HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #6256
Master Member

Budget n dietary preference? Any items you will like to have other than good desserts? If purely recommending based on desserts, then can consider Line. They have a large dessert spread.

I tried the weekend lunch at lime once. Limited spread n i find the taste off food generally avg to below avg. But tats like 1+ yr back. The building n ambience is nice though =D
Thanks for the recommendation! Only can make it for dinner (understand that lunch is generally cheaper) and budget would like to keep it around 50ish if possible (flexible though).

No dietry preferences but preferably no beef. Wanted to go to Colony but currently only got DBS 10% discount while she has just gone to Carousel like 2 weeks ago.

Any other recommendations will be welcome
Tooi Kono Machi De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #6257

anyone been to brunch at four points eatery recently? How is it and what's the theme?
boiboi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #6258
Master Member

anyone been to brunch at four points eatery recently? How is it and what's the theme?
Was terrible. Singapore hawker food. No oyster. No sashimi. No snow crab.
lufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #6259
Supremacy Member

Any good place for brunch/bf ? Weekday is fine cos on leave .. buffet or otherwise is fine .. with my pregnant wife

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 using GAGT
nomoreliaola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #6260

Thank you! will avoid then.
boiboi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #6261
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you! will avoid then.
They doing local for Aug n extended the theme to Sep as well *yucks*

Taste wise still okay, but to remove buffet staples like sashimi, sushi, seafood on ice just coz of local theme is a sucky move imo. I only heard that they will be having a festive spread in Nov/Dec.
Old 24-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #6262
Greater Supremacy Member

Heng ar local sushi buffet din boycott us lol
https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a23375844/triathlete-banned-for-eating-100-plates-sushi/

Sent from Sony H8166 using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #6263
Master Member

They doing local for Aug n extended the theme to Sep as well *yucks*

Taste wise still okay, but to remove buffet staples like sashimi, sushi, seafood on ice just coz of local theme is a sucky move imo. I only heard that they will be having a festive spread in Nov/Dec.
All the SPG properties bought over by Marriot seems to be going down the drain. W Kitchen table, Westin buffet and this 4 Point as well.
Old 24-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #6264
Arch-Supremacy Member

All the SPG properties bought over by Marriot seems to be going down the drain. W Kitchen table, Westin buffet and this 4 Point as well.
Errr, for 4 pts eatery, i find taste wise still okay, but the value really went down the drain. Previously, got sashimi, sushi, seafood on ice, oysters etc. Now for the same price, all these items are removed. How does tat make sense? If they really want to do a really local 'local' theme, then at least reduce the price lar.

For seasonal tastes, i just went on Sat for dinner n i found it my best ever experience there Sure, the spread was slightly smaller n not as 'atas' as when they had the lobster theme, but a lot of dishes are yummy! The steamed garlic crabs, chilli crabs, lobsters on ice (actually got some sweetness n not over cooked til tough), lala bee hoon, roasted beef (nt bad, definitely better than the overcooked meat b4) etc. Really enjoyed the food tat nite. Definitely going to go back again.
Old 25-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #6265
Master Member

Errr, for 4 pts eatery, i find taste wise still okay, but the value really went down the drain. Previously, got sashimi, sushi, seafood on ice, oysters etc. Now for the same price, all these items are removed. How does tat make sense? If they really want to do a really local 'local' theme, then at least reduce the price lar.

For seasonal tastes, i just went on Sat for dinner n i found it my best ever experience there Sure, the spread was slightly smaller n not as 'atas' as when they had the lobster theme, but a lot of dishes are yummy! The steamed garlic crabs, chilli crabs, lobsters on ice (actually got some sweetness n not over cooked til tough), lala bee hoon, roasted beef (nt bad, definitely better than the overcooked meat b4) etc. Really enjoyed the food tat nite. Definitely going to go back again.
Okay thanks. Will give seasonal taste another go to see if they had improved. The last one was terrible. No oysters as well
Old 25-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #6266
Arch-Supremacy Member

Okay thanks. Will give seasonal taste another go to see if they had improved. The last one was terrible. No oysters as well
Errr, afaik, they never had oysters. If you want oysters, then you should give seasonal taste a miss
Old 25-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #6267

Seasonal taste have oyster for Sunday brunch.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #6268
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seasonal taste have oyster for Sunday brunch.

Ahh ... i only tried their dinner nia. How is the sunday brunch compared to their dinner?

Do they have any 1 for 1 promo card or voucher promo for their brunch?
Old 25-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #6269

1 for 1 have. Sunday brunch I went twice . First time was very good. Second time was disappointing. But for Sunday brunch their price is the cheapest compare to other hotels and there is an area for kids to play. Got mini sandwich all those for kids. But now still have a not I not sure.

Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #6270

Wanna go escape!!!!!!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.