HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree759Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #6376

Thanks for the review . At least I will go try churrasco first .
That's not really a review. Anyway here's a bief one.

Rodizio do bazil has a relatively easy to find location with great ambiance.

On a Saturday night with eatigo app, it's at 34.30++ per pax which is a really good price as long as the food is cooked up to par.

My first impression of the service was pretty bad - we were sitted at a table outside which I'm fine with as the place is decorated quite nicely. However, my mum would like a table closer to the Singapore river as it's been a long time since she's been there. So for a simple table change request, it was denied with the reason it's reserved. Ok I'm fine with that. I'm not the only table which requested for a change though and the same reason was given. A tourist(Ang mo), an obvious passerby asked what's this buffet about and after explaining, led them to the table. I have noted that none of the locals were sitted near the lake.

We were presented with an alcohol menu. There was an ongoing 1for1 promotion for beers, wines and spirits so that's a great offer. Am disappointed that the only draft beer they have is tiger which I'm not a fan of.

Now to the food, the salad bar's selection was understandingly smaller then Brazil churrasco's spread(theirs is too massive i feel) but a decent spread which has soups, salads, and some side dishes. They have a small dessert bar which consists of fruits, Swiss rolls and herbal jelly.

First 2 meats which came was chicken wrapped bacon and sausage. Both were decent but kinda standard run of the mill. Thanks came picanha and oh boy it's bad. No idea what's going on but every single piece which I received were well done(overcooked). Only later during the buffet before I start seeing medium rare pichana. What does the mean? Overly dry and chewy beef(picahnas are usually more lean which explains the toughness when overcooked).

The worst part was...picanha was actually the best meat. The ham was homemade but tasteless as it's not seasoned properly. The beef hump was not well marinated enough as well. No comments on the lamb as...I don't like lamb. They have garlic beef but it came out.... once and was never seen again.

The stuff which were actually good was the fish, pineapple and surprisingly, garlic bread. Prawns and squid didn't get to try as they were never served even though I asked several times if they were able to serve it and they claimed soon.

In conclusion, just go for the picanha(the non overcooked version), garlic bread, fish and pineapple. Hope the seafood comes out and find out for yourself if the lamb is good.

Another thing I noticed was the frequency of the servers and food. People who have been to Brazil churrasco know that the food is really frequent. That is not true here even though it's a Saturday. It seems that part of the reason is because the servers....cook the food as well which explains the overcooked meat. The only Brazilian chef there...serves the food too unlike Brazil churrasco where they have permanent chefs churning out food consistently.

Is it value for money? Well it is especially if you manage to get the 50% on weekdays especially so if you have not tried a Brazilian buffet before. Would I go again? Probably not. If I wanted better meats, I could go for wagyu buffets which costs about 42.80+ @ clementi321. If I wanted a chaper one yet delicious buffet, Korean BBQ like the ones at bukit timah(opposite beauty world) is a much better choice at 25+

Note: the wall of text was typed entirely on my phone so expect typos and auto-correct not being correct.
tomb and Devilman37 like this.

Last edited by -Synchronicity-; 19-11-2018 at 10:01 AM..
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #6377

The key is to keep your expectations in line w the actual price paid. Eg, you paid $40 nett per pax for a 1 for 1 buffet. No doubt its advertised as 1 for 1, but if you expect to get food worth $80, then you're going to be disappointed.
There's a reason why I usually don't go 1 for 1s....well partly cause I usually eat alone. Another reason is food quality. Of course there are some exceptions like that m hotel 1 for 1 sushi buffet which I can't remember the name of the restaurant
Old 19-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #6378
Arch-Supremacy Member

Of course there are some exceptions like that m hotel 1 for 1 sushi buffet which I can't remember the name of the restaurant
Hokkaido sushi ... yea, tat one is good. I also waiting for them to have the promo again
Old 19-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #6379
Greater Supremacy Member

That's not really a review. Anyway here's a bief one.

Rodizio do bazil has a relatively easy to find location with great ambiance.

On a Saturday night with eatigo app, it's at 34.30++ per pax which is a really good price as long as the food is cooked up to par.

My first impression of the service was pretty bad - we were sitted at a table outside which I'm fine with as the place is decorated quite nicely. However, my mum would like a table closer to the Singapore river as it's been a long time since she's been there. So for a simple table change request, it was denied with the reason it's reserved. Ok I'm fine with that. I'm not the only table which requested for a change though and the same reason was given. A tourist(Ang mo), an obvious passerby asked what's this buffet about and after explaining, led them to the table. I have noted that none of the locals were sitted near the lake.

We were presented with an alcohol menu. There was an ongoing 1for1 promotion for beers, wines and spirits so that's a great offer. Am disappointed that the only draft beer they have is tiger which I'm not a fan of.

Now to the food, the salad bar's selection was understandingly smaller then Brazil churrasco's spread(theirs is too massive i feel) but a decent spread which has soups, salads, and some side dishes. They have a small dessert bar which consists of fruits, Swiss rolls and herbal jelly.

First 2 meats which came was chicken wrapped bacon and sausage. Both were decent but kinda standard run of the mill. Thanks came picanha and oh boy it's bad. No idea what's going on but every single piece which I received were well done(overcooked). Only later during the buffet before I start seeing medium rare pichana. What does the mean? Overly dry and chewy beef(picahnas are usually more lean which explains the toughness when overcooked).

The worst part was...picanha was actually the best meat. The ham was homemade but tasteless as it's not seasoned properly. The beef hump was not well marinated enough as well. No comments on the lamb as...I don't like lamb. They have garlic beef but it came out.... once and was never seen again.

The stuff which were actually good was the fish, pineapple and surprisingly, garlic bread. Prawns and squid didn't get to try as they were never served even though I asked several times if they were able to serve it and they claimed soon.

In conclusion, just go for the picanha(the non overcooked version), garlic bread, fish and pineapple. Hope the seafood comes out and find out for yourself if the lamb is good.

Another thing I noticed was the frequency of the servers and food. People who have been to Brazil churrasco know that the food is really frequent. That is not true here even though it's a Saturday. It seems that part of the reason is because the servers....cook the food as well which explains the overcooked meat. The only Brazilian chef there...serves the food too unlike Brazil churrasco where they have permanent chefs churning out food consistently.

Is it value for money? Well it is especially if you manage to get the 50% on weekdays especially so if you have not tried a Brazilian buffet before. Would I go again? Probably not. If I wanted better meats, I could go for wagyu buffets which costs about 42.80+ @ clementi321. If I wanted a chaper one yet delicious buffet, Korean BBQ like the ones at bukit timah(opposite beauty world) is a much better choice at 25+

Note: the wall of text was typed entirely on my phone so expect typos and auto-correct not being correct.
sorry for yr bad experience.

im ok with the server speed as i need time to rest from my "onslaught".

if they keep rushing me with meat i will Ko very fast. lol.

you mean the japanese charocal diy bbq buffet with time limit ? i think their service is even worse. took such a long time to serve the meat.. need time to cook under the time constraint. they don't serve ice water too. maybe to you is no big deal, to me is the basic of the basic.

beauty world 1 need to diy cook ???? got time limit ? not fond of diy cooking.

whenever i heard korean bbq buffet = time limit.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #6380

No time limit there. And yes diy cook. Which is why I love it. Food is awesome too.

My mini review for it -

Recently tried this Korean BBQ semi buffet sin manbok. Located opposite beauty world near the famous Al-Azhar.

Their menu can be quite confusing. Basically just pick event 4(don't ask me about the names) if you wanna try out everything.

Their meats are free flow which are awesome as they have one of the better pork belly and beef short plates. They use good meats as low quality meats have that weird pork/beef smell. Try cooking pork from Australia and compare with Indonesian pork and you will get what I mean.

You next have to pick a stew, a carb dishes(Korean pancakes or steamed egg), 1 Korean rice stick dish and 1 type of Korean fried chicken.

The side dishes includes actually spicy kimchi, mashed potatoes with eggs(A tad on the sweet side) and broiled broccoli which are all refillable.

Food are great and authentic as the owner is korean and most waiters/waitress are Koreans. Girls get to oogle at the waiters as well as they are admittingly good looking....but I digress.

Price wise, it's at 25+. You only pay for service charge, gst is inclusive of the 25. Oh and they are ala-carte so everything is served to you.

Last edited by -Synchronicity-; 19-11-2018 at 10:18 AM..
Old 19-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #6381

Hi guys any good promotion for year end buffet that is available for Friday dinner?

The compilation listed on the website shared earlier are not available (limited) or not valid for Friday..
mngedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #6382
Greater Supremacy Member

Brazil churrasco worth the price ? over 60 dollars.

its more than double of Rodizio do brazil (with promo on weekday)

without promo of cos i won't go Rodizio do brazil.

with promo i close 1 eye.

Old 19-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #6383

Brazil churrasco worth the price ? over 60 dollars.

its more than double of Rodizio do brazil (with promo on weekday)

without promo of cos i won't go Rodizio do brazil.

with promo i close 1 eye.
Definitely worth every cent if you are a carnivore. Every single meat is well seasoned/marinated/cooked. The servers are attentive of your requests and even the salad bar is fantastic.

I've seen people who dislike medium rare and request well done. They will actually go into the kitchen and make a slice for the requestor

Last edited by -Synchronicity-; 19-11-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 19-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #6384
Greater Supremacy Member

Definitely worth every cent if you are a carnivore. Every single meat is well seasoned/marinated/cooked. The servers are attentive of your requests and even the salad bar is fantastic.
maybe i should go again.. went twice only remember they like to "zerg rush" ( a term from starcraft) me

Old 19-11-2018, 03:43 PM   #6385

Shin minori still worth on birthday months? How much does the paying adult accompanying birthday person have to pay?
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #6386
High Supremacy Member

Hokkaido sushi ... yea, tat one is good. I also waiting for them to have the promo again
What was the last promo like? Got any birthday promo?
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #6387
Arch-Supremacy Member

What was the last promo like? Got any birthday promo?
Was 50% during singtel promo iirc. Now only 20-30% nia ... its 1 of the better jap ala carte buffets though, so if you dun mind paying a bit more for quality, then i will recommend hokkaido sushi.
Old 19-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #6388
High Supremacy Member

Was 50% during singtel promo iirc. Now only 20-30% nia ... its 1 of the better jap ala carte buffets though, so if you dun mind paying a bit more for quality, then i will recommend hokkaido sushi.
Hokkaido sushi vs sankei vs shin minori? Ate a couple of times for the last 2, i find sankei more worth with its price and taste.

Or wondering if i shld go for int'l buffet like 4-points.
Old 20-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #6389
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hokkaido sushi vs sankei vs shin minori? Ate a couple of times for the last 2, i find sankei more worth with its price and taste.

Hokkaido sushi is a level above sankai n shin minori.

I actually ate once at shin minori nia. The first round was good, sushi was thick, fatty n fresh, but subsequent rounds, the sushi quite thinly sliced n not so fatty. So did not return.

For 4 points, i suggest going after 3 Dec, tats when their festive menu starts. I assume tat they will start serving the staples like seafood on ice, sashimi etc again for their festive menu. Coz for the past few months, they have local theme without the above items.
Old 20-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #6390

TBH you go sankai is for unagi sushi + sashimi only. Everything else is quite meh but they do have free flow drinks unlike the others.

Shin minori, like toons, only been there once. Quality is a cut higher when compared to sankai but not worth the the price increase.

Hokkaido sushi is significantly more expensive but the cuts are significantly higher in quality. Worth the increase in price. They usually give you some freebies as well. When I went previously, they had some free USDA steaks served per table(1 time)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.