Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree710Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2018, 08:16 AM   #6241
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eh? After midnight buffet have? Never seen before
Escape has a porridge buffet 11pm - 4pm
https://www.onefarrer.com/en/promoti...ge-spread.html
Yea, open til so late, or rather so early, i can only think of this porridge supper buffet @ escape too. Even the porridge buffet @ quality hotel also until 1230am nia iirc.

Pass like pogba if its the same that I go with toons.
Yea, the same one. They actually improved on the quality of the food. I went there like 4 times in the past 3 months, hehe. They have kueh chap now too n i really liked tat w their big intestines. Too bad the last 2 times i went, there were no big intestines

Fave now selling voucher @ $12.90 nia. For tat price, really can't complain. You go outside those late nite porridge stalls, easily also almost $10.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #6242
Greater Supremacy Member

Yea, open til so late, or rather so early, i can only think of this porridge supper buffet @ escape too. Even the porridge buffet @ quality hotel also until 1230am nia iirc.

Yea, the same one. They actually improved on the quality of the food. I went there like 4 times in the past 3 months, hehe. They have kueh chap now too n i really liked tat w their big intestines. Too bad the last 2 times i went, there were no big intestines

Fave now selling voucher @ $12.90 nia. For tat price, really can't complain. You go outside those late nite porridge stalls, easily also almost $10.
If the timing not so late. I still ok. I have to factor in grab price. Like that bo hua grab cost more than the buffet.

Sent from Single is not a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone. using GAGT
Swordsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #6243

Why would you want buffet for supper? Supper is already a very bad idea health wise....
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 11:35 AM   #6244

Went to Colony 80++ each
DBS 10% off

One of the best buffets I've had.
Really is pay for what you get.
Toons likes this.
johndoe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2018, 07:00 PM   #6245

does marriott cafe dinner buffer cook the lobster for u if u ask?
ihuazai2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #6246
Arch-Supremacy Member

does marriott cafe dinner buffer cook the lobster for u if u ask?
Yes, but the lobster on ice is already cooked, so cook again will not be so nice.
Old 17-09-2018, 12:01 PM   #6247
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pretty decent. Maybe post some pics tmr if i'm free

The crab not so fresh unfortunately, but the prawns, beef short ribs n fish all not bad. Best is they are ala carte, so comes piping hot!

Seafood Buffet w Unlimited Ala Carte Dishes @ Sky22

The Hungry Deal
Seafood lovers are in for a mouth-watering treat this September as Sky22 in Courtyard by Marriott Singapore Novena launches the September Seafood Bonanza - a seafood themed buffet available every Friday to Sunday from 1 September to 30 September.

The buffet spread presents a medley of fresh appetisers such as Poached Salmon with Fennel and Zucchini, smoked tuna, smoked marlin, salads and assorted sushi. Adding variety to the starters, a seafood-on-ice- counter tempts with fresh catch of prawns, mussels and scallops. Diners can tuck into piping hot bowls of Clam Chowder or Seafood Gumbo before starting on the main feast.
A key highlight of the seafood buffet spread is the cook-to-order a la carte buffet spread with over 17 all-you-can-eat main courses and side fares. Diners can choose from favourites such a Surf & Turf Platter of braised short ribs and grilled lobster, Green Lip Mussels Pomodoro, Pan-seared Seabass with Mediterranean Salsa, Oyster Platter (Rockefeller, Kilpatrick and Mornay), Spaghetti ‘Aragosta’ Baby Lobster and Crab Quiche.

In additional to the Western seafood delights, other noteworthy Asian seafood dishes included are the Singapore Chilli Crab with Mantou Bun, Black Pepper Prawns, LaLa (White Clams) Be Hoon, Nyonya Grilled Seabass and Sky22’s signature Laksa from the live station.

Complete the gastronomic spread with desserts featuring the Opalys Choc Crunch, classic Bubur Cha-cha, Rum Panacotta with Berries Compote, Filo Apple with Anglaise and Strawberry Mousse Cake.

Click here for menu.

4 pay 3 promo @ hungry go where :-
https://www.hungrydeals.sg/sky22-nov...990.1515637226
Some pics from the Sky22 buffet ...

Surf n Turf ... the surf is lousy but turf (aka beef short ribs) is really yummy! My fav item in the buffet.

The lobster in this dish is much better than the one in the surf dish

tomb likes this.
Old 17-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #6248
Arch-Supremacy Member

They use seabass which is a improvement over dory!

Both the samba n black pepper prawns overcooked, which is a pity since the prawn quite big n fresh.

Crabs not fresh ... the claws are stinky though the body okay
tomb likes this.
Old 18-09-2018, 02:09 AM   #6249
Master Member

Anyone got recommendations for a buffet? Actually celebrating birthday for a friend. Preferable if got good desert counter (cakes and stuff).

Thinking about heading to Lime for their dinner buffet if anyone has any experience.
Old 18-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #6250

Went to Colony 80++ each
DBS 10% off

Any pics to share?
G Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #6251
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went to Colony 80++ each
DBS 10% off

I dun have pics too, but i second his recommendation. Imo colony (fri nite w lobster) n carousel are amongst the best buffet, tats if you're willing to pay
Old 18-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #6252
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone got recommendations for a buffet? Actually celebrating birthday for a friend. Preferable if got good desert counter (cakes and stuff).

Thinking about heading to Lime for their dinner buffet if anyone has any experience.
Budget n dietary preference? Any items you will like to have other than good desserts? If purely recommending based on desserts, then can consider Line. They have a large dessert spread.

I tried the weekend lunch at lime once. Limited spread n i find the taste off food generally avg to below avg. But tats like 1+ yr back. The building n ambience is nice though =D
Old 18-09-2018, 03:10 PM   #6253
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone keen on joining us? Current headcount @ 10 pax (though 3 TBC).

Ala Carte Buffet Dinner @ Peach Garden, Miramar Hotel

Date. Fri 21 Sep
Time. 7pm
Price. Mid 30ish after 50% promo

The food is nice, w unlimited orders of deep fried soon hock!
Old 18-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #6254
Arch-Supremacy Member

Budget n dietary preference? Any items you will like to have other than good desserts? If purely recommending based on desserts, then can consider Line. They have a large dessert spread.

I tried the weekend lunch at lime once. Limited spread n i find the taste off food generally avg to below avg. But tats like 1+ yr back. The building n ambience is nice though =D
that reminds me, i like the desserts at Melt Cafe
especially their Melt choc cake
zhaohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #6255

Anyone keen on joining us? Current headcount @ 10 pax (though 3 TBC).

Ala Carte Buffet Dinner @ Peach Garden, Miramar Hotel

Date. Fri 21 Sep
Time. 7pm
Price. Mid 30ish after 50% promo

The food is nice, w unlimited orders of deep fried soon hock!
I have the impression that peach garden does dim sum buffet. I remember wrongly then....
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.