www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The "Makan" Zone (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/makan-zone-117/)
-   -   Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/makan-zone-117/buffetlicious-all-you-can-eat-buffet-thread-part-6-a-4698041.html)

twtan14 03-06-2014 12:38 PM

Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

If you are keen in joining any of our makan session, scroll down to check out the current outings. Else, feel free to browse the pictures from the previous outings by clicking on the below link (in Red).

http://nimga.com/m/qnOYV.gif
Past Makan Sessions

Pictures posted here are gathered from various members who uploaded them to their own pictures hosting websites, so you may experience pictures not loading due to various reasons like bandwidth exceeded, or the files get deleted etc...

twtan14 03-06-2014 12:38 PM

July 2014

Kushi Japanese Dining Bar (Open)
Japanese Buffet Lunch

Date: 12th July 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 11.30am - 2.30pm
Price: S$44.90++ (Classic) or S$64.90++ (Premium)

Take note, there are 2 buffet prices here and if we differ from the choice the others made, we will be forced to sit at different tables since there will be no mixing. Example, Classic buffet will sit at one table and Premium in another table. Please indicate which buffet you will like to have below.

I will stop at a maximum of 8 persons based on first come first serve basis. If you decided to join the outing, please PM me your contact number.

Participants :-
1. twtan (Premium)
2. Beta_Tester (Premium)
3. duriand24 (Premium)
4. DEATHANGELX (Premium)

5. samba fan (Premium)
6. Clay Pot (Premium)
7. jgyy1990 (Premium)

Legend
- Newly added
Open - This outing is open for members to join.
Closed - Outing ended or number of participants reached.
Postponed - Waiting for a confirm date or a future outing.

hwzadmin 03-06-2014 12:38 PM

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here

BigMonkey 03-06-2014 12:39 PM

part 6 coming?

title become part 3

twtan14 03-06-2014 01:16 PM

Not sure why it became Part 3, anyway I changed it to reflect Part 6.

lohkinwah 03-06-2014 05:03 PM

Shall admit that i'm lazy to search through..

I'm looking for a weekend buffet dinner, around $50 per adult, all in. any recommendations? tried buffet town, still my choice for now. but wanna try others

thanks in advance

kurtgoh 03-06-2014 05:19 PM

same, looking for international buffet with serving of oysters, sashimi and crabs..

greatmole 03-06-2014 06:49 PM

Seafood Dinner Buffet @ Checkers Brasserie, Hilton Hotel 1 for 1 is what promo ?

OKCATYEON 03-06-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatmole (Post 86152515)
Seafood Dinner Buffet @ Checkers Brasserie, Hilton Hotel 1 for 1 is what promo ?

1 for 1 no more afaik

carey 03-06-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohkinwah (Post 86150117)
Shall admit that i'm lazy to search through..

I'm looking for a weekend buffet dinner, around $50 per adult, all in. any recommendations? tried buffet town, still my choice for now. but wanna try others

thanks in advance

Straits Cafe bah haha

wizzyslurpee 04-06-2014 03:38 PM

Straits Cafe doesn't even have a good spread... I like the ambience though.

Like lohkinwah above, I am still looking for a suitable place too... :(

lohkinwah 04-06-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizzyslurpee (Post 86171597)
Straits Cafe doesn't even have a good spread... I like the ambience though.

Like lohkinwah above, I am still looking for a suitable place too... :(

I was still planning to go to Straits Cafe. Always walked past in and beo the people eating happily. maybe I shall stick with Buffet town.

btw, anybody tried buffet CITY? at tanjong pagar cc. halal. no gst. if pay online, another 10% discount.

richey 04-06-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohkinwah (Post 86173698)
I was still planning to go to Straits Cafe. Always walked past in and beo the people eating happily. maybe I shall stick with Buffet town.

btw, anybody tried buffet CITY? at tanjong pagar cc. halal. no gst. if pay online, another 10% discount.

Food expert Leng be be and Kahlan advise not to try . 不是人吃的

wizzyslurpee 04-06-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohkinwah (Post 86173698)

Buffet town is even worse. I still don't get why people like it and why there is always quite a queue. Maybe the quality has returned... but when I last went there, it was horrible. I think it was Father's Day and the food spread was nonexistent. The counters and space were there but the food was invisible. You have to specifically request for the food to be made visible. The oysters were even worse - they gave them out like precious candies and it was impossible to get any (not an issue for me since I don't eat oysters). So, it's quite an objective review. Oh, the coffee was nice. :s8:

Then again, I have friends who love that place... :s22:

But yeah, try Straits Cafe. It's worth a try. Personally I don't mind revisiting it or most places... but when I bring my parents out, I try to give them a good spread so this place is out. (But alas, I have small pockets so finding places is always an issue :()

Erwinlow 04-06-2014 08:39 PM

Marriott, Triple Three or Lime for buffet lunch? Using UOB voucher to claim