HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree803Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2020, 10:00 AM   #8071

I actually prefer yum cha's teatime buffet. Weekdays only though but the price for the quality is damn worth it.
-Synchronicity- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #8072

Is 3 peacock at labrador really good?
micgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #8073
Greater Supremacy Member

Is 3 peacock at labrador really good?
if u like seafood and diy cooking then its worth..

if u hate diy cooking then probably not worth

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:19 AM   #8074

if u like seafood and diy cooking then its worth..

if u hate diy cooking then probably not worth
I went to their website. See like food ingredients are good. Brings me back to those memories in Thailand Bangkok. Alot of such concepts. Bbq big river prawns, oysters etc. Convert back to SGD around $18 if I'm not wrong. Ofc I went further out of talad neon as that area more expensive. I went to somewhere in between Bangkok City centre and Chinatown
Old 03-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #8075

I went to their website. See like food ingredients are good. Brings me back to those memories in Thailand Bangkok. Alot of such concepts. Bbq big river prawns, oysters etc. Convert back to SGD around $18 if I'm not wrong. Ofc I went further out of talad neon as that area more expensive. I went to somewhere in between Bangkok City centre and Chinatown
Yes, it is like the ones in Bangkok which I dearly miss. Their deal is better when they serve live tiger prawns like Bangkok's live freshwater prawns. I still prefer the latter. Talad Neon is very central, that is why the high price. The further from town the better it gets. There are a few good ones near Suvarnabhumi Airport. Can try Mungkorn the next time you go to Bangkok

https://www.facebook.com/mungkornseafood03/photos

With Covid halting travel to Bangkok, I'm contented with 3 Peacocks at the moment. New Thai Tanic used to be good but they are no longer around

https://singaporebeauty.com/new-thai-tanic-bbq-buffet/
techizen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #8076
Arch-Supremacy Member

With Covid halting travel to Bangkok, I'm contented with 3 Peacocks at the moment. New Thai Tanic used to be good but they are no longer around

Thai tanic was fun initially when you can catch the live prawns from the tanks beside your seats

3 peacocks is good ah? Did you try recently w the ala carte ordering format? Sometimes the food is good but the biz cannot adapt to the ala carte format well, so the experience suffers.

Last edited by Toons; 03-12-2020 at 01:10 PM..
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:00 PM   #8077

Thai tanic was fun initially when you can catch the live prawns from the tanks beside your seats

3 peacocks is good ah? Did you try recently w the ala carte ordering format? Sometimes the food is good but the biz cannot adapt to the ala carte format well, so the experience suffers.
For Thai Tanic, not just live prawns but nice plump tiger prawns. The tanks also have live cray fish and flower crabs. Those were the good old days. Then it went downhill. The tiger prawns were substituted with super hard to catch grey prawns that can jump all the way to other tables. Now, tanks are empty

3 Peacocks is not bad but did not try the ala carte one yet because busy eating other buffets
Old 03-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #8078
Supremacy Member

Very long nv go thai tanic.

Dunno now the standard got improve or not.
Handsome_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:33 PM   #8079

I thought someone mention already this titanic ship sank and non-exist already? .

Very long nv go thai tanic.

Dunno now the standard got improve or not.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:34 PM   #8080

Any reviews about 3 peacocks recently? ?
Old 04-12-2020, 05:15 AM   #8081

I thought someone mention already this titanic ship sank and non-exist already? .
New Thai Tanic BBQ @ Joo Chiat = Permanently Closed

New Thai Tanic Hotpot @ Bukit Pasoh = Still open but standard dropped a lot. Long aquarium tanks at dining tables that used to have live prawns, flower crabs and crayfish are now empty
Old 04-12-2020, 08:33 AM   #8082
Greater Supremacy Member

Yes, it is like the ones in Bangkok which I dearly miss. Their deal is better when they serve live tiger prawns like Bangkok's live freshwater prawns. I still prefer the latter. Talad Neon is very central, that is why the high price. The further from town the better it gets. There are a few good ones near Suvarnabhumi Airport. Can try Mungkorn the next time you go to Bangkok

https://www.facebook.com/mungkornseafood03/photos

cheaper or better quality ? got big difference.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #8083

cheaper or better quality ? got big difference.
Of course both. No point going to one that sacrifices one plus point for the other
Old 04-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #8084

New Thai Tanic BBQ @ Joo Chiat = Permanently Closed

New Thai Tanic Hotpot @ Bukit Pasoh = Still open but standard dropped a lot. Long aquarium tanks at dining tables that used to have live prawns, flower crabs and crayfish are now empty
Put empty tank for what? Fenghsui ah?
Old 04-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #8085
Arch-Supremacy Member

Put empty tank for what? Fenghsui ah?
At the start, they are doing the same concept as in BKK where you can fish live prawns from tanks right beside your table. Later they cut cost and the live prawns become dead ones So the tanks are emptied and rather spending more $ to remove them, they just left them empty.

Btw, i just glanced thru the recent reviews for 3 peacocks. Not tat good wor. Seems like they removed a no of items n have some difficulties coping w the ala carte format.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.