HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree724Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #751
Master Member

Mon really not a good day to dine out if you like porkie. Marriott can actually run out of their pork saddle ... chef said those yaoguis ate them all up on Sun ... makes sense since its their last day out afterall

Even xiao jiang nan's Xiao long bao pork fillings also not as good on Mon.

Btw, no special again ... pasta sauce I mean ;p ... 3rd chef I asked liao. However he pan fried some garlic, then add the tomato sauce n lastly chilli flakes. Also nice, esp with the Crayfish.
Pork saddle from BUFFET can run out? Lol.it would be acceptable if they replace with something equivalent or of a better grade. If just quietly remove without a replacement, then this buffet line should be prepared to be blast. Im okay spending $70 for a sunday lunch but to see them remove due to out of stock is totally uncalled for.

Try asking for mix sauce. I usually have that with the black squid ink spaghetti. Very tasty.
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #752
Master Member

got any buffet other than 1 market which is about 25 dollars? tia
A decent / acceptable buffet cost around $30-$40. Buffet town is one of those.

Anything below that, you may want to rethink before you happily queue for it. UNLESS it is korean bbq.

Seoul garden, and those buffet steamboat near bugis may be within the budget range of yours bro. But i would strongly urge you to up your budget abit for more quality and taste assurance.
Old 25-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #753

A decent / acceptable buffet cost around $30-$40. Buffet town is one of those.

Anything below that, you may want to rethink before you happily queue for it. UNLESS it is korean bbq.

Seoul garden, and those buffet steamboat near bugis may be within the budget range of yours bro. But i would strongly urge you to up your budget abit for more quality and taste assurance.
seoul gardern tried before. dun like. thanks for the advice bro. I go makan thread and ask got which good restaurant under $20. if still no go then just go old airport road hawker......
newstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #754
Master Member

seoul gardern tried before. dun like. thanks for the advice bro. I go makan thread and ask got which good restaurant under $20. if still no go then just go old airport road hawker......
Seoul garden cmi bro.
Usually if i were to eat buffet, marriot, greenhouse, the line would be the usual.why? Prices are reasonable and justifiable with quality.

Last edited by richey; 25-08-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Old 25-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #755
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pork saddle from BUFFET can run out? Lol.it would be acceptable if they replace with something equivalent or of a better grade. If just quietly remove without a replacement, then this buffet line should be prepared to be blast. Im okay spending $70 for a sunday lunch but to see them remove due to out of stock is totally uncalled for.

Try asking for mix sauce. I usually have that with the black squid ink spaghetti. Very tasty.
Mon no fresh pork supply. Anyways, i only eat a bit of the crispy skin n fats nia. Find the meat portion too dry n tough. So i dun really mind tat its not available ... but must still voice out to the chef They replaced it with baked salmon. Funny thing is, they have pan fried salmon as 1 of their hot dish too. Of cos i also pointed tat out to the chef

K, i try again. Maybe 4th time lucky. Hmmm, come to tink of it, today also dun have squid ink pasta. Gena sai

got any buffet other than 1 market which is about 25 dollars? tia
Errr, 1 market for weekday lunch above > $25 wor. Low 30s iirc. Dinner will be way above 30 liao.

Square@Furama? Tat one lunch around $30 after 1 for 1 promo. Dinner abt mid 30s.

Zenden around $25 after 1 for 1. Small spread though, but i still find it quite okay for the price.

Last edited by Toons; 25-08-2014 at 09:07 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #756
Master Member

Bro let me know if you have any feedbacks. Will bring it to executive chef during my next visit.

Mon no fresh pork supply. Anyways, i only eat a bit of the crispy skin n fats nia. Find the meat portion too dry n tough. So i dun really mind tat its not available ... but must still voice out to the chef They replaced it with baked salmon. Funny thing is, they have pan fried salmon as 1 of their hot dish too. Of cos i also pointed tat out to the chef

K, i try again. Maybe 4th time lucky. Hmmm, come to tink of it, today also dun have squid ink pasta. Gena sai

Errr, 1 market for weekday lunch above > $25 wor. Low 30s iirc. Dinner will be way above 30 liao.

Square@Furama? Tat one lunch around $30 after 1 for 1 promo. Dinner abt mid 30s.

Zenden around $25 after 1 for 1. Small spread though, but i still find it quite okay for the price.
Old 25-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #757

Anyone going to Ritz Carlton Greenhouse F1 countdown buffet? Just found Mod's previous post on this:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...a-4530252.html
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #758
High Supremacy Member

Got so fierce or not........

Err, let me recall, he basically ate a ton of stuff, then polished off a whole tray of prawns or issit 2 trays? Proclaimed tat he is finally 'full', then came back with another plate full of food ...
I also recall having the boss of SSK (CSM lookalike) personally come to our table to see for himself how much food PPP was demolishing...hahah

The boss see liao, shake head and walk off
Old 25-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #759
High Supremacy Member

Saw it run out of pork saddle before - replaced it with a roast chicken

Yup, that's how bad it was
Old 25-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #760
High Supremacy Member

Ala Carte Buffet Dinner @ Peach Garden Miramar
Date :- Thu 03 Sep
Time :- 6.30pm
Price :- 30.80++ (iirc ) with 4 pay 3 promo, so abt $31 nett

Participants
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. jgyy
4. jt (TBC)/carey (TBC)/
*Due to 4 pay 3 promo, the outing is only confirmed if we hit 8 pax, or just nice got 4 pax*
Tue and Thu I can't

Mon and Wed are best for me...hahah
Old 25-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #761
Master Member

Open for booking liao? Most likely will go for a few weeks for dinner, gathering etc

Anyone going to Ritz Carlton Greenhouse F1 countdown buffet? Just found Mod's previous post on this:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ea...a-4530252.html
Old 25-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #762
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dun say bo jiao ...

Dining Treats | The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

GREENHOUSE

For some respite from the heat and heart-thumping adrenaline of the Singapore Grand Prix, make a pit stop at Greenhouse to enjoy an extensive international buffet featuring crustaceans on ice, roast carvings, local delights, cheeses and desserts.

Buffet Lunch
Available from September 15 to 20, 2014
12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

From SGD 72 per adult
From SGD 36 per child (six to 12 years of age)

Buffet Dinner
Available from September 15 to 21, 2014
6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

From SGD 88 per adult
From SGD 44 per child (six to 12 years of age)

Enhance your meal with an unlimited beverage package for an additional SGD 50 which includes unlimited sparkling wines, house pour red/white wines, draft beer, chilled juices and soft drinks.

Be rewarded with greater savings when you book either the buffet lunch or dinner early, with our “Countdown to the Singapore Night Race”.

Five or more days advance booking – Enjoy 50% savings
4 days advance booking - Enjoy 40% savings
3 days advance booking - Enjoy 30% savings
2 days advance booking - Enjoy 20% savings
1 day advance booking - Enjoy 10% savings

For reservations, please call (65) 6434-5288
Old 25-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #763
Master Member

Bro toons, got outing? Im interested.
Best make it 20th 630pm if can. Saturday night

Dun say bo jiao ...

Dining Treats | The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

GREENHOUSE

For some respite from the heat and heart-thumping adrenaline of the Singapore Grand Prix, make a pit stop at Greenhouse to enjoy an extensive international buffet featuring crustaceans on ice, roast carvings, local delights, cheeses and desserts.

Buffet Lunch
Available from September 15 to 20, 2014
12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.

From SGD 72 per adult
From SGD 36 per child (six to 12 years of age)

Buffet Dinner
Available from September 15 to 21, 2014
6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

From SGD 88 per adult
From SGD 44 per child (six to 12 years of age)

Enhance your meal with an unlimited beverage package for an additional SGD 50 which includes unlimited sparkling wines, house pour red/white wines, draft beer, chilled juices and soft drinks.

Be rewarded with greater savings when you book either the buffet lunch or dinner early, with our “Countdown to the Singapore Night Race”.

Five or more days advance booking – Enjoy 50% savings
4 days advance booking - Enjoy 40% savings
3 days advance booking - Enjoy 30% savings
2 days advance booking - Enjoy 20% savings
1 day advance booking - Enjoy 10% savings

For reservations, please call (65) 6434-5288

Last edited by richey; 25-08-2014 at 10:24 PM..
Old 25-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #764
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro toons, got outing? Im interested.
Best make it 20th 630pm if can. Saturday night
Heehee, reservations already made for Fri n Sat. I confirm which day liao then let you know. See menu how.
Old 25-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #765
Master Member

Booked for how many?

Heehee, reservations already made for Fri n Sat. I confirm which day liao then let you know. See menu how.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.