HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree726Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 12:27 AM   #6541
Master Member

Which is the cheapest buffet with fresh oysters?
if four points eatery by sheraton is within your budget
Toons likes this.
Old 23-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #6542
Arch-Supremacy Member

if four points eatery by sheraton is within your budget
Yea, i concur. Its abt the cheapest buffet w oysters that i can think off too. Their oysters are quite meaty too. Rest of food though ....
Old 23-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #6543

Do they still have very good crawfish these days?
Old 23-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #6544
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do they still have very good crawfish these days?
No

Sashimi n seafood on ice came back though. The time i went, the durian paste also changed to 'hot' version. Not nice.
Old 23-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #6545

Hi! I need some guide here.

I am looking for dinner place for a group of around 10 diners.
I found some interesting options in eatigo and chope. May I know what should l pay attention at when using these booking accounts?

Comparing a particular restaurant, Chope listed a final bill price (1 for 1); eatigo listed different discount % for different time slot.

This is my understanding currently, please correct me if wrong.
If I use Chope, means I need to pay upfront then make reservation later. There is possibility the date I choose not available when I want to redeem.
If I use etigo, it is just booking first, pay on the dining day itself. It is discount rate, mean if there is only 9 diner come that day, I can inform before the time and only pay for 9 diners with same discount (let's say 50%) rate. So eatigo is less risky?
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 03:16 PM   #6546
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi! I need some guide here.

I am looking for dinner place for a group of around 10 diners.
I found some interesting options in eatigo and chope. May I know what should l pay attention at when using these booking accounts?

Comparing a particular restaurant, Chope listed a final bill price (1 for 1); eatigo listed different discount % for different time slot.

This is my understanding currently, please correct me if wrong.
If I use Chope, means I need to pay upfront then make reservation later. There is possibility the date I choose not available when I want to redeem.
You can make the reservation via the chope website first (indicate you using chope vouchers in the remarks), then buy the chope vouchers.

If I use etigo, it is just booking first, pay on the dining day itself. It is discount rate, mean if there is only 9 diner come that day, I can inform before the time and only pay for 9 diners with same discount (let's say 50%) rate. So eatigo is less risky?
Yes, eatigo discount is tied to timing rather than # of diners. So even if you book for 10 pax, end up 9 pax turn up also no prob. Same discount.

Yes, coz eatigo is just a booking. Even if last min you cannot go also nvm.
Whereas if you use chope voucher, you are stuck with the voucher if you dun go. Besides, vouchers come with all sorts of tnc, so i will always prefer eatigo if similar discount.
Old 23-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #6547

You can make the reservation via the chope website first (indicate you using chope vouchers in the remarks), then buy the chope vouchers.

Yes, eatigo discount is tied to timing rather than # of diners. So even if you book for 10 pax, end up 9 pax turn up also no prob. Same discount.

Yes, coz eatigo is just a booking. Even if last min you cannot go also nvm.
Whereas if you use chope voucher, you are stuck with the voucher if you dun go. Besides, vouchers come with all sorts of tnc, so i will always prefer eatigo if similar discount.
Thank you for prompt reply.
I understand I can cancel booking of eatigo before the time slot start. Any penalty if come late or no show?

Last edited by vddgnd; 23-01-2019 at 03:41 PM..
Old 23-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #6548

Booked dinner at Skirt Sentosa for 3 pax using Eatigo. Last minute, another friend wanted to join. Skirt refused to give us the discount because 4 of us turn up instead 3
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #6549

Thank you for prompt reply.
I understand I can cancel booking of eatigo before the time slot start. Any penalty if come late or no show?
Based in eatigo terms and condition for Singapore, the host must honor your reservation and discount 15 mins before and after your reservation time. Any timing beyond that is at their discretion. For the number of pax, there can be no changes unless the host agrees. I have been told by a few restaurants that they will not entertain last minute in person additions at promo prices. Also when one or two did not show up, some restaurants refused to honor the discount for the remaining attendees. In all such cases, you can call them inflexible but they are not wrong. Some restaurants are more forgiving than others.

For no show, 3 strikes and Eatigo will ban your account. This is fair.

Last edited by striker22; 23-01-2019 at 05:17 PM..
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #6550

Based in eatigo terms and condition for Singapore, the host must honor your reservation and discount 15 mins before and after your reservation time. Any timing beyond that is at their discretion. For the number of pax, there can be no changes unless the host agrees. I have been told by a few restaurants that they will not entertain last minute in person additions at promo prices. Also when one or two did not show up, some restaurants refused to honor the discount for the remaining attendees. In all such cases, you can call them inflexible but they are not wrong. Some restaurants are more forgiving than others.

Thanks for reply.
The timing choices has big gap. For example 5:30pm and next is 8pm.
Lets say after work, only manage to reach there around 6:15pm. It is more than 15 minutes late for 5:30pm and too early from 8pm. So if book either one also not right. And if it become unable to get the booked discount rate because of more than 15 minutes late, we will either continues with lesser discounted price or become no show.
Old 23-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #6551
Arch-Supremacy Member

Based in eatigo terms and condition for Singapore, the host must honor y ... call them inflexible but they are not wrong. Some restaurants are more forgiving than others.

Booked dinner at Skirt Sentosa for 3 pax using Eatigo. Last minute, another friend wanted to join. Skirt refused to give us the discount because 4 of us turn up instead 3
Wah, will take note then. I will normally amend my reservation. I more scared they might not have table, esp if 2 become 3, or 4 become 5. Only 2-3 times i end up with more or less pax n luckily those times no issue.

Thanks for reply.
Lets say after work, only manage to reach there around 6:15pm. It is more than 15 minutes late for 5:30pm and too early from 8pm. So if book either one also not right. And if it become unable to get the booked discount rate because of more than 15 minutes late, we will either continues with lesser discounted price or become no show.
Then you can either try to get someone to come in earlier for the 5.30pm slot or call the restaurant to notify them n see if they can extend the timing? Never ask never know
Old 23-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #6552
Arch-Supremacy Member

@ techizen n striker22, you guys interested to join for lunch on Sun 10 Feb @ Escape? Having a toss yusheng session w some regulars. Abt $36 nett iirc.
Old 23-01-2019, 09:39 PM   #6553

Toons. Can I let u know again by end of the month? Thanks.
striker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #6554
Master Member

Thanks for reply.
The point of Eatigo is to help most of these places on their off peak sales. Based on past experience, if the place you booked is popular, most likely they will reject you as they already have their own peak hour crowd (paying full price) which they want to cater to. If it is an ulu unpopular place, I did try to wait for my friend for 45 mins after the booking time but you need someone to be there within 15 mins of booking. But most often the food they serve are so so which is why it is not popular.
delson_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #6555

@ techizen n striker22, you guys interested to join for lunch on Sun 10 Feb @ Escape? Having a toss yusheng session w some regulars. Abt $36 nett iirc.
Sounds good but I already have another lunch appointment. Enjoy your lunch. Huat Ah!!
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.