home-made yoghurts, fruit salads.
Also a very wide spread. I'm quite surprised and impressed, actually
~Dragonite~ likes this.
hsiaowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #5336

anyone knows where to have breakfast buffet?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
jarodjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #5337
Greater Supremacy Member

The plate at Carlton city is not bad
~Dragonite~ likes this.
euko82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 07:13 PM   #5338
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hotel Intercontinental has quite a memorable breakfast buffet spread. International and local options (includes savoury Indian curries - yum). What I'm impressed with is actually their healthy options - fresh carrot juice in iced bottles, quinoa, home-made yoghurts, fruit salads.
Also a very wide spread. I'm quite surprised and impressed, actually
How much for Sunday lunch? Any card promotion?
~Dragonite~ likes this.
qhong61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 04:41 PM   #5339
High Supremacy Member

Went to Ginger on Sunday for lunch, spread wasn't that good not much to eat other than the lobster and crabs. The lobster meat was chewy and hard to get out of the shell, the crabs were decent. The roast meat section was slow as the chef serving it was running two stations alone, cooking the naan and cutting the roast meat. The amount was quite stingy and was disappointed at it. The naan and Murtabak were frozen and they just reheat it at the station(saw the frozen pack of naan on the side), loved the butter chicken though. The Ba ku teh was not bad, but the chef serving it was handling raw satay and using the same gloves to prepare the Ba ku teh. Pig trotters were too dry, sea cucumber chewy. Did not see any Sashimi there. The deserts are not bad. The service there was really good, they refill water and clean plates regularly.

Won't return there, rather go elsewhere

tomb and ~Dragonite~ like this.
nexusRAGER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #5340

Any one had experience going to peranakan buffet? Any to recommend? Budget about $60/pax. Thanks... Looking for Buah kelak, durian pengat. Etc.. had Googled and seen quite a few like Mercure roxy. There was a newly opened featured on Sunday Times newspaper right..? Any one tried baba chew's at Katong?
sseah12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.