HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree790Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2020, 12:09 PM   #7801

Their Oysters are legit good though. My main gripe with Triple 3 is that for it's price, I find it's spread to be quite small.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #7802

Just called triple 3. Made a lunch for Nov. They said 1 for 1 only for lunch. Dinner not applicable. Dinnd promo is 2nd diner dine 50% off.

Anyway is it worth to pay $118++(Sun) over 88++(sat) for some additional seafood like oysters, lobster mantaiyi and the lobster claw?
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 03:49 PM   #7803
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just called triple 3. Made a lunch for Nov. They said 1 for 1 only for lunch. Dinner not applicable. Dinnd promo is 2nd diner dine 50% off.

Anyway is it worth to pay $118++(Sun) over 88++(sat) for some additional seafood like oysters, lobster mantaiyi and the lobster claw?
Dinner Buffet
Be blown away by everyday specials in our delectable international buffet spread! Click here to find out more and here to view our menus.

Daily: $118++ per adult; $48++ per child (6–12 yrs)
Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner* for adults when payment is made using a DBS/POSB credit or debit card, and 50% off second adult diner when payment is made using a UOB credit or debit card.

*Offer is only valid for the first 30 guests per day starting 1 October 2020. Subsequent diners will be accord 50% off second adult diner.

http://www.meritushotels.com/en/mand...ple-three.html
Old 22-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #7804

In other words to enjoy dinner 1 for 1, i need to be the first 30 guests correct?

Dinner Buffet
Be blown away by everyday specials in our delectable international buffet spread! Click here to find out more and here to view our menus.

Daily: $118++ per adult; $48++ per child (6–12 yrs)
Enjoy 1-for-1 dinner* for adults when payment is made using a DBS/POSB credit or debit card, and 50% off second adult diner when payment is made using a UOB credit or debit card.

*Offer is only valid for the first 30 guests per day starting 1 October 2020. Subsequent diners will be accord 50% off second adult diner.

http://www.meritushotels.com/en/mand...ple-three.html
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #7805
Arch-Supremacy Member

In other words to enjoy dinner 1 for 1, i need to be the first 30 guests correct?
Yea, the first 30 to make reservation.

Personally, i dun think the sat lunch is worth it. I will pay the extra $30++ (ard $18 nett w 50% off?) for dinner or sunday brunch which comes the special themed items like 4grass, wagyu or lobster, plus oysters etc. The lobster is grilled lobster w torched mentaiko sauce. Pretty good. Although, i am hardcore carnivore so wagyu > lobster
Old 22-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #7806

To hijack what's shared, may I check with the seniors here, for First 30 per day for triple three, does that means we have to call on the day itself or I can make reservations in advance?

Are there any other good recommendation for 1 for 1 buffet? Saw rise, etc having credit card promotion too.

Pls share as I hardly had buffets. Thinking of giving my family a treat. They love seafood.

The last buffet I had was @ the edge. They had the 1 for 1 lunch. Went almost every week
3000kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #7807
Arch-Supremacy Member

To hijack what's shared, may I check with the seniors here, for First 30 per day for triple three, does that means we have to call on the day itself or I can make reservations in advance?

Are there any other good recommendation for 1 for 1 buffet? Saw rise, etc having credit card promotion too.

Pls share as I hardly had buffets. Thinking of giving my family a treat. They love seafood.
In advance.

Afaik, Rise SC promo is fully booked. Their lunch not much seafood too, just basic stuff like snow crab legs, mussels, clams n prawns. They have a seafood night but i'm not sure what seafood they have.
Old 25-09-2020, 11:52 PM   #7808
Supremacy Member

Went to the Penang place today at 6.45pm. They will give u a paper and you select the item you want. The portion will be bite size, very little one.

But service really lousy. First round comes already slow, some items you select they will miss. The satay until I fed up and tell them nv once serve us. Prawns overcooked, shell stick to meat.

Only thing good I think will be the desserts. No need cook so they serve quite fast.
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #7809
Arch-Supremacy Member

Went to the Penang place today at 6.45pm. They will give u a paper and you select the item you want. The portion will be bite size, very little one.

But service really lousy. First round comes already slow, some items you select they will miss. The satay until I fed up and tell them nv once serve us. Prawns overcooked, shell stick to meat.

Only thing good I think will be the desserts. No need cook so they serve quite fast.
Wat sounds bad service wise.

Hows the food taste wise? Any nice items? The fried durian balls?
Old 26-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #7810

Went for the HSBC 1 for 1 buffet at BEACH Road Kitchen. Courtesy and super blessings from Toons.

Food Quality :

Impeccable flavours. Certainly don't feel cheap. Spread was small but adequate. Highlights are the Truffle Pizza (hand made), Seafood Platter, Chilli crab Mantou and Salmon.

The crab was a 1 X whole crab. Not the chunks nor just a few random pieces. Very generous. Salmon was moist and cook to perfection. Pizza and seafood platter are within expectations and good. Fresh, fat and chewy.

Service :

I felt like I was in a business class cabin with stewards and stewardess checking in time to time. More important, their sharp attention to details. They cleared the plates immediately, and when the previous service staff cleared my utensils, and forgot to put back, the next minute another crew walked by, he immediately top it back without me asking.

Another instance was during the wait for lobster laksa. Taste was just alright. But it was a long wait. The staff who took my took initative to check and came back to inform me that they are aware and is still in the making.
3000kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #7811
Supremacy Member

Wat sounds bad service wise.

Hows the food taste wise? Any nice items? The fried durian balls?
Food taste so so. Maybe the chendol nice. Nv see fried durian ball on the menu.
Old 26-09-2020, 08:50 PM   #7812
Arch-Supremacy Member

Food taste so so. Maybe the chendol nice. Nv see fried durian ball on the menu.
Oh, i tot their ckt is good.

The review mentioned abt a fried durian dessert. Dun have ah?
Old 26-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #7813
Master Member

Any recommendations for seafood buffet? One with oysters, crab, etc.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT
lee-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 09:43 AM   #7814
Supremacy Member

Oh, i tot their ckt is good.

The review mentioned abt a fried durian dessert. Dun have ah?
Is good but won't say very outstanding.

Dun have fried durian on the menu.
Old 27-09-2020, 12:30 PM   #7815
Supremacy Member

Any recommendation on buffet with great selection and taste of Jap + seafood for birthday celebration for 2?
pcmdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.