Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

bbbbbw

Reaction score
1) Ash & Elm's sunday brunch also not bad. I like their unlimited ala carte dishes.

2) Hmmm, how does it compare w Line? Different type of food?

hmm i cannot make a fair comparison cos i only ate at the line twice and that was few years back. yes i agree Ash & Elm ala carte is not bad i ate the pork chop with foie gras, mashed potato for dinner. complimentary bread is served.

(^@^)"

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Coleman’s cafe on 26th jan, 2nd day of cny.

Hilariously bad selection. 1 island for vege and some food, 2 kiosks for sashimi and roasts, 1 long table for desert.

Place looked very empty. Cheap though, so thats probably why.

The folks here went on the 3rd day. I thought it went well for them?

Spidie

Reaction score
Office ask me find a buffet dinner either got 1 for 1 or got 50% discount for 16 pax. Any suggestion ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Town Restaurant at Fullerton now got dbs 1 for 1. Is it good ?
I went there recently for 1 for 1 lunch (with SCB), at 1 for 1 prices there are no complaints, food spread was pretty good and the quality generally quite solid. But for lunch don't have any 'exotic' items (oysters, lobster, etc) lah.

I heard from others that 1 for 1 dinner also very good value, apparently there is cook to order lobster included in the spread.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went there recently for 1 for 1 lunch (with SCB), at 1 for 1 prices there are no complaints, food spread was pretty good and the quality generally quite solid. But for lunch don't have any 'exotic' items (oysters, lobster, etc) lah.

I heard from others that 1 for 1 dinner also very good value, apparently there is cook to order lobster included in the spread.

Wah, lunch time buffets normally won't have lobsters and oysters (Melt is probably one of the few places that has oysters for lunch) :s13:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HSBC Card Promo for Melt Cafe -

Mandarin Oriental, Singapore - Melt Café
Buffet Lunch for 2 persons at S$61++

- Valid for reservation from 7 to 9 February 2020 only.
- Valid only for dine-in on Saturday – 8, 15, 22 and 29 February 2020 from 12pm to 2.30pm.
- Valid up to a maximum of 4 diners per reservation. No splitting of bills allowed.
- Limited to 220 redemptions and subject to availability.
- Advance reservation is required. Pls quote “HSBC WOW Deal” when making reservation @ +65 6885 3500.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Coleman’s cafe on 26th jan, 2nd day of cny.

Hilariously bad selection. 1 island for vege and some food, 2 kiosks for sashimi and roasts, 1 long table for desert.

Place looked very empty. Cheap though, so thats probably why.

The folks here went on the 3rd day. I thought it went well for them?

2nd n 3rd day of CNY, both PH, w lunch @ $39 n dinner @ $44 (i think) w yusheng (if you have 4 pax or more) is cheap wor. Yes, their variety is considered on the small side n you dun get the more premium stuff, but for the price, i find it acceptable. If want a solid spread, can go edge, carousel or colony, but the price is also ...

Frankly, their CNY spread is actually on par or imo slightly lousier compared to their usual spread. Normal spread got items like roti prata, lok bak, more DIY noodles, porridge etc. Their roti prata is actually quite good wor. Normal pricing is $29 n $34. I think its very good value for the food they serve.

CNY spread pales value wise in comparison. Basically, you are paying $10 more for yusheng n cos its CNY day 2/3, but i still went on 3rd day cos i wanna lohei w friends n its CNY PH, other than k bbq buffets, most of other buffets all have to pay a premium.

I will not recommend coleman if you wanna celebrate some event or have a big feast to pamper yourself. But its somewhere i dun mind going every weekend or once in 2 weeks just for a meal. Economical n decent.

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which part is terrible? I keep hearing my colleagues talk about it. :s12:

Iirc, they only have sushi (also a bit nia) n not sashimi. Seafood on ice also not much. They usually have seafood themes with more cooked seafood, eg, crabs cooked in different styles, rather than cold seafood.

Last year, they had this crabs theme w nice chilli/pepper crabs. The crabs were really fresh! They also had good grilled big head prawns too. I went 3 times for that theme :D

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which part is terrible? I keep hearing my colleagues talk about it. :s12:

Last time they had sashimi and even oysters

Iirc, they only have sushi (also a bit nia) n not sashimi. Seafood on ice also not much. They usually have seafood themes with more cooked seafood, eg, crabs cooked in different styles, rather than cold seafood.

Last year, they had this crabs theme w nice chilli/pepper crabs. The crabs were really fresh! They also had good grilled big head prawns too. I went 3 times for that theme :D

Not a big fan of cooked seafood hahah

I went for the crab and lobster theme before - very ordinary and I think the one at Park Royal Kitchener is slightly better in terms of variety

deodorant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most hotel buffets don't have very good cooked crab dishes :s13:
I think the buffet serving style in general isn’t well suited for crabs? I tried Parkroyal crab feast a while ago and especially those not so popular styles, the crabs really CMI cos left out on the serving counter too long.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.