HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #1741
Master Member

sorry i do not know. but the first picture at the website seems to have the divider.
tasty ?????
Swordsman: replied quote as above

LoL, you guys.. I never eat before~ I saw this deal so I posted here, found reviews online, pasted the links. Don't know the deal will extend or not also. most reviews seems ok though have a few negative.. but seems like no one here tried before too?

got fish maw wor。。。。
but then nowadays the tasty soup are use shark cartilridges (bones pardon my spelling) to cook de。。
oo, I didn't know that. Usually i thought the most common but still tasty ones are still using chicken soup.. Have not come across shark's cartilage/bones to brew (ao).. special~ Where serves such soup base?

Bluebell got other recommendations too, i think Swordsman said Missumuch too. but this liangcourt should be airconditioned right? Anyway I haven't been to liangcourt for years.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.

Last edited by shalome; 18-01-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 18-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1742
Arch-Supremacy Member

Australian Fare Buffet @
Amara Singapore - Element Restaurant

• 1 dines free with every 2 paying adults for buffet dinner (Sun to Thu)
• 1 dines free with every 3 paying adults for buffet dinner (Fri to Sat)
• Complimentary one glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay

Australia Day Menu Highlights:

Stir-Fried Australian Ostrich, grilled lobster (1 order), Herbal Soup with Braised Crocodile Meat, Fish Pie, Roast Australian Prime Rib, Peach Pie and Apple Pancake

S$43.80++ (Adult)

• *Valid till 31 Jan 2011

Called and checked. The only item which is 1 order is the grilled lobster. The rest, eg, the ostrich, crocodile, are unlimited.

If we cannot get 3 persons, then there is still a 10% discount instead of the '3 pay 2', which works out to be $46.40 nett.

If we can get 3 pax, then we can get the 3 pay 2 promo, which works out to be $34.40 nett, plus we each get a glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay. Very value for $ for a hotel buffet dinner!

So anyone keen on this? Will be a dinner before 31 Jan.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #1743
Greater Supremacy Member

Swordsman: replied quote as above

LoL, you guys.. I never eat before~ I saw this deal so I posted here, found reviews online, pasted the links. Don't know the deal will extend or not also.

oo, I didn't know that. Usually i thought the most common but still tasty ones are still using chicken soup.. Have not come across shark's cartilage/bones to brew (ao).. special~ Where serves such soup base?

Bluebell got other recommendations too, i think Swordsman said Missumuch too. but this liangcourt should be airconditioned right? Anyway I haven't been to liangcourt for years.
if no aircon, i need to bring 3 towels for steamboat buffet.. Attire: singlets and shorts..

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 18-01-2011, 10:02 AM   #1744
Greater Supremacy Member

Australian Fare Buffet @

1 dines free with every 2 paying adults for buffet dinner (Sun to Thu)
1 dines free with every 3 paying adults for buffet dinner (Fri to Sat)
Complimentary one glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay

Stir-Fried Australian Ostrich (as featured), Herbal Soup with Braised Crocodile Meat, Fish Pie, Roast Australian Prime Rib, Peach Pie and Apple Pancake

S$43.80++ (Adult)

*Valid till 31 Jan 2011

Called and checked. The only item which is 1 order is the grilled lobster. The rest, eg, the ostrich, crocodile, are unlimited.

If we cannot get 3 persons, then there is still a 10% discount instead of the '3 pay 2', which works out to be $46.40 nett.

If we can get 3 pax, then we can get the 3 pay 2 promo, which works out to be $34.40 nett, plus we each get a glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay.

this buffet is more ang moh style. never eaten ostrich and crocodile meat. I wonder how does it taste.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 18-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #1745
Arch-Supremacy Member

this buffet is more ang moh style. never eaten ostrich and crocodile meat. I wonder how does it taste.
Dun wonder, go try for yourself Its not too exp wor. In fact, if we can get 3 pax, i think its cheap. This is Amara hotel after all, not kokoro type of eatery.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #1746

Dun wonder, go try for yourself Its not too exp wor. In fact, if we can get 3 pax, i think its cheap. This is Amara hotel after all, not kokoro type of eatery.
This is Beta's usual haunt. I assumed there are more dishes than just those right?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 18-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #1747
Master Member

tried ostrich meat in JB, my friend commented like beef taste, I tried one small slice and felt that the taste a bit wild and more iron-y. a bit like pork liver type.. can't remember much. usually those taste not very good to my liking i won't remember too well.

if no aircon, i need to bring 3 towels for steamboat buffet.. Attire: singlets and shorts..
i think some bugis places mostly no air-con? and their places very squeezy. not sure too, ate 5 different places there 3 with aircon 2 without.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #1748
Arch-Supremacy Member

but seems like you guys not that interested.
Supper I can. Only can reach about 10.30pm leh.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #1749
Great Supremacy Member

steamboat ala carte ??????
Old 18-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #1750
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is Beta's usual haunt. I assumed there are more dishes than just those right?
Yea, these are just the aussie highlights. The usual items are still available. I asked them abt the sea bass which Beta said tasted very nice and cod like. She told me its available. In fact, the grilled lobster was also something she said over the phone when i asked if there were any 1 order items. They actually did not indicate in their promo ad cos its not aussie.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #1751

Yea, these are just the aussie highlights. The usual items are still available. I asked them abt the sea bass which Beta said tasted very nice and cod like. She told me its available. In fact, the grilled lobster was also something she said over the phone when i asked if there were any 1 order items. They actually did not indicate in their promo ad cos its not aussie.
Which day you want to go? Beta might be interested.

Old 18-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #1752
Master Member

Australian Fare Buffet @

• 1 dines free with every 2 paying adults for buffet dinner (Sun to Thu)
• 1 dines free with every 3 paying adults for buffet dinner (Fri to Sat)
• Complimentary one glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay

Stir-Fried Australian Ostrich, grilled lobster (1 order), Herbal Soup with Braised Crocodile Meat, Fish Pie, Roast Australian Prime Rib, Peach Pie and Apple Pancake

S$43.80++ (Adult)

• *Valid till 31 Jan 2011

If we can get 3 pax, then we can get the 3 pay 2 promo, which works out to be $34.40 nett, plus we each get a glass of Australia Elliot Rock Estate Sparking Chardonnay. Very value for $ for a hotel buffet dinner!

the price is the same for weekdays and weekends? applies to any payment mode?

will it be a dinner on weekday or weekend? from your paragraphs, I think you are checking out on a Saturday? for Sunday is 1 dine free with every 2 paying adults.

got menu on this? as the highlights not very tempting.. but from the usual dishes you said.

Last edited by shalome; 18-01-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Old 18-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #1753

for Sunday is 1 dine free with every paying adult.
Is 2 paying adult and 3rd dine free.

Old 18-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1754
Master Member

Supper I can. Only can reach about 10.30pm leh.
But going home might be a problem, unless sharing cab (not sure worth or not) or drives. it starts on 9pm which if lasts to 11pm + may be can take the last train home in time.

Is 2 paying adult and 3rd dine free.
sorry i missed out the "2" in my sentence. backspace too much never check. thanks for pointing out.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1755
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which day you want to go? Beta might be interested.
This thu you keen? Btw, i can't make it on 27 Jan for Tarafuku Last min got something. Sorry. That one have to postpone.

Else will be Sat 29 Jan. No other slots left, heehee. but if sat, will prolly have to pay the higher $46.40 unless we can get 4 in total.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.