HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree776Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #5581
Master Member

I work around VivoCity and my colleagues all advised against going King Louis even if it's cheap. I never got to try coz everyone avoids it like a plague. Lunch time always see the place empty, didn't look promising to me too.

Maybe they have poor QC and you hit the jackpot that day?
delson_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #5582

Very long never recommend any buffets, so here goes. Found is absolute gem of a buffet at King Louis, Vivocity.

https://www.thekinglouis.com/

Their ala carte buffet is $39.90++. They have 141 on weekdays n 342 on weekends. The menu is a pretty big one consisting of western dishes. Forgot to take a pic of their menu, but you can goggle it. Got salads, appertisers, main dishes, desserts n drinks.
So you went for the full menu or normal menu ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Last edited by twtan14; 08-12-2017 at 09:04 AM..
Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #5583
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think is

mon - thur 12pm - 5pm = 1 for 1 ( 2 pax for the price of 1)
mon - thur 5pm - 9.30pm, fri - sun 12pm - 5pm = 3 for 2. (3 pax for the price of 2)
Oh yea, thanks for the correction I only beo the lunch

I work around VivoCity and my colleagues all advised against going King Louis even if it's cheap. I never got to try coz everyone avoids it like a plague. Lunch time always see the place empty, didn't look promising to me too.

Maybe they have poor QC and you hit the jackpot that day?
This is my 2nd visit. First one good, so came back again. Next time if i'm on leave again, i will try to go back

So you went for the full menu or normal menu ?
Normal. Still got several items have not tried yet, eg, the morocan chicken.
NoSouL likes this.

Last edited by Toons; 08-12-2017 at 01:01 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #5584
Greater Supremacy Member

i just went to the dinner buffet at king louis..

value for money, if u can whack tons of meat. you eat 2 course cover the price liao.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #5585
Supremacy Member

Oh yea, thanks for the correction I only beo the lunch

This is my 2nd visit. First one good, so came back again. Next time if i'm on leave again, i will try to go back

Normal. Still got several items have not tried yet, eg, the morocan chicken.
thanks for the recommendation, going next week when gf on leave.
NoSouL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #5586
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very long never recommend any buffets, so here goes. Found is absolute gem of a buffet at King Louis, Vivocity.

https://www.thekinglouis.com/

Their ala carte buffet is $39.90++. They have 141 on weekdays n 342 on weekends. The menu is a pretty big one consisting of western dishes. Forgot to take a pic of their menu, but you can goggle it. Got salads, appertisers, main dishes, desserts n drinks.
Wah u make damn gain man haha. Is the meat wait time long??

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Last edited by twtan14; 09-12-2017 at 02:53 PM..
saiyan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #5587
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah u make damn gain man haha. Is the meat wait time long??

The food comes fast, around 10 mins for everything to come. We KOed in just 45 mins

Last edited by Toons; 09-12-2017 at 09:30 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:20 AM   #5588
Supremacy Member

wah lan i like pork ribs but never eat at king louis before...always tot the quality is not there cos seems very quiet whenever i pass by there...
if next week got go vivo i go there try and come back here give report...
merrr111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #5589
Honorary Member

The food comes fast, around 10 mins for everything to come. We KOed in just 45 mins
Next time can jiak with u?

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #5590
Supremacy Member

Went to Kitchen Table at W Sentosa for their seafood dinner buffet. s88++ per person.

Summary: "Overall, we really liked the abundance of seafood available throughout the whole buffet line, and also some of the novel (to us, anyway) flavours like the tandoori lobster. What we didn't really like was some of the hot dishes being left out on the line for way too long. We also thought that while the food was generally "not bad," there weren't really any standout "oh so delicious" dishes. To us, we think it's a little much to ask a diner to drive (or UberGrab) all the way out to Sentosa Cove, and pay a hundred bucks for this dinner, when there are countless other hotel buffets in Singapore that are better, cheaper, more convenient, or all three."

If you're interested in full review / pics, can check bloglink here: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2017...singapore.html.
Zaalaa likes this.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #5591
Supremacy Member

Went to Kitchen Table at W Sentosa for their seafood dinner buffet. s88++ per person.

Summary: "Overall, we really liked the abundance of seafood available throughout the whole buffet line, and also some of the novel (to us, anyway) flavours like the tandoori lobster. What we didn't really like was some of the hot dishes being left out on the line for way too long. We also thought that while the food was generally "not bad," there weren't really any standout "oh so delicious" dishes. To us, we think it's a little much to ask a diner to drive (or UberGrab) all the way out to Sentosa Cove, and pay a hundred bucks for this dinner, when there are countless other hotel buffets in Singapore that are better, cheaper, more convenient, or all three."

If you're interested in full review / pics, can check bloglink here: http://look-see-eat.blogspot.sg/2017...singapore.html.
Have always been thinking to try out Kitchen Table. Not sure if it is covered under AMEX 1-for-1. But if you have staycation in one of the hotels. I think it's a good choice.

Your review really makes me think twice now. hahaha

Last edited by twtan14; 12-12-2017 at 07:40 AM..
Zaalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #5592
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have always been thinking to try out Kitchen Table. Not sure if it is covered under AMEX 1-for-1. But if you have staycation in one of the hotels. I think it's a good choice.

Your review really makes me think twice now. hahaha
Which amex card is 1 for 1??

saiyan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #5593
Supremacy Member

It’s “OK” but s$88++ ... pricey leh. The other hotel buffets that are much easier to get to than sentosa cove are similar priced and IMO have overall better food.

Disclaimer I don’t own a car lol. A car owner might argue that sentosa cove is actually easier to drive to than orchard road on a saturday night 🤣
deodorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #5594
Arch-Supremacy Member

i just went to the dinner buffet at king louis..

value for money, if u can whack tons of meat. you eat 2 course cover the price liao.
so how much did u eat? 2 or 3 course?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:26 AM   #5595
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its OK but s$88++ ... pricey leh. The other hotel buffets that are much easier to get to than sentosa cove are similar priced and IMO have overall better food.

Disclaimer I dont own a car lol. A car owner might argue that sentosa cove is actually easier to drive to than orchard road on a saturday night 🤣
i have been there for its breadfast before.. its pretty good..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.