HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree763Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #781

Do you have the menu list, or the reinstate lobster live action is a hearsay?
Yes, received the full F1 Buffet Dinner Menu today.

Western Live Station

Pan Fried Lobster with Clarified Herbs Butter

Under Western Hot Dish got Roasted Red Eye Loin
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #782
Master Member

The menu stated only Fri/Sat dinner have it but if the information Toons got is true then everyday also have it.
I see i see.
Well as usual, like most cafes *ahem....the EDGE....*, they love to mention logistics, seasonal catch, freshness as excuse to buy time and decide whether to put up their expensive seafood on the table.

For edge, it's the oyster. Cheat my feelings
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #783
Master Member

Yes, received the full F1 Buffet Dinner Menu today.

Western Live Station

Pan Fried Lobster with Clarified Herbs Butter

Under Western Hot Dish got Roasted Red Eye Loin
Nice!! Sounds yummy!!
Old 26-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #784

I see i see.
Well as usual, like most cafes *ahem....the EDGE....*, they love to mention logistics, seasonal catch, freshness as excuse to buy time and decide whether to put up their expensive seafood on the table.

To prevent diners from eating too much of the expensive stuffs. Want to give offer but the good stuffs came out one or two rounds then bo liao.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
twtan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #785
Arch-Supremacy Member

I see i see.

They should have it since its in the menu. Last yr, they confirmed upfront no lobsters n its not the menu too. However, its always subject to changes lor, but i dun think tat Ritz will purposely say got lobsters when they dun intend to serve it. Their service stds n commitment to excellence quite impressive wor, not to mention its not worth spoiling their reputation ... i hope

Last edited by Toons; 26-08-2014 at 12:13 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #786
Arch-Supremacy Member

The menu stated only Fri/Sat dinner have it but if the information Toons got is true then everyday also have it.
After the claymore fiasco, even if the menu got indicate, i also dun wanna say liao ... my poor fragile heart cannot take another disappointment ...
Old 26-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #787

They should have it since its in the menu. Last yr, they confirmed upfront no lobsters n its not the menu too. However, its always subject to changes lor, but i dun think tat Ritz will purposely say got lobsters when they dun intend to serve it. Their service stds n commitment to excellence quite impressive wor, not to mention its not worth spoiling their reputation.
I think got one time no scallops right? Someone reasoned with the manager that it's was on the menu.

Old 26-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #788

After the claymore fiasco, even if the menu got indicate, i also dun wanna say liao ... my poor fragile heart cannot take another disappointment ...
Yeah, I know. I going with many many many colleagues and families. We are not sitting together though so I can table hop.

Old 26-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #789

I thought for Claymore case, menu did not indicate but newbie person who took your call said have this and that?

Think better to trust the menu more than what the person on the other line said because many people, including the chef, would have gone through the menu thoroughly first before being finalized and printed.
Old 26-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #790
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wah, better post disclaimer incase someone say tat toons anyhow post got lobsters everyday

My whole post reads ...

Actually he said every night dinner also have, but fri n sat more likely. He also kept stressing its subject to changes, might be replaced by crayfish instead if not so fresh n due to logistic challenges, yada yada yada. Say until like tat, i also dunno how certain it is, so better dun say ... keep expectations low ... If have, its a bonus, if dun have, also will not be disappointed.

... it is precisely cos i am dubious of the veracity of his remarks tat i chose not to mention abt the lobsters.
Old 26-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #791
Arch-Supremacy Member

I thought for Claymore case, menu did not indicate but newbie person who took your call said have this and that?

Think better to trust the menu more than what the person on the other line said because many people, including the chef, would have gone through the menu thoroughly first before being finalized and printed.
Nope, it is indicated in the menu. Errr, considering the greenhouse menu can print red eye loin for like consecutive 2 yrs, you still have so much trust in menus?

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye .... lucky red eye is not a symptom of mad cow diease

Last edited by Toons; 26-08-2014 at 12:34 AM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 12:36 AM   #792

Nope, it is indicated in the menu. Errr, considering the greenhouse menu can print red eye loin for like consecutive 2 yrs, you still have so much trust in menus?

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye
Yes, cause Red Eye Loin means Loin with Red Eye gravy.
Old 26-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #793
Arch-Supremacy Member

Greenhouse wondering whos going
jgyy1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #794
Master Member

Thks toons for the lobang. Fast hand fast leg book 19 n 20th also liao. Wooohoo best bday dinner ever
-EnZo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #795
Master Member

Then again, maybe the menu is not wrong ... assuming the loin is from a cow with red eye .... lucky red eye is not a symptom of mad cow diease
Already slept while the discussion furthers. Just wokeup and read this. Kept me laughing for awhile while eating my loti. Lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.