HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #7141
Arch-Supremacy Member

@toons

I saw that you managed to get vouchers to clove at 48 nett for a Sat dinner buffet. Can you share where to get it from pls?

Many thanks in advance!
They were vouchers sold by Chope. Got them during a sale, so cheaper than the usual price. Let me know if you want a referral link

https://shop.chope.co/products/clove-50-off-buffet
Old 25-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #7142

I am looking for a Saturday night buffet with seafood options (best to have both lobster and crab, oyster is not a must)

So far after went through Chope and Eatigo promotions, these are the few that are within my budget:

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

Any advise on which is better? And also any additional recommendations?
dfsm0738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #7143

Any nice buffet recommendations with fresh oysters?
freshvibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 04:45 AM   #7144
Master Member

They were vouchers sold by Chope. Got them during a sale, so cheaper than the usual price. Let me know if you want a referral link

https://shop.chope.co/products/clove-50-off-buffet
Hi Toons, can refer me? Thanks.

Hope to get Clove at $48 again.
delson_tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 04:54 AM   #7145
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Toons, can refer me? Thanks.

Hope to get Clove at $48 again.
Early morning thinking of food?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 04:56 AM   #7146
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any alacarte buffet lunch to recommend abt $35 per pax for Sunday lunch?
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2019, 07:08 PM   #7147

I am looking for a Saturday night buffet with seafood options (best to have both lobster and crab, oyster is not a must)

So far after went through Chope and Eatigo promotions, these are the few that are within my budget:

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

Do not go to cafe 2000, terrible food, bbq station serves all burnt food. Please go for others.
Aresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 01:18 AM   #7148
Master Member

Came back from Edge.

Large variety of food, all pretty ok. The roast lamb was super tender and juicy.

Bad part is, there's a large crowd so food was depleted fast and they didn't replenish the same item, instead you got a different item. The salt crusted baked fish(forgot what fish) was gone in 2-3mins, then they brought out baked salmon but didn't change the food card so it still said salt crusted baked fish.

Same goes for the roast lamb on bone, but they brought out the normal roast lamb and it was still super tender and juicy.

Didn't try indian food, looked a bit too spicy for me. Deserts was great.

Crab was bad, rubbery texture. I didn't try the cooked ones but my mom and sis didn't like them either.

The live roast theatre(Edge calls their stations "theatres"), was bad. I asked for pork and lamb, they served it to my table and wooooo it was bad. Pork was tough, lamb was undercooked? The tendon or cartilage, whatever it is, I had so much trouble cutting it the server brought me a steak knife and even then, the meat was soft but extremely resilient and chewy if that made sense.

To their credit, that station was overwhelmed with orders so maybe they had to rush everything out but it was bad...

I really liked the seafood goulash, the lamb, the deserts, satay. Overall it wasn't bad, ambience was nice because we sat by the window and it started raining heavily with thunder, so it was cool.

Gonna start booking for Colony, maybe Christmas period.
tomb likes this.
Old 28-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #7149

Came back from Edge.

Large variety of food, all pretty ok. The roast lamb was super tender and juicy.

Bad part is, there's a large crowd so food was depleted fast and they didn't replenish the same item, instead you got a different item. The salt crusted baked fish(forgot what fish) was gone in 2-3mins, then they brought out baked salmon but didn't change the food card so it still said salt crusted baked fish.

Same goes for the roast lamb on bone, but they brought out the normal roast lamb and it was still super tender and juicy.

Didn't try indian food, looked a bit too spicy for me. Deserts was great.

Crab was bad, rubbery texture. I didn't try the cooked ones but my mom and sis didn't like them either.

The live roast theatre(Edge calls their stations "theatres"), was bad. I asked for pork and lamb, they served it to my table and wooooo it was bad. Pork was tough, lamb was undercooked? The tendon or cartilage, whatever it is, I had so much trouble cutting it the server brought me a steak knife and even then, the meat was soft but extremely resilient and chewy if that made sense.

To their credit, that station was overwhelmed with orders so maybe they had to rush everything out but it was bad...

I really liked the seafood goulash, the lamb, the deserts, satay. Overall it wasn't bad, ambience was nice because we sat by the window and it started raining heavily with thunder, so it was cool.

Gonna start booking for Colony, maybe Christmas period.
What's the price? Any promo?
transparos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 12:43 AM   #7150
Master Member

88 excluding service and gst

Total was 310 for 3 people
SyraLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #7151

Do not go to cafe 2000, terrible food, bbq station serves all burnt food. Please go for others.
End up I went to book Carousel. Hope it's worth the price
dfsm0738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #7152
High Supremacy Member

Hi Toons, was there foie gras at Clove when you went for the weekend dinner?

Old 29-10-2019, 10:23 AM   #7153
High Supremacy Member

Peach Garden?

Lai Huat?

Ban Heng (not recommended)
Old 29-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #7154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Peony Jade, Tungluk or Peach Garden @ Miramar? For me, the std all abt the same, but peach garden has unlimited fried soon hock and is slightly cheaper.

Yea, their bbq have to order at the start or end when there are less orders. Else the bbq tends to be burnt

1 good thing abt cafe 2k is their chef will re grill the carving before serving it to you. So their carving is served hot, unlike most other places. You can also request for it to be more well done. Actually other places also can ask the chef to grill or cook the carving/seafood. Normally they will accomodate your request, just tat cafe 2k auto offer
Old 29-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #7155
Arch-Supremacy Member

1) Clove
2) Cafe 2000
3) Marriott Cafe
4) Seasonal Taste

My ranking :-

Seasonal Taste (lobster + crab, no oysters)
Marriott (lobster + crab on Fri n Sat dinner. No oysters)
Clove (lobster, crab + oyster on Fri n Sat dinner)
Cafe 2k (veri long never go liao, i think they have crab n oysters on fri/sat dinner)
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.