HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree757Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #7021
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone interested to join us for chinese ala carte buffet dinner @ Peach Garden, Miramar Hotel? Already got 4 pax, looking for more so tat we can try more dishes

Menu - https://www.peachgarden.com.sg/wp-co...0190911_085216

Chinese Ala Carte Buffet
Date - Fri 20 Sep
Time - 645pm
Venue - Peach Garden, Miramar Hotel
Price - $30.60 nett (some misc charges might apply)
Toons, do u still need headcount? Can I join? Do I pm u my contact?

Sent from Pluto using GAGT
Roughly 7pm.
Okay, then fix @ 7pm.

@handsomeguy - your pm is full. can pm me your contact? I msg you via watsapp.

Currently got 6 pax liao. Anyone else keen? Hope to form a bigger table so can try more dishes!

Last edited by Toons; 16-09-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:15 PM   #7022
Supremacy Member

Okay, then fix @ 7pm.

@handsomeguy - your pm is full. can pm me your contact? I msg you via watsapp.

Currently got 6 pax liao. Anyone else keen? Hope to form a bigger table so can try more dishes!
Maybe another 2 more will be good.
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #7023
High Supremacy Member

Maybe another 2 more will be good.
Ya lor - so far got 7
Old 18-09-2019, 10:59 AM   #7024
High Supremacy Member

Cafe Mosaic is just awful

After a pretty decent makan at Cafe Mosaic at Carlton Hotel in August, I thought I bring my parents there for their birthday celebration last Sunday...

It was such a big mistake

The quality of the food and spread has plummeted drastically in that 1 month since I was there.

Firstly, no freshly shucked oysters cos they claimed the shipment was delayed by bad weather (from where?)

Then they replaced it with cold lobsters, which were not only over-cooked but very tasteless (my dad even said they taste funny)

The snow crab legs were equally terrible - the shell was like paper and the meat damn shriveled up inside

They used to have a teppanyaki grill there but they replaced it with fried carrot cake (seriously, I kid you not)

Previously when I went, they have a nice selection of cooked seafood dishes but this time around, they replaced them with mostly carb dishes

And for the roast section, they only had rib eye and it was so badly overcooked that hardly anyone wanted to eat it (can't be most folks were Buddhist right?)

Previously, they had both a beef roast as well as roast pork (which another diner here told me came from the Chinese restaurant upside)

Lastly, moving on to desserts - I am not a dessert person but I do have a soft spot for nonya kueks but nope, nothing of that this time. They only had sponge cakes in different guises

And to add salt to the wound, the price of the buffet after DBS 50% off is not cheap, yet they only allowed redemption of S$3 off the carpark bill of S$6
tomb likes this.

Last edited by carey; 18-09-2019 at 03:41 PM..
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:42 PM   #7025

After a pretty decent makan there in August, I thought I bring my parents there for their birthday celebration last Sunday...

The quality of the food and spread has plummeted drastically in that 1 month since I was there.

Firstly, no freshly shucked oysters cos they claimed the shipment was delayed by bad weather (from where?)

Then they replaced it with cold lobsters, which were not only over-cooked but very tasteless (my dad even said they taste funny)

The snow crab legs were equally terrible - the shell was like paper and the meat damn shriveled up inside

They used to have a teppanyaki grill there but they replaced it with fried carrot cake (seriously, I kid you not)

Previously when I went, they have a nice selection of cooked seafood dishes but this time around, they replaced them with mostly carb dishes

And for the roast section, they only had rib eye and it was so badly overcooked that hardly anyone wanted to eat it (can't be most folks were Buddhist right?)

Previously, they had both a beef roast as well as roast pork (which another diner here told me came from the Chinese restaurant upside)

Lastly, moving on to desserts - I am not a dessert person but I do have a soft spot for nonya kueks but nope, nothing of that this time. They only had sponge cakes in different guises

And to add salt to the wound, the price of the buffet after DBS 50% off is not cheap, yet they only allowed redemption of S$3 off the carpark bill of S$6
Which hotel ?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Spidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #7026

After a pretty decent makan there in August, I thought I bring my parents there for their birthday celebration last Sunday...

where is this
PM of Sinkieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #7027
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which hotel ?

where is this
Cafe mosaic @ carlton hotel
Old 18-09-2019, 01:12 PM   #7028

thanks will definitely avoid that place!
PM of Sinkieland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #7029
High Supremacy Member

Which hotel ?

where is this
Thanks Toon

I put the name big big in the title but nobody saw
Old 18-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #7030
Master Member

Thanks Toon

Is there a promotion 50% or 1for1?
CPTMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 08:23 AM   #7031

Thanks Toon

People using the GAGT mobile app would not be able to see each individual post's title.
tanchoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #7032
High Supremacy Member

People using the GAGT mobile app would not be able to see each individual post's title.
Ah, okay

Didn't know that cos I never used the app - learnt something new
Old 19-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #7033
High Supremacy Member

Is there a promotion 50% or 1for1?
50% off with DBS cards but even after that, not worth it siah

Nearly 60 - got many better places to go
Old 19-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #7034
High Supremacy Member

Anyway, recently saw a friend's FB post

He paid less than 60 for dinner at 333 and got both oysters and foie gras siah

Toons - should we arrange a makan there? Hahah
Old 19-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #7035

Can someone recce a not bad buffet with oysters for sunday dinner or lunch? Thanks!
minminmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.