HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #2851
Arch-Supremacy Member

Twtan, i just came back from the crystal jade korean bbq buffet @ Nex. I liked it. Paid $22.50 nett each for 5 after the 4 pay 3 promo. Think its value for money.

Quite a good variety of raw food for the hotpot and bbq. You have your lamb, beef, pork, chicken and fish ... all in 2 varieties, marinated for the bbq and non marinated for the hotpot. Some like the chicken comes in curry flavour too. They have spicy squid, strawn mushrooms, abalone mushrooms and those big black mushrooms (normally used in bak chor mee) too. The marinated lamb is very nice! Fish wise, they have this saba fish, which tasted very juicy and nice after bbqing it. Then there is also the usual marinated and non marinated dory. They also have this big marinated chicken wings.

Of cos there are the usual hotpot items like all kinds of balls, egg, prawns, vegs etc. There is also a cooked food section, with 2 kinds of korean rice cakes, 2 vegs, mussels, chicken wings, fried prawn, tang hoon etc. Desserts consist of corn custard bun, black glutinous rice paste, 3 types of the usual crystal jade jellies (the osymanthus with wolf berries jelly etc), 2 types of fruits, free flowing of ice lemon tea and other drinks, and finally a few types of ice cream. The ice cream are the usual cheapo tub ice cream, as expected.

Food are well marinated, and fresh. Did not try the prawns though as lazy to peel.

Only thing i dun like abt the place is that the tables are all against the wall, so as long as you have 3 or 4 pax, 1 or 2 persons end up getting 'trapped' inside. Also, if 5 pax, the 5th pax end up on a chair beside the table along the corridor. The hotpot and bbq also a bit small for 4 pax. So the 2 of us will be ideal, ergonomically wise, heeeheee. Look forward to our 12 Feb visit there. Btw, no reservation, so we need to be there on time to ensure that we get a table. It was full house even tonite.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 24-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #2852
High Supremacy Member

we go contest sure lose.. cos there are people finish the burger within 1 min++ but then its the massive burger not the triple patty burger.
well to quote from their menu... for your comparisons...

U-CRAZY-WHAT?!
- What started out as a joke has kind of become a signature of BOTAK Jones. This IS crazy! Three 135 grams patties on one burger! Hell, you have to be an acrobat just to carry it out from the kitchen! That's 405 grams of beef y'all.

The Massive
- 5 inches of really good burger here. This is a 220 gram pure beef patty that takes up every bit of the 5-inch bun we serve it on... yadda yadda...

the other massives have the same beef patty but with alot of other add-ons...

so botak burger has smaller bun... but comes in single... double and triple patties... massive has bigger bun... but only 1 single pattie + misc toppings... if neither massive nor u-crazy-what can satisfy u guys still... perhaps u should suggest to bernie to have a u-crazy-what massive... imagine 3 x 220grams beef patty...

regards,
wacky
Old 24-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #2853
Greater Supremacy Member

Twtan, i just came back from the crystal jade korean bbq buffet @ Nex. I liked it. Paid $22.50 nett each for 5 after the 4 pay 3 promo. Think its value for money.

Quite a good variety of raw food for the hotpot and bbq. You have your lamb, beef, pork, chicken and fish ... all in 2 varieties, marinated for the bbq and non marinated for the hotpot. Some like the chicken comes in curry flavour too. They have spicy squid, strawn mushrooms, abalone mushrooms and those big black mushrooms (normally used in bak chor mee) too. The marinated lamb is very nice! Fish wise, they have this saba fish, which tasted very juicy and nice after bbqing it. Then there is also the usual marinated and non marinated dory. They also have this big marinated chicken wings.

Of cos there are the usual hotpot items like all kinds of balls, egg, prawns, vegs etc. There is also a cooked food section, with 2 kinds of korean rice cakes, 2 vegs, mussels, chicken wings, fried prawn, tang hoon etc. Desserts consist of corn custard bun, black glutinous rice paste, 3 types of the usual crystal jade jellies (the osymanthus with wolf berries jelly etc), 2 types of fruits, free flowing of ice lemon tea and other drinks, and finally a few types of ice cream. The ice cream are the usual cheapo tub ice cream, as expected.

Food are well marinated, and fresh. Did not try the prawns though as lazy to peel.

Only thing i dun like abt the place is that the tables are all against the wall, so as long as you have 3 or 4 pax, 1 or 2 persons end up getting 'trapped' inside. Also, if 5 pax, the 5th pax end up on a chair beside the table along the corridor. The hotpot and bbq also a bit small for 4 pax. So the 2 of us will be ideal, ergonomically wise, heeeheee. Look forward to our 12 Feb visit there. Btw, no reservation, so we need to be there on time to ensure that we get a table. It was full house even tonite.
wow you going for round 2...

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 24-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #2854

So fast you go try already!!! Ours is a Sat right so I can go early. Can grab 2 more to go so can enjoy the 4 go 3 pay promotion. Swordsman and Samba, you interested?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 24-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #2855
Greater Supremacy Member

well to quote from their menu... for your comparisons...

U-CRAZY-WHAT?!
- What started out as a joke has kind of become a signature of BOTAK Jones. This IS crazy! Three 135 grams patties on one burger! Hell, you have to be an acrobat just to carry it out from the kitchen! That's 405 grams of beef y'all.

The Massive
- 5 inches of really good burger here. This is a 220 gram pure beef patty that takes up every bit of the 5-inch bun we serve it on... yadda yadda...

the other massives have the same beef patty but with alot of other add-ons...

so botak burger has smaller bun... but comes in single... double and triple patties... massive has bigger bun... but only 1 single pattie + misc toppings... if neither massive nor u-crazy-what can satisfy u guys still... perhaps u should suggest to bernie to have a u-crazy-what massive... imagine 3 x 220grams beef patty...

regards,
wacky
I might tell bernie to give us the ultimate beef burger.. 1kg of beef patties.. with lots of cheese, bacon, eggs..

Old 24-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #2856
High Supremacy Member

you know me well.. i always choose cheese potato and fries for my 2 sides... what the.. last time no need add 80 cent. now need to pay more for the same quantity...
ya... well long ago when they started off... they dun have all the various sides one.. only spicy fries and coleslaw... but at that time the fries is FREE FLOW.... b4 i could even finish my current fries... they actually got come and ask me if i need more fries... the default amount of fries they give last time is also MORE than now......... it's until they started churning out all the different outlets then start to change one to "reduce cost"...

regards,
wacky
Old 24-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #2857
Greater Supremacy Member

So fast you go try already!!! Ours is a Sat right so I can go early. Can grab 2 more to go so can enjoy the 4 go 3 pay promotion. Swordsman and Samba, you interested?
i got RT That's why i never state my interest for the line and this buffet.

sat, wed RT. for 1st 8 sessions.. rt started last sat.

2nd phase additional Monday.

Old 24-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #2858
Greater Supremacy Member

ya... well long ago when they started off... they dun have all the various sides one.. only spicy fries and coleslaw... but at that time the fries is FREE FLOW.... b4 i could even finish my current fries... they actually got come and ask me if i need more fries... the default amount of fries they give last time is also MORE than now......... it's until they started churning out all the different outlets then start to change one to "reduce cost"...

regards,
wacky
I shall suggest to bernie to revert back to the free flow fries.. and charge exp for those who can't finish..

Old 24-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #2859
Arch-Supremacy Member

A sad news. just in case you guys still didn't know.

Singapore's biggest loser passed away.

http://admpreview.straitstimes.com:9...000a35010aRCRD
Err, your link simply said that he won and how he won etc. Nothing abt him passing away? Right link?
Old 24-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #2860

i got RT That's why i never state my interest for the line and this buffet.

sat, wed RT. for 1st 8 sessions.. rt started last sat.

2nd phase additional Monday.
I kept forgetting you got RT.

Old 24-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #2861
Greater Supremacy Member

Err, your link simply said that he won and how he won etc. Nothing abt him passing away? Right link?
Sorry. huh actually i saw the thread at edmw. basket, they post the wrong link. Well i shall wait for their confirmation.

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...1#post52473139

Last edited by Swordsman; 24-01-2011 at 10:11 PM..
Old 24-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #2862
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow you going for round 2...
Aiyah, this kinda of price can go often mah if the food is not bad. Its just like a normal nites out mah. They have crabs too. Hotpot + BBQ + cooked food = variety = I like. Plus the food was laid out one, so dun have to order and then wait for them to serve (i dun like). The food is not bad, price is reasonable, i eat until full and enjoyed myself.

Its like a mini reunion dinner for my family. Originally intended to go to properous kitchen, but decide to change to this instead. Good choice.

Hmmm, but for a weekend nite, and without the 4 pay 3 promo, it will be abt $31 nett, at this price, can go to cafe mosiac liao as they currently having 1:1 promo. Wanna go cafe mosiac instead? Heehee.

Last edited by Toons; 24-01-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Old 24-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #2863

Hmmm, but for a weekend nite, and without the 4 pay 3 promo, it will be abt $31 nett, at this price, can go to cafe mosiac liao as they currently having 1:1 promo. Wanna go cafe mosiac instead? Heehee.
Cafe Mosiac, I want. So our Korean BBQ postpone to another time then.

http://www.carltonhotel.sg/specials.html#promotion8-tab

Last edited by twtan14; 24-01-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Old 24-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #2864
Supremacy Member

Toons/Twtan, whats the highlight for cafe mosiac?
Old 24-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #2865

Toons/Twtan, whats the highlight for cafe mosiac?
Don't think they have any highlight for their normal buffet but they do have occasional different food theme like the Zi Cha promotion, mushroom and wayu beef promo etc... so their food varies from time to time depending on the theme.

Last time they even have durian promo but not any more as after they renovated, only aircon seating.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.