HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree757Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2018, 03:46 AM   #6166

To increase post count
post count at EDMW gets you admission to secret chamber.

Post count (>20000 post at Buffetlicious) get you one buffet at Lines
Clopixol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #6167

Rasa Sayang BBQ Dinner Buffet
Date. Mon 20 Aug
Time. 6.45pm
Venue. Royale @ Mercure Bugis Hotel
Price. $26.60 ++

Details :-
https://www.mercure-singapore-bugis....ng-bbq-buffet/
http://www.ladyironchef.com/2018/05/royale-bbq-buffet/
anyone been to this? how was it

-edit-
sorry just saw this

The Royale buffet was dissapointing. Food took some time to be replenished and some of the bbq items had already run out by the time we arrived. Kuehs were also gone and replaced with other desserts so didn't get a chance to try them at all. Situation might be better on weekdays.

Salted egg yolk prawns, bbq beef satay and bbq chicken wings were nice. For desserts, I liked the chocolate cake and cheese cake.
boiboi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 02:59 PM   #6168
High Supremacy Member

At least you tried the Brotzeit sausages b4? After you try Escape's, then can give your comments

Err when you going escape? Last fri is suckling pig n sat is lamb. Ytd (thu) was lamb n today (fri) is suckling pig. Looks like this sat might be lamb again if the rotation is fixed.

Today got something new too. At around late 8ish, 2 chef started pushing a trolly around n serving a piece of wagyu churrasco style. The chef will slice the beef n serve it together w chicken hearts & grilled pineapple. That one is nice. I prefer it over the tomahawk. The chef said the wagyu was cooked using the sous vide method for a few hrs n then fast grilled on a hotplate for color.

@-Synchronicity- Btw, i heard pan pac edge's sausages quite good?
What about Sunday? My makan got postponed to next Sunday
Old 20-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #6169

had steamboat buffet at beauty in a pot today - so bad - headache all day all my team mates feel same too .... avoid the collagen one
freewilly5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #6170

Beauty in a pot is not buffet.
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2018, 09:27 PM   #6171

Went this Sunday evening, I liked it and thought it's worth it for the price. Not many items and you can see the menu online. Liked the BBQ items, beef stew, Assam fish and DIY kong bak bao. Durian crem brle was good and so was chocolate cake!

anyone been to this? how was it

-edit-
sorry just saw this
boiboi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #6172
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went this Sunday evening, I liked it and thought it's worth it for the price. Not many items and you can see the menu online. Liked the BBQ items, beef stew, Assam fish and DIY kong bak bao. Durian crem brle was good and so was chocolate cake!
We also tried the Rasa Sayang BBQ Dinner Buffet @ Royale last night and i quite like it too. Small spread as mentioned, but i liked several items, eg, choc cake, rock melons, bbq beef satay, bbq sotong, bbq chix (tad bland n the bbqing is good), bbq stingray, curry fishhead (fish okay, but gavy is nice), the grilled sea bass, laksa chix & salted egg prawns.

The young chef at the bbq stn is nice n friendly. Unfortunately, the replenishment of hot food was still slow even when asked.
carey likes this.
Old 21-08-2018, 01:31 PM   #6173

I read got ha cheong Kai. Izit true? Seems ok for the price especially if it's free flow BBQ stingray.

Recently tried this Korean BBQ semi buffet sin manbok. Located opposite beauty world near the famous Al-Azhar.

Their menu can be quite confusing. Basically just pick event 4(don't ask me about the names) if you wanna try out everything.

Their meats are free flow which are awesome as they have one of the better pork belly and beef short plates. They use good meats as low quality meats have that weird pork/beef smell. Try cooking pork from Australia and compare with Indonesian pork and you will get what I mean.

You next have to pick a stew, a carb dishes(Korean pancakes or steamed egg), 1 Korean rice stick dish and 1 type of Korean fried chicken.

The side dishes includes actually spicy kimchi, mashed potatoes with eggs(A tad on the sweet side) and broiled broccoli which are all refillable.

Food are great and authentic as the owner is korean and most waiters/waitress are Koreans. Girls get to oogle at the waiters as well as they are admittingly good looking....but I digress.

Price wise, it's at 25+. You only pay for service charge, gst is inclusive of the 25. Oh and they are ala-carte so everything is served to you.
tomb and carey like this.

Last edited by -Synchronicity-; 21-08-2018 at 08:10 PM..
-Synchronicity- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #6174
Master Member

any idea on the 31th aug, escape @ farrer is piggy or lamb nite?
spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #6175
Arch-Supremacy Member

I read got ha cheong Kai. Izit true? Seems ok for the price especially if it's free flow BBQ stingray.

Recently tried this Korean BBQ semi buffet sin manbok. Located opposite beauty world near the famous Al-Azhar.
Price wise, it's at 25+. You only pay for service charge, gst is inclusive of the 25. Oh and they are ala-carte so everything is served to you.
Yes, there was prawn paste chix as well but I prefer the bbq ones as they are bigger n juicier. No complaints for the price esp since its the same price for weekends n PHs as well.

I used to go to the kbbq buffet there. It was known as another name iirc. Was a typical kbbq buffet. Now become ala carte kbbq buffet? Hmmm, i will give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Any idea if it is like a typical kbbq where the dinner spread is the same as weekend (full day) spread?
Old 21-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #6176
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tonight i going. I will check for you
Old 21-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #6177
High Supremacy Member

Tonight i going. I will check for you
Can ask for me this Sunday is porkie or meh meh? Hahah
Old 21-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #6178

I used to go to the kbbq buffet there. It was known as another name iirc. Was a typical kbbq buffet. Now become ala carte kbbq buffet? Hmmm, i will give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Any idea if it is like a typical kbbq where the dinner spread is the same as weekend (full day) spread?
That area opposite beauty world is known to be a mini-k town. You might have gone to one of the many Korean BBQ places there. The semi buffet spread is always the same. Going on weekdays allows you to try the other buffet events individually which means

Event 1 - meat
Event 2 - Korean fried chicken(I dubbed it KFC lol)
Event 3 - stews, Korean pancakes and Korean rice cakes

Event 4 is available basically at all times. As for portion wise, they will adjust to the amount of people. So let's say you order an army stew for x4 people. They will provide you a huge pot which is enough for 4 pax. Obviously 2, they will serve you the mini version.
Toons likes this.

Last edited by -Synchronicity-; 21-08-2018 at 08:13 PM..
-Synchronicity- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 02:12 PM   #6179
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fri is suckling pig n pork ribs. Whole lamb & pork belly on sat.

Can ask for me this Sunday is porkie or meh meh? Hahah
Sun is smoked duck n something else which i dun find interesting, so can't remember

@ striker, next wed is peking duck n something else (refer to something else above)

PS: i remembered liao, 1 of the something else is pork knuckles. I think its for Sun.

Note tat above are subject to changes, bo bao jiak. The staff stressed tat.
The beef wellington, beef tartar n slow roasted tomahawk are available daily.

Last edited by Toons; 23-08-2018 at 08:04 AM..
Toons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 08:47 PM   #6180
Supremacy Member

https://www.facebook.com/damnworthit...1591196167739/

FREE-FLOW Traditional Charcoal Korean BBQ @ $28++ (Only avail. Weekday dinner, Sat, Sun & PH)

Buffet Includes:

-Salt Pork Collar
-Soya Pork Collar
-Pepper Pork Collar

-Plain Pork Belly
-Thin Pork Belly
-Soya Pork Belly

-Soya Chicken Leg Boneless
-Pepper Chicken Leg Boneless
-Spicy Chicken Leg Boneless

-Prawns

Top up $4 for anyone of these sides:
-Soya Bean Stew
-Spicy Tofu Stew
-Bimbimbap
-Cold Noodle
-Spicy Cold Noodle
-Spicy Rice Cake
-Steamed Egg

50% OFF for additional Beef BBQ dishes
50% OFF for additional Sharing dishes

안녕하세요 HELLO Korean BBQ
Address: 45 Circular Rd, Singapore 049400

Weekdays
5.30pm - 11.59pm (Last order 11pm)

Sat, Sun & PH
11.30am-2.30pm (Last order 2pm)
& 5.30pm - 11.59pm (Last order 11pm)

anyone tried?
vofzxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.