HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #2971
Greater Supremacy Member

no, next time chiu ji tao ask the stall vendor,"u all got claypot rice buffet or notch?"
not keen on buffet that has to do with rice.. rice cannot eat buffet style..
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

A Lone Wolf is dangerous because it doesn't have a pack, has nothing to protect, nothing to lose.

Old 25-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #2972
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just came back from this:-

Must say that for $9.90 nett, its really value for money. The food was nice too, esp, the cakes, but they ran out damn fast. The place is weird though. Its more like a open concept fast food place rather than restaurant. In fact when i first got there, i was a bit disappointed by the place. Lucky it was raining heavily, so i decided to give it a try.

Got veg soup, porridge with generous helpings of chicken, white rice, dry mee siam, devil's curry with chicken and pork softbones (nice, not spicy though flavourful), spicy prawns (small prawns but fresh), lady's finger, curry cabbage, fried squid rings, sweet sour fish (fresh fish but tad sweet), chicken with soy sauce (tender), fried beancurd with mayo, salad, fruits platter, bo bo cha cha, 3 types of cakes (all nice, but the choc banana cake was esp good!), fruit punch, coffee and tea. Food were generally well done, except for the bo bo cha cha which had a slight burnt taste. The staff said that the fire underneath the serving dish was too strong, and burnt it. The branch at China Square does not have a kitchen and the food was transported from their main outlet, so they could not change the dish.

Ate too much as usual. I'll definitely go for their sunday brunch. Saw the skinny chef Quentin inspecting the food too. Was told that the dishes at the Sunday brunch will be cooked by him. Nice meal, great value. Too bad they only have this for weekday lunch, else will drop by more often.
Old 25-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #2973
Greater Supremacy Member

can only go there on non working day.. i like to eat at my own pace, not with the timer countdown ticking..

A Lone Wolf is dangerous because it doesn't have a pack, has nothing to protect, nothing to lose.

Old 25-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #2974

Must say that for $9.90 nett, its really value for money. The food was nice too, esp, the cakes, but they ran out damn fast. The place is weird though. Its more like a open concept fast food place rather than restaurant. In fact when i first got there, i was a bit disappointed by the place. Lucky it was raining heavily, so i decided to give it a try.
Need to use DBS cc to pay?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 25-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #2975
Arch-Supremacy Member

can only go there on non working day.. i like to eat at my own pace, not with the timer countdown ticking..
The spread was actually quite small mah. I ate for only 1hr 15mins. Think you eat for abt 45 mins also more than enough. Pay $7 for claypot rice, might as well top up $2.90 more for this. Comes with drinks and fruits+desserts some more. Got blueberry cheesecake, heehee. For raffles place area, where to find this kinda of price for this kinda of food?

Need to use DBS cc to pay?
Yea, DBS or POSB cards.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #2976
High Supremacy Member

Got veg soup, porridge with generous helpings of chicken, white rice, dry mee siam, devil's curry with chicken and pork softbones (nice, not spicy though flavourful), spicy prawns (small prawns but fresh), lady's finger, curry cabbage, fried squid rings, sweet sour fish (fresh fish but tad sweet), chicken with soy sauce (tender), fried beancurd with mayo, salad, fruits platter, bo bo cha cha, 3 types of cakes (all nice, but the choc banana cake was esp good!), fruit punch, coffee and tea. Food were generally well done, except for the bo bo cha cha which had a slight burnt taste. The staff said that the fire underneath the serving dish was too strong, and burnt it. The branch at China Square does not have a kitchen and the food was transported from their main outlet, so they could not change the dish.

Ate too much as usual. I'll definitely go for their sunday brunch. Saw the skinny chef Quentin inspecting the food too. Was told that the dishes at the Sunday brunch will be cooked by him. Nice meal, great value. Too bad they only have this for weekday lunch, else will drop by more often.
Tis is the Eurasian buffet issit? How come the spread like more den the Sunday brunch de?
Old 25-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #2977

The spread was actually quite small mah. I ate for only 1hr 15mins. Think you eat for abt 45 mins also more than enough. Pay $7 for claypot rice, might as well top up $2.90 more for this. Comes with drinks and fruits+desserts some more. Got blueberry cheesecake, heehee. For raffles place area, where to find this kinda of price for this kinda of food?

Yea, DBS or POSB cards.
Use cc to pay for something less than $10.

Old 25-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #2978
High Supremacy Member

depends leh, some places accept some got minimum amt one.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #2979
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tis is the Eurasian buffet issit? How come the spread like more den the Sunday brunch de?
The same restaurant for the Eurasian Sunday Brunch, Quentin's. This is their lunch promo for their China Square branch.

The Sunday Brunch will be at their main outlet and features more dishes.

Heehee, you can pay cash if you want to, but it will be $12.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #2980

The same restaurant for the Eurasian Sunday Brunch, Quentin's. This is their lunch promo for their China Square branch.

Heehee, you can pay cash if you want to, but it will be $12.

Is it crowded during lunch?

Old 25-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #2981
High Supremacy Member

hmmm ... value for $ wise tink China sq lunch will be more hua cos sundae brunch is abt twice the amount but if I dun remb wrongly the spread is not double liddat ...

But den, weekday meals always hv the best value for $ de.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #2982
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is it crowded during lunch?
Nope, abt 5 tables occupied only, including mine.

I really dun understand, cos the food court at the ground floor was full, and the prices there are like If you throw in drink, fruits and/or dessert, sure abt the same or more.

hmmm ... value for $ wise tink China sq lunch will be more hua cos sundae brunch is abt twice the amount but if I dun remb wrongly the spread is not double liddat ...

But den, weekday meals always hv the best value for $ de.
The spread will be abt double cos the Sunday Brunch is 30 dishes, and the lunch was abt 15? Also, the QC will be better cos Quentin will be cooking personally, plus you will not have things like the bobo cha cha gena burnt. This china sq branch is really like catered from their main outlet like that. Lastly, i will not mind paying more to sample more dishes.
Old 25-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #2983
High Supremacy Member

Nope, abt 5 tables occupied only, including mine.
I really dun understand, cos the food court at the ground floor was full, and the prices there are like If you throw in drink, fruits and/or dessert, sure abt the same or more.
Tis is true lor, value wise realli cant fight but perhaps the place doesnt seemed too appealing, cos I rmb the website which we saw earlier on doesnt look so condusive afterall ...

The spread will be abt double cos the Sunday Brunch is 30 dishes, and the lunch was abt 15? Also, the QC will be better cos Quentin will be cooking personally, plus you will not have things like the bobo cha cha gena burnt. This china sq branch is really like catered from their main outlet like that. Lastly, i will not mind travelling further to sample more dishes.
As usual, lengthy justification to ease yr guilt but u hv missed out 1 impt point ... hv edited for u ...
Old 25-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #2984
Greater Supremacy Member

if value for money, food is good, travel to pasir ris also don't mind.

Old 25-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #2985
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tis is true lor, value wise realli cant fight but perhaps the place doesnt seemed too appealing, cos I rmb the website which we saw earlier on doesnt look so condusive afterall ...

As usual, lengthy justification to ease yr guilt but u hv missed out 1 impt point ... hv edited for u ...
You gonna eat the food or eat the website?

Err, think you got me confused with someone else. If i will feel guilty over food, i will not have gone for this after having the crystal jade korean bbq buffet dinner last nite.

Well, if you not willing to travel for good food ... you will not get to eat good food cos good food sure as hell will not come to you

Besides, if i can walk 15 mins, at close to midnight, through the dark deserted backalleys of Bali alone by myself just to eat the delicious sate kambing of a certain street stall, whats travelling slightly further in SG? You wanna see the pics of the sate kambing?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.