Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to go for buffet during tis period?

i will think tat taking the mrt or bus is riskier? So many ppl enclosed in small aircon place ... :s13:

Please continue to support your fav restaurants n hawker stalls. They need our support to tide over this difficult period.

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Price is the same for Sunday dinner? :eek:

The meats were very good, especially the lamb and beef. A bit on the medium rare side, which paired well with the wine juice sauce. Chicken was surprisingly tender as well. I really enjoyed the seafood side dishes too. Desserts were ordinary but that's to be expected from Carvery. :s13:

Hmmm, its abt $2 more. Weekday dinner is $49 n Fri/Sat dinner is $53. In the past, Sun dinner is covered under weekday dinner pricing. Din realise they reduced it. I will go find out the difference in spread.

Cryophoenix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, its abt $2 more. Weekday dinner is $49 n Fri/Sat dinner is $53. In the past, Sun dinner is covered under weekday dinner pricing. Din realise they reduced it. I will go find out the difference in spread.

Ah. Our lunch was $36 so hopefully the extra dishes at dinner make up for the extra price. :o

lufu

Master Member
Reaction score
Definitely. If see many people cough & sneeze onto the food tray. Can ask buffet to throw away & cook new one.

Last week went to hotel buffet. A kid was playing all the glasses for people to self serve drinks. Touching and playing with all the glasses with his bare hands while the parents watch on and smiling at their cute son

Half hour later. Saw another kid. Using his hand to pick up ice cubes and tossing them into the noodles which people meant to select and self serve. The parent did nothing

Buffet does has higher risk. I don't blame the children but the parents.

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last week went to hotel buffet. A kid was playing all the glasses for people to self serve drinks. Touching and playing with all the glasses with his bare hands while the parents watch on and smiling at their cute son

Half hour later. Saw another kid. Using his hand to pick up ice cubes and tossing them into the noodles which people meant to select and self serve. The parent did nothing

Buffet does has higher risk. I don't blame the children but the parents.

But I think buffets which you order and they bring to your tables should be OK. Like Dim Sum buffet, or Ala-carte buffet.

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i will think tat taking the mrt or bus is riskier? So many ppl enclosed in small aircon place ... :s13:

Please continue to support your fav restaurants n hawker stalls. They need our support to tide over this difficult period.

True.

The restaurants / eateries recently not many people.

Last week, I pass by my favourite hotpot restaurant.

Evening time 6.30pm.... No customers at all. Usually the restaurant would be at least 50 - 70% full....

The next day, I went there for dinner.... Hotpot buffet.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True.

The restaurants / eateries recently not many people.

Last week, I pass by my favourite hotpot restaurant.

Evening time 6.30pm.... No customers at all. Usually the restaurant would be at least 50 - 70% full....

The next day, I went there for dinner.... Hotpot buffet.

Yea, dun say wait til things improve ... by then might be too late for your fav restaurant/hawker :(

Btw, for those buying vouchers, you might wanna call to confirm if they are still offering buffets before buying. Quite a few places already stopped. Should be able to get a refund, but troublesome.

PikachuOh

Reaction score
Any recommendations for solid dimsum buffet below $25? and location not too far as I stay in the east. Thanks 🙏

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one tio covid 19 one of man lo hei there.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

No wonder the name so familiar :eek:

Anyway, I think they have a sister restaurant at OCBC Centre carpark level 5

They are famous for their kong bak pao and hokkien mee and duck salad (not in the buffet)

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. Was thinking to go try since so near my home.

I think it's okay bah - it's been so long since that guy visited the place

I am also tempted to bring my parents there

Don't think the virus can survive that long in the open :s13:

Reaction score
Time to jiak buibui?
https://www.moneydigest.sg/kiseki-japanese-buffet-restaurant-offering-2-for-40-nett-all-you-can-eat-buffet-with-over-200-items-from-now-till-31-mar-20/

Sent from Rem Is Best Waifu using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.