HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #5896

yah, that i know... did get to try some but dun remember all

was a bit disappointed when 10@Claymore have no oysters
Me don't take oysters so no loss to me.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 18-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #5897

hahaha!!! now my brain is full of salt information....

Me don't take oysters so no loss to me.
i wanna eat oysters.....
Old 18-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #5898
Master Member

i've been there a couple of times and had no problems with the service... usually sit at the counter
you usually visit on weekdays or weekends?
on my day of visit on a weekend late evening, it was not just my table that received the bad service.

- their staff(s) are not able to communicate/understand English well. is like chicken talk duck. not just my table, next table too.
- ask in English reply in Chinese but on a different thing until We changed to - mandarin to converse and ordered.
- Same query different staffs give different answers
- Checked for the dish availability before order. told me available on the spot without the effort of checking.. later came back told me sold out.
- my next table repeatedly request for a bottle of mineral water and finally it arrived after almost 20-25mins. (i think because the staffs don't understand english? so no one served them the water)
- took away my unused wet towel twice, first time with knowledge, and they did not replace another one until i requested
- when orders came, asked which were what (as we were ordering some sushis that we seldom eat, and to differentiate my friend's and mine), server not sure too.
- overturned something during clearing tables and dirty chopstick dropped on my bottoms, to my foot, then to the ground. (then this staff apologized sincerely and gave me a dessert out of compensation. that's better..)

food wise, seaweed wrapping the sushi not crispy. variety quite okay and some unusual. their servings = 1 sushi per plate
taste wise, overall average except roasted fatty salmon sushi nice!

but no more second visit for me if possible.
Old 18-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #5899
Master Member

Can double confirm that THE LINE GRILLED NIGHT no menu was given to us, except this reply?

ok, just got email reply from Shang on Grilled Out and Marine Harvest Menu and i quote below :-

"Thank you for your email.. For the below enquiries Grilled Night and Marine Harvest Night we do not have any fix menu for that day..
And as for the Grilled night The Line actual offer more grill food on top of the normal International Buffet spread.. And for the Marine Harvest night The Line offer more seafood selection on ice on top of the normal International Buffet spread."
Old 18-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #5900

Can double confirm that THE LINE GRILLED NIGHT no menu was given to us, except this reply?
Er, got menu, was uploaded to mediafire. Let me see if I can find it on my HDD.

PS: here is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qktc5...t%20Menu-1.pdf

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session

Last edited by twtan14; 18-02-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Old 18-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #5901
Master Member

Er, got menu, was uploaded to mediafire. Let me see if I can find it on my HDD.

PS: here is it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9qktc5...t%20Menu-1.pdf
ops, thank you. i searched and found RV menu and the above paragraph quoted previous post only. thanks boss.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #5902

on my day of visit on a weekend late evening, it was not just my table that received the bad service.

- their staff(s) are not able to communicate/understand English well. is like chicken talk duck. not just my table, next table too.
- ask in English reply in Chinese but on a different thing until We changed to - mandarin to converse and ordered.
- Checked for the dish availability before order. told me available on the spot without the effort of checking.. later came back told me sold out.
- my next table repeatedly request for a bottle of mineral water and finally it arrived after almost 20-25mins. (i think because the staffs don't understand english? so no one served them the water)
- took away my unused wet towel twice, first time with knowledge, and they did not replace another one until i requested
- when orders came, asked which were what (as we were ordering some sushis that we seldom eat, and to differentiate my friend's and mine), server not sure too.
- overturned something during clearing tables and dirty chopstick dropped on my bottoms, to my foot, then to the ground. (then this staff apologized sincerely and gave me a dessert out of compensation. that's better..)

food wise, seaweed wrapping the sushi not crispy. variety quite okay and some unusual. their servings = 1 sushi per plate

i've been there 3 times, twice for lunch (weekends) and dinner (last evening). agree with you that they don't understand english, so me and my friend ordered in mandarin usually and later cantonese when the manager came by.

only sat at table once but did not encounter the same problems as you did, it's was during a saturday lunch. other times sat at counter where the chef will hand us our sushi and sashimi himself.

i avoid orchard road for dinner during weekends as i hate the crowd and the queue lines, almost as much as compromised service due to similar experiences which you've encountered. it makes me prefer weekdays instead, plus... there's really less people in the malls, really spacious to stroll
Old 18-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #5903
Master Member

i've been there 3 times, twice for lunch (weekends) and dinner (last evening). agree with you that they don't understand english, so me and my friend ordered in mandarin usually and later cantonese when the manager came by.

only sat at table once but did not encounter the same problems as you did, it's was during a saturday lunch. other times sat at counter where the chef will hand us our sushi and sashimi himself.

i avoid orchard road for dinner during weekends as i hate the crowd and the queue lines, almost as much as compromised service due to similar experiences which you've encountered. it makes me prefer weekdays instead, plus... there's really less people in the malls, really spacious to stroll
okay, if i ever revisit again, i will request for counter seats. the roasted fatty salmon is nice~ but oily! not sure is it because of the salmon fats which i do no think so
but they are located at Ion Orchard, where they are many English speaking foreigners shopping around, and can walk in to dine anytime.
Especially i am also from chinese ltd company without knowing dialects too. They anyhow ham tam one.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #5904

okay, if i ever revisit again, i will request for counter seats. the roasted fatty salmon is nice~ but oily! not sure is it because of the salmon fats which i do no think so
but they are located at Ion Orchard, where they are many English speaking foreigners shopping around, and can walk in to dine anytime.
Especially i am also from chinese ltd company without knowing dialects too. They anyhow ham tam one.
try not to go during weekend dinner, service usually -10 at most dining outlets in orchard area
yeah the roasted fatty salmon is nice, it is the salmon fats nothing extra added... we were watching them making and roasting sushi the whole evening
agree with you on their service staff's poor command of english, even the managers are like that!! makes you wanna facepalm really...
Old 18-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #5905
Master Member

*Boneless Stuffed Chicken Wing yummy yummy
you ate suan thai before too?
Another outing please. In early March?
shalome is joining The Line buffet on 2nd March, unless you or shalome want to organize one?
Shalome organize lor.

iirc, quite a number of items @ tis Suanthai is 1 time order nia ...
yes, after people ask they clarify with suan thai. see below for updates.

http://www.bigdeal.sg/bigdeal/Thai-Buffet-Free-flow-drinks.html

$18nett for Authentic Thai A La Carte Buffet + Free Flow Ice Lemon Tea in SuanThai Restaurant @ Somerset / Clarke Quay

Menu
28 dishes available! Eat all you can!!
*Tom Yam Soup With Prawns
*Boneless Stuffed Chicken Wing
*Chicken Wrapped in Pandan Leaf
*Thai Style Chicken Satay
*Stir Fried Mixed Seafood With Basil & Long Beans
*Deep Fried Squid With Garlic
Stir Fried Mixed Vegetable With Oyster Sauce
Dessert
Thai Red Ruby
Steamed Tapioca
Mixed Fruits
And more & more & more

SUANTHAI restaurant commenced business in November 2005 at 101 Killiney Road. SUANTHAI in English means 'Thai Garden'. The restaurant was set up by Mr. Steven See Tong, who was a General Manager with THANYING Group of restaurant. The entire kitchen team are all Thai and is helmed by Chef Rung Traiyan, who has several years of experience in Thai cuisine and assisted by Chef Sawadee Sakaoduan, who was a Head of Chef with THANYING restaurant.

hgw reviews on somerset branch: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapo...rant_killiney/
menu and t&c has been updated to :
Menu
28 dishes available! Eat all you can!!
Green Mango Salad
Pomelo Salad
Deep Fried Egg Beancurd With Special Sauce
Clear Noodle Salad
Thai Papaya Salad
Thai Spring Roll
Thai Fish Cake
Tom Yam Soup With Chicken
*Tom Yam Soup With Prawns
Clear Soup With Soft Beancurd & Chicken
Chicken or Beef With Cashew Nut
Green Curry With Chicken or Beef
Panang Curry With Slice Fish Filet
*Boneless Stuffed Chicken Wing
*Chicken Wrapped in Pandan Leaf
Chicken With Basil Leaves and Eggplant
Stirred Fried Long Beans With Thai Chilli Sauce
*Thai Style Chicken Satay
Deep Fried Fish Fillet With Sweet, Source & Spicy Sauce
Stir Fried Fish With Chinese Celery
*Stir Fried Mixed Seafood With Basil & Long Beans
*Deep Fried Squid With Garlic
Thai Baby Kai Lan With Salted Fish
Stir Fried Mixed Vegetable With Oyster Sauce
Steamed Rice
*Pineapple Fried Rice
Dessert
Thai Red Ruby
Steamed Tapioca
Mixed Fruits

Dishes with *: one time order per coupon
The rest 22 dishes: multiple times order per coupon
Use any as many coupons as you want in 1 table
though only 1 time order per coupon. means if person purchased coupon right, so each have at least one portion for his own lor.

Last edited by shalome; 18-02-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Old 18-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #5906
Arch-Supremacy Member

Those who drive to Shangri La next Wednesday, you all can ask for parking coupon for every $60 spent. Otherwise the charges song song gao jurong.
Old 18-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #5907
Arch-Supremacy Member

you ate suan thai before too?

yes, after people ask they clarify with suan thai. see below for updates.

menu and t&c has been updated to :

though only 1 time order per coupon. means if person purchased coupon right, so each have at least one portion for his own lor.
I am interested. But sadly I only available on Sundays dinner. Have you fixed a date?
Old 18-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #5908
High Supremacy Member

wah so jialat.... is it cheap?? if it is... well u get wat u pay for....

regards,
wacky
Old 18-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #5909
Master Member

I am interested. But sadly I only available on Sundays dinner. Have you fixed a date?
erm.. paiseh but me is famous for schedule not fixed one. that's why i always have changes too.

wah so jialat.... is it cheap?? if it is... well u get wat u pay for....

regards,
wacky
Edit: LOL. sorry i thought you talking about suanthai. erm. slightly on a higher side if compare with ichiban (okay, i'm not as elite as to eat higher class restaurants) i find that ichiban is value for money and not bad so i frequent there.
usually one plate of sushi has 2 pieces right? so at itacho, one plate = 1 piece. so eg, for common items like salmon sushi, usually one plate 2 piece $2.10, there will be $1+ x 2.

so............ i find that itacho is not that value for money given the items that i have ordered and tried, but as it is in Ion Orchard and with the long que most times, i expect some quality in food and service.

Last edited by shalome; 18-02-2011 at 01:27 PM..
Old 18-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #5910
Supremacy Member

[IMG][/IMG]

From Conrad. About $20.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.