Did you ask about the menu?
Old 29-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #6212

Did you ask about the menu?
Yup . Friday is suckling pig and pork ribs
carey likes this.
Old 30-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #6213
Arch-Supremacy Member

The original menu is suckling pig n pork ribs, but its subject to changes. Ytd was supposed to be peking duck, but end up only roast pork. So be mentally prepared. On the other hand, my friend told me that ytd's tomahawk was good
Old 30-08-2018, 10:22 AM   #6214
High Supremacy Member

The original menu is suckling pig n pork ribs, but its subject to changes. Ytd was supposed to be peking duck, but end up only roast pork. So be mentally prepared. On the other hand, my friend told me that ytd's tomahawk was good
Wah, so jialat ah?
Old 30-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #6215
Master Member

nice, going down this coming fri too.
really looking forward for the piggy and oysters... maybe can try break my personal oysters record at escape..
spectral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #6216

Hope they dont disappoint me on my first visit.

Singapore best buffet , base on my humble 2 cents of peasant opinion :

1) The edge - strong array in variety but there is no flagship dish that’s you die die want to keep going back for

2) Marriott cafe - strong seafood pile (lobsters, crabs etc) on Sunday lunch. But after 2-3 rounds, You will realise its limited in variety

3) Triple 3 - went once . Don’t really like it. More of a seafood person, perhaps their offers are mainly on meat focus

4) yunan hotpot ecology , around Bugis. Love their wagyu beef, tiger prawns etc.

5) the lime - i also like their variety and quality
Old 30-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #6217

The yunan hot pot wagyu beef include inside the buffet ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:26 AM   #6218

No suckling pig.

It was roast pork. And no ribs.

The beef Wellington was alright , tomahawk so so.

Had both the wagyu bowl and the mushroom rice + wagyu and chicken heart.

Manager was very apologetic and offered special off-the buffet dishes for my table .
tomb likes this.
3000kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #6219
Arch-Supremacy Member

Also tried another buffet on Sun. The weekend lunch @ Amuse Bar & Dine, Dorsett Hotel near Outram MRT. Restaurant offering promo of $38++ for 2 pax, so it works out to $22.40 nett per pax.

Just a word of caution, the spread is very small. 2 carb dishes (noodle n pineapple rice) + 6-7 hot dishes as well as 1 beef carving. Some desserts, salad bar and some appetisers completes the spread. So if you're the kind tat dun eat certain food, then depending on the spread tat day, you might end up with not much to eat

Spread might be small, but the quality of the food is definitely there. Nice place too. Bright, relaxed n airy. I likie!
Tried Amuse on Sunday again, n its still as good as the first time. Had the steamed prawns, curry fish head n roasted beef again, same as our first visit. They have mala flower crabs n chilli crabs this time. The man tou really good

If you guys okay w small variety (no sashimi, sushi or seafood on ice) n prefer quality, do give them a try. Oh yea, did i mention that they use meiji fresh milk for their coffee machine?

No suckling pig.

Manager was very apologetic and offered special off-the buffet dishes for my table .
Ouch How is the waygu on skewer?

I really dun understand y they wanna spoil their own reputation like tat. They started off strong n i enjoyed my 2 visits there, y not just end things on a good note?
Old 03-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #6220
Master Member

No suckling pig.

The beef Wellington was alright , tomahawk so so.

Had both the wagyu bowl and the mushroom rice + wagyu and chicken heart.

was quite disappointed with no piggy, and wtf with the roast pork as a special dish. nothing special coz it can be found in any kopitiam.

the only redemption was the tomahawk + oyster, dun think will return again.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #6221

was quite disappointed with no piggy, and wtf with the roast pork as a special dish. nothing special coz it can be found in any kopitiam.

the only redemption was the tomahawk + oyster, dun think will return again.
Bro you were there? Which table?

Iím seated near the bar . The oysters were fat and I think I went for numerous rounds.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #6222
Master Member

Bro you were there? Which table?

Iím seated near the bar . The oysters were fat and I think I went for numerous rounds.
one of the table at the edge near the chendol area also quite near to oysters.
the oysters really fat and creamy, whack oysters non stop, Haha.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:39 PM   #6223

one of the table at the edge near the chendol area also quite near to oysters.
the oysters really fat and creamy, whack oysters non stop, Haha.
Were you wearing dark colours , and itís just you and your Wife that night ? You are about 1.8m tall. Thick dark colour hair.

You guys left about 9?

I stayed throughout and the special they roll out was once the wagyu and chicken heart with mushroom rice and then the wagyu beef bowl.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:59 AM   #6224
Arch-Supremacy Member

Were you wearing dark colours , and itís just you and your Wife that night ? You are about 1.8m tall. Thick dark colour hair.

You guys left about 9?

I stayed throughout and the special they roll out was once the wagyu and chicken heart with mushroom rice and then the wagyu beef bowl.
Don't expose him.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #6225
Master Member

You guys left about 9?

was with my wife, huhh... i think i was wearing dark color polo tee. there was another couple seated closer to the chendol than us, thou. haha... i snatched away ur oyster ah, can rem so clearly sia.
we left shortly after they served the wagyu beef rice bowl.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.