HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #4951
Supremacy Member

for kims i agree with wat wacky said..
The hokkien mee r good but not the best....
N 50 dollar for a 2kg crab is consider ex...in a grp would prefer settle for 2 1kg crab...
At least got 4 gong to share ard with..

Swatchie: agree wif u tat the peking duck is jus ordinary @ revolving restaurant...
Never tried the other crab meat dish u mention but heard other ppl mention is good also...
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #4952
Great Supremacy Member

i jiak breakfast riaos...
then too bad for u
Old 13-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #4953
High Supremacy Member

now then saw this... too late to join riaos
u are our buffet queen huh...?? wah every buffet u oso wan to eat??

regards,
wacky
Old 13-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #4954
High Supremacy Member

if frog dun smell like frog。。
u expect it to smell like a pig??

and the tofu is nothing unique。。。
gg any thai restaurant or zi char stall can find liao。。
frogs i still prefer to the usual gong bao or ginger frog legs from those frog legs porridge type... for kims i think might as well just fry an entire plate of ginger... the ginger taste better than the frog...

the tofu at first i tot was yam ring when they ordered it... until i ate it... well taste-wise nothing special...

for kims i agree with wat wacky said..
The hokkien mee r good but not the best....
N 50 dollar for a 2kg crab is consider ex...in a grp would prefer settle for 2 1kg crab...
At least got 4 gong to share ard with..
yalor... damn ex... and i think usually smaller crabs also wouldn't cost as much by weight... usually the crabs i eat when go crab place are about 1kg each... order 2 x 1 kg crabs u also get 2 shells to eat...

regards,
wacky
Old 13-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #4955
Master Member

frog leg with ginger fried until very crispy but got abit of froggy smell
its over-whelming 魚腥味!

play with the crab

now then saw this... too late to join riaos
if i am u, i woke up at this time, still have time to head down. but if not for mo mo ren.....

Last edited by lovejade; 13-02-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Old 13-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #4956
Master Member

personally i dont find it cheezey enough!
the addictive taste is not there !!
Old 13-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #4957
Great Supremacy Member

if i am u, i woke up at this time, still have time to head down. but if not for mo mo ren.....
Old 13-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #4958
Master Member

does the puff have discount? how many did denny buy?
Old 13-02-2011, 01:50 PM   #4959
Great Supremacy Member

does the puff have discount? how many did denny buy?
10.70 per box

he bought 2 box
Old 13-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #4960
Master Member

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/10_claymore/

UOB
1 dines free with 3 paying adults for Dinner, Saturday High Tea and Sunday Brunch

Bonus $28 Return Vouchers
From 1st Jan to 28th Feb, a $28 return voucher will be issued per table per bill, with no minimum spending required

Valid till 28 Feb 2011
Payment must be made with a UOB Credit Card.
Not available on Valentine's Day.

In-house promotion
United Plates of America
The United Plates of Pleasure brings together a collection of premium US meats presented to diners in petite plates.

Savour unlimited servings of succulent US meats from the Plates of Pleasure menu, in addition to a hearty buffet spread of bistro favourites. Featured dishes include US Black Angus Beef Tenderloin, US Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb and US Berkshire Pork Sausage.

Dinner (Sun-Thu): $45++
Brunch (Sun): $48++
Old 13-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #4961
Supremacy Member

28 Feb last paper..
Same leh beta korkor can bling me go out when we end
Old 13-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #4962
Supremacy Member

frogs i still prefer to the usual gong bao or ginger frog legs from those frog legs porridge type... for kims i think might as well just fry an entire plate of ginger... the ginger taste better than the frog...

the tofu at first i tot was yam ring when they ordered it... until i ate it... well taste-wise nothing special...

yalor... damn ex... and i think usually smaller crabs also wouldn't cost as much by weight... usually the crabs i eat when go crab place are about 1kg each... order 2 x 1 kg crabs u also get 2 shells to eat...

regards,
wacky
btw reference to earlier post。。
is not thai restaurant。。
is indonesia restaurant。。
the tofu dish is tofu telur。。
anyway i save my pocket from burning a hole tks to mo mo ren。。。
Old 13-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #4963
Great Supremacy Member

like that think i spilt the coupon , on time on target then after transfer i PM the pdf of the coupon to print out

bank transfer to me 189-15023-7 POSB Savings
bluebell x2 = $36
Lovejade x 1 = $18
betatester x 1 = $18
samba fan x 1 =$18
dennyz x 1= $18

if not arrange meet up either side also not happy , then face black black jiak i see also haiz ....

Last edited by raven1019; 13-02-2011 at 03:54 PM..
Old 13-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #4964
High Supremacy Member

I have prepared a draft below, feel free to help with any inclusions and updates.
okay i come out with something liao... took me over 2hrs to prepare this...

Outings should state clearly:
- Venue
- Address
- Date
- Time
- Closing date
- Forum name of organizer (else assume 1st name in list as organizer)
- List of participants
- For buffets, original price per pax. If there are any promos, state price after promos as well as any terms and conditions of promo.
- List down any other necessary/relevant information if available (eg map of place, website of place, reviews, transportation modes etc)

In additional, the following are guidelines** for outings:

For organizers:

- You are advised to leave your contact number. PM your contact to participants if you do not wish to list it in public.
- You are advised to post a reminder in forum ONE day prior to the outing.
- You are advised to contact participants via their preferred contact for any changes to outing AFTER the date/time/venue are been finalized AND get acknowledgement from them. If you do not get acknowledgement 1 day prior to outing, you are advised to send a reminder to them. If participants do not acknowledge, assume that they CANNOT make it. You are also advised to update the new date/time/venue/participant list in the forum.
- For non-buffets, you are advised to indicate if cost is expected to be shared evenly amongst participants or split according to what individuals order.
- For non-buffets, you are not advised to list the expected cost. (Participants should do their own research on the costs and make informed decision by themselves whether they want to come.)
- *You are advised to post outings as an individual thread once date/time/venue has been finalized.
- If there are last minute matters that you have to attend to and is too late to cancel or change the outing, you are advised to appoint someone to take over as organizer.

For participants:
- If you are bringing additional friends, please indicate how many are attending. You are responsible for updating your friends for any changes to event.
- Please PM the organizer your preferred contact (email, hp, MSN etc). You are advised to provide hp number. If no hp number is provided, you are to bear your own responsibilities should there be any last minute changes.
- For any changes to outing date/time/venue, please UPDATE the organizer on whether you will still be attending or not. If you do not acknowledge, you are assumed to be NOT attending. However if you still turn up and there are insufficient vacancies because the organizer did not cater for you, priority will be given to the rest and you will be dropped out.
- Please inform the organizer ASAP if you (or your friends) could not come for the outing anymore due to whatever reasons.
- If someone helped to foot the bill for everyone, please pay back to the person who foot the bill in cash BEFORE the outing ends. Henceforth you are advised to bring enough cash prior to the outing.
- Please voice up if the group is ordering any expensive items that you are not willing to pay/eat. If you did not voice any objections, please do not object later when footing the bill.
- If you have certain types of food you do not take, you are advised to voice up to the group prior to ordering the dishes. But do understand that it does not mean that ALL dishes will be catered to your dietary restrictions.
- For hawker outings, you are advised to ask the group if you are planning to order some items to share prior to ordering. This is to ensure that (1) participants don't all order the same thing, (2) you know how many ppl want to share the item so you can order the right size and (3) someone actually want to share with you.

For the outing itself/General Matters:
- For non-buffets, check with restaurant for prices of seasonal items where prices are not listed. Get consensus with the group before making decision whether to order or not.
- If someone has objections to ordering any expensive items and not willing to share the cost, please discuss whether to change the item to something else, or to continue to order and separate the bill of these items from those that objected. If anyone had raised objections but continued to eat these items, he/she shall be deemed as agreed to share the cost of the items.
- In the outing if the bill is to be evenly split amongst participants, unless for very expensive items (see previous point), all items will be evenly divided even if certain participants did not eat certain items due to whatever reasons (eg. dietary restrictions, don't like, alergic etc).
- Nobody is allowed to be profiting from the outing. (it is okay if there are some "profit" made due to some rounding off of money when bill is divided up evenly)
- Organizers have sole and final say on date/time/venue of outing.
- Please do not take or post photos of any participants without consent.
* i also suggest that outings have their own separate thread, instead of posting all in buffetlicious thread. the buffetlicious thread is more for discussions. we could either have 1 thread per outing... or 1 thread per month for all outings in that month... or if we stick to the current method... that is 1 sticky thread for everything... means for all the outings need mod to constantly update the thread. if we have individual or monthly outing threads... all photos from the outings can be posted inside instead of in buffetlicious thread.

** the above are guidelines and not rules... especially for organizers. organizers are unpaid volunteers who arrange for the outings. i don't feel that we should impose rules on how they want to run the outings. afterall if participants don't feel comfortable with the way some outings are going to be conducted... they can well decide not to participate. but these are good guidelines that they can follow.

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid; 13-02-2011 at 04:58 PM..
Old 13-02-2011, 04:29 PM   #4965
Great Supremacy Member

can we elect wacky as mod for makan zone

other than twtan the rest of the mod like not working
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.