HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree733Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #6796

Went last week. Both are still there but the lamb chop don't look appealing

Better call and ask whether lamb chops and sotong available a not before going. Maybe the menu changes.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Old 11-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #6797

Hmm i think ok leh. So overall the food ok ?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #6798
High Supremacy Member

Went food capital recently. Variety is not alot but whacked the oysters. They are decent though. Personally, their cakes are nice; savoury food is average only.
I just went azur on Sat.
Regretted it.
Still think that a trip to food capital will be much better.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #6799

Overall satisfied. I felt the otar is good. Sashimi also above average compared to other buffets.

Hmm i think ok leh. So overall the food ok ?

Old 12-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #6800
Master Member

I just went azur on Sat.
Regretted it.
Still think that a trip to food capital will be much better.
Is the spread at Azur really that bad?

Was thinking of going for their crab buffet over NDP period, looks like I might have to reconsider.
AndreFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #6801

Anyone tried steak buffet at the armoury? How is it?
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #6802
Supremacy Member

Anyone tried steak buffet at the armoury? How is it?
heard ppl say the quality of meat not good and serve you slow but dunno true or not
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 09:18 PM   #6803

Oh I just tried it tonight. For 30nett, it's pretty decent. Everything on their menu is nett price so they are already in my "good book". Sure steaks are not the best but you get em hot and fresh off the Grill on your preferred doneness.

Sides were a tad disappointing but I'm there for the steaks and at that price, nothing to complain. Also their buffet starts at 5 ends at 9. I made a reservation there at 6 and if was quite empty. Basically be there around 6 for the food to arrive fast. When we were leaving which is around 7.45, it was 80% full and they no longer accept walk-ins cause reservation.
Old 15-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #6804
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh I just tried it tonight. For 30nett, it's pretty decent. Everything on their menu is nett price so they are already in my "good book". Sure steaks are not the best but you get em hot and fresh off the Grill on your preferred doneness.

Sides were a tad disappointing but I'm there for the steaks and at that price, nothing to complain. Also their buffet starts at 5 ends at 9. I made a reservation there at 6 and if was quite empty. Basically be there around 6 for the food to arrive fast. When we were leaving which is around 7.45, it was 80% full and they no longer accept walk-ins cause reservation.
Serving speed? i also read that they are really really slow?

How many steaks did you order in total? Do they like start chu pattern after the 2nd steak or something?
Old 15-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #6805
Master Member

Just went to Lobsterfest at Lime Restaurant. First and last time for me. Think the lobsters are frozen and overcooked. Spent a lot of time queuing for them too. Roti John lobster was my favourite. Though I can't tell if there's lobster in there, the flavour was quite nice.

There's other food but variety quite little. I tried some of the desserts and it was not bad. There is complimentary parking which helped me save $15.
delson_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 12:22 AM   #6806

Ordered 8 streaks, 2 ribs, 2 sausages, satay, Manton and nacho chips.

Came decently quick as it's cooked on the spot. Although each time I order 2 steaks at a time.
Toons likes this.
Old 16-06-2019, 12:54 AM   #6807

Just went to Lobsterfest at Lime Restaurant. First and last time for me. Think the lobsters are frozen and overcooked. Spent a lot of time queuing for them too. Roti John lobster was my favourite. Though I can't tell if there's lobster in there, the flavour was quite nice.

There's other food but variety quite little. I tried some of the desserts and it was not bad. There is complimentary parking which helped me save $15.
Heard from people who work there the lobster all come cooked one leh which means its frozen. So you should know the standard where.

Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #6808

So it is not worth the $100?

Old 17-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #6809
Supremacy Member

So it is not worth the $100?
Why u want pay $100 to eat frozen lobster?

There is a big difference in taste between fresh and frozen lobster. And of cos in price too.
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #6810

Totally agree - fresh and frozen is worlds apart

Why u want pay $100 to eat frozen lobster?

There is a big difference in taste between fresh and frozen lobster. And of cos in price too.
jamietehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.