HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree671Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #61
Master Member

Err, they just use snow crab legs instead of Sri Lanka crabs for their chilli crab. Somehow, the combo just dun work as well as the good ole Sri lankan chilli crab. Anyways the dish is available all along, so it's not really a highlight imo.

You went recently? Donkey told me the wagyu beef n black pork not as good as before.
nope. i saw in their fb that time ha ha. they state until end june.
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #62

Err, they just use snow crab legs instead of Sri Lanka crabs for their chilli crab. Somehow, the combo just dun work as well as the good ole Sri lankan chilli crab. Anyways the dish is available all along, so it's not really a highlight imo.

You went recently? Donkey told me the wagyu beef n black pork not as good as before.
Just legs, no pincers?
zhegehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just legs, no pincers?
I remember its just legs. Even if got claws, its those small flat ones.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:17 PM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sigh, Kublai Khan ....

Lousy salmon n chilli crab from Kublai Khan

Lo mai kar!!! Prawn n scallops. So unfresh

Very small scallops

All these n more at $27 nett .... plus, a few variety of teas, hot chocolate, water, bandung, soft drinks (so little variety!!!!)

Sigh, too bad the voucher only until end of Jun. Else i wanna go back to verify again how bad they are
dennyz likes this.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #65
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone keen? On top of steamboat buffet, they serving snow crab legs, durian paste, laksa n salmon sashimi. Chef Choo is the former exec chef of Straits Cafe, Rendezvous Hotel. So hopefully, the durian paste will be abt the same std as tat of Straits Cafe

It will be a Mon to Thu weekday dinner, as restricted by the voucher, during the 1st or 2nd week of Jul. Will prolly start from 6.30pm onwards. Voucher price is $24.80 nett.

DEAL Exclusive! Celebrity Chef Fatty Choo’s Snow Crab + Steamboat Buffet from $16.80 Onwards – Feast on Snow Crabs + Salmon Sashimi + Tiger Prawns + Over 80 Exciting Range of Buffet Menu (4 Soup Broths to Choose From)

Last edited by Toons; 10-06-2014 at 09:07 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #66
Supremacy Member

Only if Momiji got the snow crab legs

Otherwise Kiseki is probably a better choice IMHO
I like Kiseki for its range too.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:39 AM   #67
Supremacy Member

Momiji ice cream is darn good!
It's just Häagen-Dazs, and I didn't like all the 4 flavors when I last went there.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:42 AM   #68
Supremacy Member

Sigh, Kublai Khan ....

Lousy salmon n chilli crab from Kublai Khan

All these n more at $27 nett .... plus, a few variety of teas, hot chocolate, water, bandung, soft drinks (so little variety!!!!)

Sigh, too bad the voucher only until end of Jun. Else i wanna go back to verify again how bad they are
Well, the place is realllllllly dilapidated. But if you go during 1-for-1 promo, then ok lor. The last time I went, the manager at the cashier even asked me how's the food. I don't even know how to reply him (since he was friendly and polite) - all that replayed in my mind was the many dirty plates that were placed among the clean plates.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #69
Arch-Supremacy Member

Well, the place is realllllllly dilapidated. But if you go during 1-for-1 promo, then ok lor. The last time I went, the manager at the cashier even asked me how's the food. I don't even know how to reply him (since he was friendly and polite) - all that replayed in my mind was the many dirty plates that were placed among the clean plates.
Yea, the place is a bit old. Abt the same as sakura clementi wood

You dun like their scallops, n chilli + black pepper crabs? Those 3 items are way better than those served at a lot of other hotel buffets wor. Eg, the scallops there, even if you cut them into halves, still bigger than those served at Edge , not to mention they've a hint of sweetness too. Bagus ... whack whack whack

Overall, I wouldn't say the buffet is good, but its definitely worth my $27. Dun mind going back there once in a while. Full price prolly not

The service there is good too. Used plates get cleared very promptly. Staff is friendly n helpful.

Hmmm, i did not see them mixing the used plates with the clean one, but some of the utensils are a bit worn out and stained. Maybe not so clean too, so we're more careful when taking the plates. So far, tummy okay

Last edited by Toons; 10-06-2014 at 09:48 AM..
Old 10-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #70
High Supremacy Member

You dun like their scallops, n chilli + black pepper crabs? Those 3 items are way better than those served at a lot of other hotel buffets wor. Eg, the scallops there, even if you cut them into halves, still bigger than those served at Edge , not to mention they've a hint of sweetness too. Bagus ... whack whack whack

Overall, I wouldn't say the buffet is good, but its definitely worth my $27. Dun mind going back there once in a while. Full price prolly not

The service there is good too. Used plates get cleared very promptly. Staff is friendly n helpful.

Hmmm, i did not see them mixing the used plates with the clean one, but some of the utensils are a bit worn out and stained. Maybe not so clean too, so we're more careful when taking the plates. So far, tummy okay
Well, you know how it is right?

Everything goes downhill after you tried
Old 10-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #71

hi. anyone tired holiday inn buffet? got deal at deal.com.sg

there is amara hotel element deal also but much more ex.
bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:49 PM   #72
Master Member

i went there as well!

but i didn't manage to get the crabs cos always out of stock. the sashimi have to go talk to the chef behind to get the salmon belly which is fresh enough for me.
i really like the prawns though, didn't expect it to be so fresh, the head part is damn shiokkkkk, haha....

the used plates were cleared much faster than my expectation.

and this place really bring back fond memories sia, i think it's the same deco as 20 years ago (no joke!)
Snokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:32 PM   #73
Arch-Supremacy Member

i went there as well!

but i didn't manage to get the crabs cos always out of stock. the sashimi have to go talk to the chef behind to get the salmon belly which is fresh enough for me.
i really like the prawns though, didn't expect it to be so fresh, the head part is damn shiokkkkk, haha....

the used plates were cleared much faster than my expectation.

and this place really bring back fond memories sia, i think it's the same deco as 20 years ago (no joke!)
Were you there last night as well? If yes, then the crabs stock out ...

Yea, the chef manning the sashimi counter quite nice. The salmon belly sashimi is okay lar. Can taste the fattiness, but tad soft.

Yea, the decor looked really dated. I'm not surprised if they did not change it for over 20 yrs. In fact, the people too? Dennyz told me the chef doing the grilling is the same one from 20+ yrs back. He remembered the chef's face from the late night TV ads from he used to watch as a kid

Last edited by Toons; 10-06-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #74
Supremacy Member

Personally I don't mind any buffet lor... I just want to see variety and ambience. I don't eat buffets that often so I like to try new places each time. I am only particular when I am bringing my parents out... for me myself, I am not so particular.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:09 AM   #75
Great Supremacy Member

wa the KK buffet still got promo boh? 2 yrs back go liao bo go liao
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.