HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Like Tree724Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #106
Arch-Supremacy Member

@twtwan , @toons , @khalan,@natureview, @lengbebe, @mich and cat (food avengers), i would like to find out particularly for LUNCH, between 10@claymore / lime@pickering / aquamarine, which is more recommended? I have some guests coming in three batches in July and im thinking to zero-in on two of them.

Im drawn to aquamarine for its weekday lunch with the variety of crabs and lime for its oyster offering. Never been to 10@claymore but have learnt about them through this thread and keep hearing about them.So its tough to make a decision here.

*pricing for all are fine for me,so doesnt matter
*preferrably to have a good spread and good quality

Please advise
Not many places served oysters for lunch, so i'm surprised tat Lime does. But then, its spread is small, although 2 bros said the quality not bad.

Aquamarine's spread although decent in size, but the items not nice imo. Also, the last time i went, there was sashimi/oysters cos its some seafood theme. My understanding is that their usual lunch dun have much seafood one. However, do note that its abt 1+ yr since i went.

For 10@claymore's lunch, the POP is not the usual one served for dinner, but rather some local hawker fare iirc. I doubt they have lobsters n oysters for lunch too. Hot dishes quite limited, although i find tat their hot dishes are tastier than before.

So if you're looking for a weekday lunch buffet with big spread, n good quality n not concerned abt price, my only recommendation will be Carousel. The other 5 star hotel buffets like Melt n Greenhouse might be viable options too, but as i did not try their weekday lunch b4, i can't comment.
Old 14-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #107
Master Member

@twtwan , @toons , @khalan,@natureview, @lengbebe, @mich and cat (food avengers), i would like to find out particularly for LUNCH, between 10@claymore / lime@pickering / aquamarine, which is more recommended? I have some guests coming in three batches in July and im thinking to zero-in on two of them.

Im drawn to aquamarine for its weekday lunch with the variety of crabs and lime for its oyster offering. Never been to 10@claymore but have learnt about them through this thread and keep hearing about them.So its tough to make a decision here.

*pricing for all are fine for me,so doesnt matter
*preferrably to have a good spread and good quality

Please advise
10 @ claymore i only when for dinner. Food quality is good for me. Never went for lunch.

Aquamarine, never went for long time, so no comment and for Lime at Pickering we went in to take a look when it first opened and the food dishes were quite limited, so i not keen to try.

Your lunch is weekday or weekend?

kim su-han-mu ....
Kahlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #108
Master Member

Thanks for the inputs. Im going on weekday.
Im also going for marriot cafe lunch on weekend. A old friend buying me lunch for favour. Then asking me pick between triple three or marriot. Thought marriot has lesser crowd so picked that. Hope i picked the right one.

As for claymore,lime and aqu,its because i have some guests coming in. So thought of bringing them to those.

Based on the comments by you and toons, lime seems to have the smallest spread among all. Aqua vs claymore then. But on a side note, comparing edge and lime, is the difference really that huge?

Last edited by richey; 14-06-2014 at 11:28 PM..
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #109
Greater Supremacy Member

Olive tree is continental hotel one?

I like the roast beef
euko82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #110
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the inputs. Im going on weekday.
Im also going for marriot cafe lunch on weekend. A old friend buying me lunch for favour. Then asking me pick between triple three or marriot. Thought marriot has lesser crowd so picked that. Hope i picked the right one.

As for claymore,lime and aqu,its because i have some guests coming in. So thought of bringing them to those.

Based on the comments by you and toons, lime seems to have the smallest spread among all. Aqua vs claymore then. But on a side note, comparing edge and lime, is the difference really that huge?
Yw. Oh yea, i will pick lunch at Marriott > Edge (if $ not an issue).
I will also pick lunch at Edge > Lime/Claymore/Aquamarine. Actually Edge is not a bad choice if you want a big spread, but dun mind the lack of more 'premium items' like oysters or prevalence of more common place local fares like satays, chick rice, nasi lemak etc.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #111
Master Member

Yw. Oh yea, i will pick lunch at Marriott > Edge (if $ not an issue).
I will also pick lunch at Edge > Lime/Claymore/Aquamarine. Actually Edge is not a bad choice if you want a big spread, but dun mind the lack of more 'premium items' like oysters or prevalence of more common place local fares like satays, chick rice, nasi lemak etc.
Okay can help me with prioritizing? Actually for those who have tried them before,feel free to help me out too.

Lime , 10, aqua , triple three?

Eg 10〉lime〉aqu〉tt

Thanks
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 02:25 AM   #112
Master Member

Shalome, you wanna join us? Eat steamboat, more ppl merrier

If not, then let us know how you find it. Gum sia!
oh, sorry. i didnt remember you posted. cos i seldom go deals site now so i saw the deal i just posted without checking. i can't go any buffets till end august
can only aim vouchers that's valid till september at least.
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #113
Master Member

Asia Pacific's Best Integrated Resort; RWS Starz Restaurant, Hard Rock Hotel®: Only $26 Onwards For International Lunch/Hi-Tea/Dinner Buffet - Unlimited Alaskan King Crabs, Snow Crabs, Freshly Shucked Oysters, Tiger Prawns & Many More

if you do not have account, get $5 credit when you create account from here

piggy, you were looking for this.
by the way, conrad you didnt reply after that, so i believe you don't want already hor?
shalome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #114

Hi all

I have cash voucher for Oscar buffet @ Conrad hotel for sales. $70 for $100 value.

Left with 2 pieces. Let me know if you are keen. Valid till 7 July for use from Sun to Thurs.

Best to use on Amazing Graze lunch as it cost $80++, $94.20 after taxes.
Item sold.
pirates likes this.
junk_foodie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #115
Great Supremacy Member

How's the buffet spread at The Landmark in Village Hotel Bugis ?

$19 for International Lunch Buffet at The Landmark in Village Hotel Bugis (Worth $38). Dinner & Child Options Available.

Hotel International Buffet
Old 17-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #116
Arch-Supremacy Member

$19 for International Lunch Buffet at The Landmark in Village Hotel Bugis (Worth $38). Dinner & Child Options Available.

Aiyoh, the menu is in the link mah ....
Old 17-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #117

very limited variety, mostly indian food.. not considered international at all.. dessert section very very limited, some more got alot small flies.. not recommended..
zhegehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #118

anyone knows sakura@yio chu kang stadium VS sakura@dhoby ghaut green, which one better, in terms of spreads and desserts?
zhegehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #119
Supremacy Member

Aiyoh, the menu is in the link mah ....
I can probably only eat 3 things - fried chicken, butter chicken and steamed white rice.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F6wGK4k.jpg[/IMG]
wizzyslurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #120
Great Supremacy Member

going for marriott buffet on thurs. need to call to reserve?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.