Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is objectively worse for any business, especially buffets, to maintain price but cut corners vs increasing price to maintain standard.
It is - but many managements are penny wise, pound foolish and are after "low hanging fruits" as taught in MBA classes cos many of them have a short runway, maybe? ;)

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try Shangri-La The Line, couple of years back i went, the variety quite alot.
Couple of years back o_O

Things can change in weeks - but honestly, standard has dropped for a long while already (at least in the last 2 years)

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I booked Estate on 14th May. Hopefully it's good
Reviews please - we like the previous 333 even during covid period (probably thanks to the generous 1-for 1 CC promos and standard was still maintained)

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went Colony last year and it was horrible.
Yes it was probably 1 of the best pre covid. Recently is just baddddd
Hmm, I was planning to go back soon but after your comments, probably will put it on the back burner and try other places first :cry:

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I was planning to go back soon but after your comments, probably will put it on the back burner and try other places first :cry:
Maybe I went at the time where buffets were only served. And I went during Xmas period. Was very very disappointed cos the previous 2x I went, it was very good

DW

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe I went at the time where buffets were only served. And I went during Xmas period. Was very very disappointed cos the previous 2x I went, it was very good
I went to Melt late last year for the buffet and it wasn't good either.. Small selection and lacking in quality.. Buffet standards have dropped since covid

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to Melt late last year for the buffet and it wasn't good either.. Small selection and lacking in quality.. Buffet standards have dropped since covid
Melt is still one of my regular places cos it's one of the few places that serve fresh oysters during lunch

Selection is still okay as most of the time, we only focus on the usual suspects like roast, seafood (especially oysters) and sashimi :D

Handsome_guy

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone tried Estate@Hilton? How is it?

I just try estate. Use chope voucher which is 99 close to $100. At first, he say now is mother's day special so want to charge higher but I say I unaware of it.

Variety is very limited. No lobster, no crab but got oysters. Oyster fresh but I dun really eat it. The black truffle duck not to my liking, find it weird. I think if pay this price then it is more worth to go other hotel buffets.

2ndbrother

Reaction score
I just try estate. Use chope voucher which is 99 close to $100. At first, he say now is mother's day special so want to charge higher but I say I unaware of it.

Variety is very limited. No lobster, no crab but got oysters. Oyster fresh but I dun really eat it. The black truffle duck not to my liking, find it weird. I think if pay this price then it is more worth to go other hotel buffets.
I just tried too. Agree, got better choice for that price range

tan1688

Reaction score
Yup, I made a booking on 22 May liao

Hopefully it is good - their standard can fluctuate quite a bit even before covid so keeping my fingers crossed
Remember take some photos Carlton buffet if food is good, help us review

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think the old 333 is still miles ahead then

For now, I personally think that Estate is over priced and needs to adjust back to 333 level first before I go hahah

crazynut06

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to Carousel Buffet on mother day.

Not bad, at least they serve lobster, oyster etc...
though the snow crab leg is salty ttm lol... it's like they soaked it in salt water for many days haha
but the variety is quite comprehensive... they have 15% discount for a few credit card. still can go.

Went Rise@MBS in april. i like the quality of the cooked food, but the oyster is small and thin, eat like never eat...
but i like the dessert selection there... got kueys and cakes, tarts, chendol etc..

think i miss buffet a lot since covid hit us hahha...

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to Carousel Buffet on mother day.

Not bad, at least they serve lobster, oyster etc...
though the snow crab leg is salty ttm lol... it's like they soaked it in salt water for many days haha
but the variety is quite comprehensive... they have 15% discount for a few credit card. still can go.

Went Rise@MBS in april. i like the quality of the cooked food, but the oyster is small and thin, eat like never eat...
but i like the dessert selection there... got kueys and cakes, tarts, chendol etc..

think i miss buffet a lot since covid hit us hahha...

Is Carousel lunch or high tea better? Can’t rem all these well already.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.