WFH still need take leave/MC?
see u got guts to sneak out or your coy wont check
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #7697
Arch-Supremacy Member

$19.90++ ala carte buffet @ Square Furama Riverfront

https://www.furama.com/riverfront/pr...at-All-You-Can

Menu - https://gofile.io/d/Wrz818

Warning - Food is mostly mediocre except for the laksa which is decent. The grilled items machiam like lucky draw, some nicely cooked, some too cooked

For 19.90++ w beef, lamb n salmon sashimi etc, can't complain value wise, but whether you enjoy the meal taste wise is another matter

If you still wanna try, just some things to take note of. They will serve you a 'complimentary' dish of steamed dory in soy sauce. Quite a large portion of 3-4 fillets. Once served, even if you immediately decline it, they said they will throw it away as they cannot serve it to others. The soy sauce is okay, but the fish is just frozen dory fillet (yucks), so i suggest you tell them right at the start to skip the dish. The bbq stuff also comes w baked n mashed potatos. So same thing, just tell them in advance not to serve the potatos. Btw, the buffet comes w coffee n tea (coffee is quite robust!) n some juice too.

Last edited by Toons; 01-08-2020 at 09:32 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #7698
Arch-Supremacy Member

Who is interested to eat yum cha dim sum buffet together?

Weekdays lunch so maybe must take leave or MC.
The yum cha dim sum buffet is not bad, but unfortunately only on weekdays.

Can consider this one too :-

https://shop.chope.co/collections/be...dim-sum-buffet

Menu - https://static.chope.co/uploads/2020...6527_66049.pdf

Friend tried n said its decent plus its available on weekends too.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #7699
Supremacy Member

Warning - Food is mostly mediocre except for the laksa which is decent. The grilled items machiam like lucky draw, some nicely cooked, some too cooked

For 19.90++ w beef, lamb n salmon sashimi etc, can't complain value wise, but whether you enjoy the meal taste wise is another matter

If you still wanna try, just some things to take note of. They will serve you a 'complimentary' dish of steamed dory in soy sauce. Quite a large portion of 3-4 fillets. Once served, even if you immediately decline it, they said they will throw it away as they cannot serve it to others. The soy sauce is okay, but the fish is just frozen dory fillet (yucks), so i suggest you tell them right at the start to skip the dish. The bbq stuff also comes w baked n mashed potatos. So same thing, just tell them in advance not to serve the potatos. Btw, the buffet comes w coffee n tea (coffee is quite robust!) n some juice too.
Actually, I also looking at this cos eatigo got 50% off then it will be $9.90++

Consider quite cheap but my expectation won't be high.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #7700
Supremacy Member

The yum cha dim sum buffet is not bad, but unfortunately only on weekdays.

Can consider this one too :-

https://shop.chope.co/collections/be...dim-sum-buffet

Menu - https://static.chope.co/uploads/2020...6527_66049.pdf

Friend tried n said its decent plus its available on weekends too.
This one the menu quite ok. Maybe can go try.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:01 AM   #7701
Arch-Supremacy Member

If i am not mistaken, the eatigo 50% time slots are for their ala carte menu n not the ala carte buffet. The ala carte buffet timing can only get 10% nia.

Btw, did you end up trying kiseki?

Last edited by Toons; 02-08-2020 at 11:46 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:44 AM   #7702

I was given a whole fish and not dory fillet and i must say the fish is good. (pic below taken after i finished half the fish and turn over to the other side)

only problem is the wait time, so better go on weekday

Gmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:52 AM   #7703
Master Member

This temporary right? I am looking forward to taking my own food. Faster

Yes. Restaurants doing buffets cannot lay out the food in the buffet line and let diners take themselves anymore. Now have to do ala carte style where diners will order and the food will be served to their table.

Of cos how individual restaurants comply will vary, eg, i recently went to this bbq/hotpot buffet. Previously, part of their spread is via menu and the rest is self service. They still retain the 'self service' food area, but now its no longer self service. You point wat you want and a staff will get the food for you. They removed the 'self service' part, but the food is still laid out. To be fair, there is no cooked food, they are all ingredients to be bbqed or dunked into the hotpot.
luckygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:15 AM   #7704
Master Member

The 50% timing does not coincide with their buffet timing

luckygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:26 PM   #7705
Honorary Member

Now take mc is 5 days leh

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Say headache la. Only respiratory then will 5 days
euko82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #7706
Supremacy Member

The selection looks legit. I dun mind to try. But where's the location. Like pretty ulu
It’s abit of a walk from Outram MRT, so best to grab from Outram MRT. It is quite ulu, inside industrial park but the price and selection compensates for it

Last edited by Successor.; 03-08-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Successor. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #7707
Arch-Supremacy Member

It’s abit of a walk from Outram MRT, so best to grab from Outram MRT. It is quite ulu, inside industrial park but the price and selection compensates for it
Hows the taste n waiting time? If have to wait 30 mins between orders also sian 1/2.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #7708
Supremacy Member

If i am not mistaken, the eatigo 50% time slots are for their ala carte menu n not the ala carte buffet. The ala carte buffet timing can only get 10% nia.

Btw, did you end up trying kiseki?
Yes I tried kiseki recently.

Variety is a lot but nth really stand out. But if you got limited budget and still want to try a variety then go. But dun compare it to those more expensive ala carte Jap buffet like Shin Minori etc.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:54 PM   #7709
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes I tried kiseki recently.

Variety is a lot but nth really stand out. But if you got limited budget and still want to try a variety then go. But dun compare it to those more expensive ala carte Jap buffet like Shin Minori etc.

You tried kiseki b4? For their ala carte buffet style, did the variety drop a lot compared to b4? Waiting time? TIA!
Old 03-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #7710
Supremacy Member

You tried kiseki b4? For their ala carte buffet style, did the variety drop a lot compared to b4? Waiting time? TIA!
Not many people there.

You key into the ipad. One time can only submit 8 items then they serve quite fast, not much waiting time.
Toons likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.