HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #2236
High Supremacy Member

oh yeah eel i like...!! unagi...!!

some of the fishes i like..... shishamo... unagi.... codfish... 昌鱼 (pomfret) ... soon hock...
There's 1 fish I also like but dunno the name. Normally jiak jiu tat time steam in light soya sauce one. The fish skin usually quite dark greyish & the flesh quite thick also.

Normally I dun like fish when the skin is white colour ... tends to be more fishy. Like pomfret got white & grey 2 versions rite? I like the grey one. If white one I also got eat, but I will eat the part whereby the skin is darker one. Got those ngor fish I dun like, regardless how fresh I still find it fishy.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.

Last edited by Missumuch; 20-01-2011 at 10:26 AM..
Old 20-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #2237

I don't have preference for fishes whether freshwater or saltwater, as long as the cooking styles suit my taste.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 20-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #2238
High Supremacy Member

I don't have preference for fishes whether freshwater or saltwater, as long as the cooking styles suit my taste.
eh, but u will notice tat freshwater fish they tends to hv more fish bones & more fishy. Like when u go to certain places in China where it is not near the open sea, they mostly served those river fish??? Mostly multiple bones beneath, so hard to eat, scare kerna choked.

But having said tat, I'm not a fish lover la, but still hiam so much, keke
Old 20-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #2239

Normally I dun like fish when the skin is white colour ... tends to be more fishy. Like pomfret got white & grey 2 versions rite? I like the grey one. If white one I also got eat, but I will eat the part whereby the skin is darker one.
oo u same as me dont like stomach part.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #2240

dunno ley last time i used to like cooked salmon... but maybe it's all blame on my mum... got a time dunno why she like crazed over salmon... almost every other day go and cook salmon for dinner... some more it's very oily and very boney type.... bo meat one..... eat until i wan to puke.....!!
i know what u mean, my mom used to do that too... until i found out that she has been "advised by the supermarket promoter" to buy those cheap salmon bones (leftovers) for home consumption and the worst part is they told her to fry it, so she just fry it... yes, add oil and fry something which is already very oily, terribly disgusting i must say

on the other hand, i am very encouraging whenever she manages to buy any salmon heads... good in curries but i do the grilling... old folks really have a tendency to cook everything well-done (which is quite terrible for some foods)
Old 20-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #2241
High Supremacy Member

oo u same as me dont like stomach part.
lol ... not only u tink like me, but also eat like me
acherly not juz the stomach, skin & head I also dun noe how to appreciate de. I realli jiak the flesh one.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #2242
High Supremacy Member

old folks really have a tendency to cook everything well-done (which is quite terrible for some foods)
I totally agree on tis. I ish dunno y my mum like to cook food to 105% - 110% cook one. Liddat ish not well done, ish overdone liao Then ended up so tough/lack of bite leh. If I stand beside her to tahan ... when she cook till 90% - 95%, I will go & off her stove den she will make a fuss, "havnt cook yet", "so fast off for wat"

But 90% of the time, my timing quite rite ... dish out is juz nice. I cant cook la, juz tat I hv better approximation skills
Old 20-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #2243
Greater Supremacy Member

This type? Leather Jacket
its like a big piece of salmon, no tail almost boneless. its part of a fish. my aunt always pan fry it .

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #2244
Master Member

lol ... not only u tink like me, but also eat like me
acherly not juz the stomach, skin & head I also dun noe how to appreciate de. I realli jiak the flesh one.
i dont like stomach..smell very strong de..
but i like cheek .. yum yum
Old 20-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #2245
Greater Supremacy Member

r u refering to the batan fish, the type u hv for fish soup one?
thicker than that.. next time i go my auntie house, i take picture of that pan fried meaty fish

Old 20-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #2246
Greater Supremacy Member

as long the fish is meaty and almost boneless.. part of the fish.. pan fried it.. bagus.

Old 20-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #2247
High Supremacy Member

hmmm ... fish head I oni eat 1 part ... is start from behind/on top of the eyes all the way till the edge of the head liddat ... dunno u noe which part or notch Is the flesh part, not skin, not slimish area ...
Old 20-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #2248
High Supremacy Member

I totally agree on tis. I ish dunno y my mum like to cook food to 105% - 110% cook one. Liddat ish not well done, ish overdone liao Then ended up so tough/lack of bite leh. If I stand beside her to tahan ... when she cook till 90% - 95%, I will go & off her stove den she will make a fuss, "havnt cook yet", "so fast off for wat"

But 90% of the time, my timing quite rite ... dish out is juz nice. I cant cook la, juz tat I hv better approximation skills
yeah my mum oso cook everything well done... any fish cook liao if the meat like translucent or doesn't look cooked she will continue to cook further in microwave....

but the funniest is my brother.... he likes to eat salmon sashimi.... but when my mum cooks fish (like pomhret) ... if the fish isn't well cooked he would complain -- that help to fuel my mum's obsession in well-done food....... so meaning raw and well done fish my bro ok with it... but half-cooked fish not ok...

regards,
wacky
Old 20-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #2249
High Supremacy Member

eeeeeeeee i hate the @#$% stomach... not only it's smelly... it's boney too...... i always leave the stomach meat behind one...

fish cheek i like too... and fish brain...! and the meat on the top part of the head...... but other parts of head i dun eat.....

regards,
wacky
Old 20-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #2250
High Supremacy Member

thicker than that.. next time i go my auntie house, i take picture of that pan fried meaty fish
toking abt take pic of food, ytd u wanna reccomendation for a better hp with camera fx rite? erm ... I mentioned Sony Ericsson purely based my own preference, I'm not sure if it is the better choices, I'm juz used to tis brand. So far most of my family members r using Samsung & Nokia reh.

I suppose u wanna re-contract yr HP plan & not buying a HP on its own rite?
If tat being the case, wouldnt it be a wiser choice to compare wat r the available brands & specs within tat provider & choose the best from there?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.