HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 AM   #4336
Arch-Supremacy Member

foie gras or duck liver wrapped in bacon on sliced baguette...
Yea, you got it. Its foie gras, pan fried then drenched in this sweet sauce (a bit like our black sweet sauce). The first piece i ate had the rich creamy taste, but was not crispy enough. So i asked them to do for me a crispy version and this was the outcome. Nice, had 3 pieces in total, and thats 3 pieces too many

Their foie gras was better than melt's ones, but just slightly inferior to the ones at Mezza9 cos the out layer was not as crispy. However, the good thing was that theirs were done ala minute, so they were all hot. The ones at Mezza9 can be a bit cold at times, and when its cold, the taste become oily rather than rich creamy.

Last edited by Toons; 06-02-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 12:21 AM   #4337

not bad. taste like portugese egg tarts inside the custard. buay pai lah. hahaha got 1 paper teach you how to make them too
WAH~ sic sic !
Official EDMW Tag Heuer Watch Owners Club. - 41th member
Official Cat Owners - 15th member ~meow~

♥☼ |ink|iN paRk & tOk|o hoTe| ♥☼
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM   #4338
Greater Supremacy Member

Wed's prosperous kitchen dim sum buffet lunch is confirmed.

For mon, also confirmed, except we need to fix the venue.

Abit sick of intl buffets. Can i suggesttrying crystal jade's bbq buffet dinner @ nex? Some simple hotpot and grilling action should be the prefect cure to my 'illness'
im ok with it since its the price is reasonable.

understood. you have too much international buffet.. no matter how good they are, also cannot eat every meal. need to have a change.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Last edited by Swordsman; 06-02-2011 at 12:27 AM..
Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #4339
Arch-Supremacy Member

very sad. me never been to thailand. think i will go there during their coolest month as i hate hot weather.
they should have rainy season bah ? i go there during their rainy season.
Actually Jan to Feb are their coolest months if i am not mistaken. The weather is not really that hot, just that the sun is scorching. So we usually go outdoors in the morning and evenings. Afternoons were spent in shopping malls.

The next trip i intend to go alone. See if you keen to join me
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #4340
Great Supremacy Member

When will take be? Have not been to Thailand before.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #4341
Greater Supremacy Member

Actually Jan to Feb are their coolest months if i am not mistaken. The weather is not really that hot, just that the sun is scorching. So we usually go outdoors in the morning and evenings. Afternoons were spent in shopping malls.

you let me know before hand. i see those goodies seafood you eaten makes me drool....

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #4342
Arch-Supremacy Member

shopping paradise。。
the high heel shoe cost abt 10 sing dollar。。
nice design。。
basically can buy n throw away after wearing once。。
unlike our pasam malam。。
their pasam malam is our bugis villiage n many times bigger。。
Yea, things were slightly more exp now, but still cheap by SG standards. Of cos cannot compare quality lah. Brought quite a few shirts, tshirts and polos. All less than S$10 each if i dun remember wrongly.

Also, went to union mall, which i find to be better than platinum. Prices are slightly cheaper, and the designs tendier. A lot of Thai teenages patronise that place. Too bad i only went there today, so dun really feel like shopping much since i already brought quite a no. of items elsewhere liao. Oh well, there is always the next time.

If you really looking for cheap stuff, i suggest zhuhai. The things there are even cheaper and design not bad too. I will rate zhuhai a better shopping destination than thailand.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #4343
Arch-Supremacy Member

im ok with it since its the price is reasonable.

understood. you have too much international buffet.. no matter how good they are, also cannot eat every meal. need to have a change.
Actually only 10@claymore is intl buffet. The rest are not. Just that i prefer something simplier, akin to eating porridge after a few days of feasting, heehee. I am still game for tarafuku or shin yuu if you prefer them instead. Let me know.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #4344
Supremacy Member

Yea, i tried the 'big head prawn' at this stall at yaowarat. Posted some pics earlier. Nice, but i was not able to find the salt baked fish Thanks for the recommendation.
how the new yr at yaowarat??
Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 AM   #4345
Arch-Supremacy Member

When will take be? Have not been to Thailand before.
you let me know before hand. i see those goodies seafood you eaten makes me drool....
Apr i prolly going to Taiwan. Jun is out cos its school holidays n i dun like to go anywhere with families of noisy pesky brats So might be Jul/Aug. Will find if there are any holidays so that the trip can be for max duration with min leave taking. Will let you guys know.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #4346
Great Supremacy Member

Apr i prolly going to Taiwan. Jun is out cos its school holidays n i dun like to go anywhere with families of noisy pesky brats So might be Jul/Aug. Will find if there are any holidays so that the trip can be for max duration with min leave taking. Will let you guys know.
I also planning to go Taiwan, waiting for my colleague if he is going too as he had stayed in Taiwan for more than 20 years before so can go free and easy.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #4347
Arch-Supremacy Member

how the new yr at yaowarat??
Good n bad.

Good in that the morning n nite markets were really bustling with ppl. Very happening and lively. Got that new year atmosphere that SG cannot compare, not even our chinatown. Even their chinese and thai temples were very crowded with devotees praying for a better new year. I'll post some pics which i took later.

Bad in that the official celebration were disappointingl. They closed off part of yaowarat road and turn it into a pasar malam. The prob is that a large part of the pasar malam was 'invaded' by chinese, eg, chinese food, chinese arts like knotting, paper cutting. So its really similar to our river hong bao pasar malam. They also have stage shows featuring thai artists and chinese acts. What i wanted to see are the more traditional lion and dragon dances, firecrackers as well as the procession kinda of thingy. Did not get to see those. Think they have, just dunno when only.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #4348
Arch-Supremacy Member

I also planning to go Taiwan, waiting for my colleague if he is going too as he had stayed in Taiwan for more than 20 years before so can go free and easy.
Sounds great. Its always better if you have a local guiding you or going with someone familiar with the place. If you go b4 apr, can let me know which are the better places to go? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #4349
Great Supremacy Member

Sounds great. Its always better if you have a local guiding you or going with someone familiar with the place. If you go b4 apr, can let me know which are the better places to go? Thanks.
Not going before April. Have no idea where I want to go, me will following my colleague if he is going. Food is definitely up on my list.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #4350
Honorary Member

wah u all bringing ur food adventure overseas! hehe

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.