HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #1501
Honorary Member

To be fair Kushi's buffet one the high side but i still think quite justify the cost for the food. My humble opinion. Im nt a fan of Sashimi, but i just eat song. But well at least they give better than most buffet place i tried.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 15-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #1502
High Supremacy Member

sorry i prefer pipping hot and with soup. come again tung-i ?? never heard or seen before. maybe later i try prime supermarket.
never heard b4?? it has been around for a long long time and in many supermarkets like NTUC... for a start u can try the chicken-abalone noodles:

i like koka..but hor, they put more salt than the usual maggie seasonings..
hmm.. do they?? but well koka is one of the first few to start off with no-msg ones... i think it took several years later then maggie oso come out with no-msg ones...

regards,
wacky
Old 15-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #1503
Greater Supremacy Member

wah~~

swordsman ur abvata so BIG n red ! wow !
you mean signature. my avatar is sword word. have you eaten your dinner.. raining heavily at jurong west and i have not eaten today.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 15-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #1504
Greater Supremacy Member

u mean Coca ar? That International Building and Taka that one?
i think is coca.. at taka or suntec. hehe. how was it ?

Old 15-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #1505
Honorary Member

for me its nice.

I pay for the price coz I like the place. Cleaner, nt so messy, better service, good location,air con and got ala carte stuff to order and I like the fish glue + chilli dip.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 15-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #1506
Greater Supremacy Member

for me its nice.

I pay for the price coz I like the place. Cleaner, nt so messy, better service, good location,air con and got ala carte stuff to order and I like the fish glue + chilli dip.
hmm what is the price ?

Old 15-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #1507
Greater Supremacy Member

never heard b4?? it has been around for a long long time and in many supermarkets like NTUC... for a start u can try the chicken-abalone noodles:

hmm.. do they?? but well koka is one of the first few to start off with no-msg ones... i think it took several years later then maggie oso come out with no-msg ones...

regards,
wacky
hmm thanks for the small picture. i will go source for it at prime. not sure they have it or not.

Old 15-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #1508
Honorary Member

i think 35++ u go see the website got..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 15-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #1509
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mr 'sashimi expert', at first I do empathize and agree with you that for $68++, there are many o ....... buffets, not connoisseurs who write reviews and get paid for it, thus are accountable to the readers. Don't like then don't follow. Peace out.
I agree with you piggy. When lonely hippo posted that Ikoi's sashimi is below avg, i also said that if his standards are so high, then he should stay away from buffets and instead stick to ala carte jap restaurants where you really get top grade premium sashimi and you pay for it.

Lonely hippo, If you are paying $68++ for 3 slices of toro, then you have grounds to complain, but you are not only paying for the toro, but also all the other items on the menu. It is more realistic for you to temper your expectations and standards inline with the price you pay.
Old 15-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #1510
Arch-Supremacy Member

for me its nice.

Yea, the fish glue is nice, and the chilli dip is SEDAP! I can dip everything in it. Yum yum.
Old 15-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #1511
Greater Supremacy Member

i think 35++ u go see the website got..
saw it.. hmmm pricey for steamboat.. crabs and prawns are fresh ?

Old 15-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #1512
Arch-Supremacy Member

i don't want to people give me a "funny" look. hehe. I not sure you encountered this before. i eat before alone at a restaurant before. waitress ask me "are you alone ? no friends joining you ?"

Yes. i'm refer to paulaner buffet.

can confirm which day you going ? i need to tell my dept i got important buffet dinner need to attend. Its going to be one hell of a mrt ride from bugis to sembawang..
Got funny look? Maybe i too engrossed in the food to notice, heehee. Anyways, i dun really care abt such things. I happy eating can liao. Me easily satisfied.

Hmmm, how abt next Thu 20 Jan? I also a long journey from Clementi.

The rose buffet is hi tea buffet. if focus on tea and some light stuff ? what are the main highlights ?
Yea, it will have to be desserts like Raven said. Its spread is definitely smaller than a full fledged lunch buffet, but it is wider than the usual high teas one like Espresso cos the inclusion of several main course type of dishes.

I dun usually use the flavouring powder, so does not really matter to me if got msg or no, but nowadays the so call healthier instant noodles are all steamed rather than deep fried or something? I think that this is more significant. In the past when i use to eat instant noodles, i usually soak the noodles in water first, discard the water before cooking the noodles. The water got a layer of oil ... yucks.
Old 15-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #1513
Greater Supremacy Member

Got funny look? Maybe i too engrossed in the food to notice, heehee. Anyways, i dun really care abt such things. I happy eating can liao. Me easily satisfied.

Hmmm, how abt next Thu 20 Jan? I also a long journey from Clementi.

Yea, it will have to be desserts like Raven said. Its spread is definitely smaller than a full fledged lunch buffet, but it is wider than the usual high teas one like Espresso cos the inclusion of several main course type of dishes.
can no problem.. so whos going . me u and samba ? we go for the no crab option ok ? desserts only. then i shall give it a skip. you guys enjoy.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #1514
Master Member

I agree with you piggy. When lonely hippo posted that Ikoi's sashimi is below avg, i also said that if his standards are so high, then he should stay away from buffets and instead stick to ala carte jap restaurants where you really get top grade premium sashimi and you pay for it.

Lonely hippo, If you are paying $68++ for 3 slices of toro, then you have grounds to complain, but you are not only paying for the toro, but also all the other items on the menu. It is more realistic for you to temper your expectations and standards inline with the price you pay.
Hi Toons,

You are right.

In order to get top grade sashimi, you have to pay for it.
In Kushi's case, i thought that since $68++ price range is considered one of the more expensive buffets around.
Price range comparable to The Line and cheaper then Mezza9.
Since the price range is above average, i expected it to be above average in freshness and quality.

However, not all ala carte jap restuarants serve good sashimi even if you pay top dollar for it.

Sad thing is, i only managed to narrow down to 2 places after many trial and error.

Last edited by Lonely_Hippo; 15-01-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Old 15-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #1515
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi Toons,

You are right.

In order to get top grade sashimi, you have to pay for it.
In Kushi's case, i thought that since $68++ price range is considered one of the more expensive buffets around.
Price range comparable to The Line and cheaper then Mezza9.
Since the price range is above average, i expected it to be above average in freshness and quality.

However, not all ala carte jap restuarants serve good sashimi even if you pay top dollar for it.

Sad thing is, i only managed to narrow down to 2 places after many trial and error.
Well, I feel that Kushi's sashimi is better than Line's and Mezza9. The thing is for buffets you are paying for the entire package and not really for specific items. You should have seen the sashimi we had at Greenhouse when we were there, and its supposed to be 1 of the better buffets around seafood wise.

Which are the 2 places which serves great sashimi and roughly how much? Can share? Maybe we can make a trip down to try them. Thanks.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.