HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #6391
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sigh, a bit sad today. Another good buffet hit the ****s *ahem, pardon the language*.

Agree with Piggy, Mosaic's standard dropped. In my books, from a good buffet, now drop to just a so so one. Its still okay with the 1:1 promo, but there are better options around, eg, 10@claymore. So ironic. 10@claymore was once condemned for the lobster fiasco, but now turned up to be a better option.

Back to Mosaic. Beef was dry and slightly tough. The veg teppenyakki was salty. Desserts forgettable (what happened to their peanut butter cake???). Sashimi not that fresh. Even their durian pengat also taste too sweet and lack that durian fragrance due to their adding of too much condensed milk. Most of the other stuff also tasted worse than before.

Dun think i will go back again. Got better buffets around.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #6392
Master Member

back frm Bugis!!!!!!!
wats up at bugis? and what did u eat?
Old 23-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #6393
Master Member

Sigh, a bit sad today. Another good buffet hit the ****s *ahem, pardon the language*.

Agree with Piggy, Mosaic's standard dropped. In my books, from a good buffet, now drop to just a so so one. Its still okay with the 1:1 promo, but there are better options around, eg, 10@claymore. So ironic. 10@claymore was once condemned for the lobster fiasco, but now turned up to be a better option.

Back to Mosaic. Beef was dry and slightly tough. The veg teppenyakki was salty. Desserts forgettable (what happened to their peanut butter cake???). Sashimi not that fresh. Even their durian pengat also taste too sweet and lack that durian fragrance due to their adding of too much condensed milk. Most of the other stuff also tasted worse than before.

thanks for review. twtan, stick his review.

toons: u hav hungrygowhere account? u really shd post all ur reviews under ur account if u do have 1. very easy to search for reviews wor.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #6394
Honorary Member

wats up at bugis? and what did u eat?
Ma Masion,, jiak snails. ox tongue..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 23-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #6395
Master Member

y u frown?
Old 23-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #6396
Arch-Supremacy Member

If they have the same thing in Thailand, I'll rather sign up for it when I go BKK in May since I'll be staying at Sheraton. Can use the free hotel room to extend my stay
I have the docs for it. You want i can email them to you. Membership is 5k baht or S$208. They said another 2k baht for foreigners, but since the application form does not have any section that requires the filling in of IC or nationality, i dun know how they are going to enforce it if we can provide a bangkok address, which is doable.

Another 1k baht for supp card. If you keen, maybe we can share the membership. I not interested in the food vouchers (4x 1500 baht vouchers) or the free 1 nite hotel stay, so no conflict there.

PM me your email addy and i email you the docs. You look over then decide lor.

PS: I have the menu for Marriott's sunday brunch if you want it too.

Last edited by Toons; 23-02-2011 at 11:43 PM..
Old 23-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #6397
High Supremacy Member

Agree with Piggy, Mosaic's standard dropped.
if u dun go & prove it yrself, u wun be convinced mah ...
Old 23-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #6398
Arch-Supremacy Member

Beta, wanna fix 4chuan douhua on Thu 10 Mar?

We need to get 4 pax for this, so need to confirm early so as to give ppl time to plan.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #6399
Arch-Supremacy Member

if u dun go & prove it yrself, u wun be convinced mah ...
Taste is so subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison. Reviews are merely someone's opinion. If blindly followed, then would not have gone to 10@claymore at all, and miss out on a good buffet.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #6400
Honorary Member

Beta, wanna fix 4chuan douhua on Thu 10 Mar?

We need to get 4 pax for this, so need to confirm early so as to give ppl time to plan.
i duno my friend wanna go bo leh. He tell me he also keen.. but then again his job hours abit erratic..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 23-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #6401
Arch-Supremacy Member

i duno my friend wanna go bo leh. He tell me he also keen.. but then again his job hours abit erratic..
Ask him to fix a date then?

Or his is those kind that can only confirm on the day itself? If so, then difficult cos need to get 4 to play wor. If can only confirm on the day itself, i dunno if can even get 4 or not.

If he cannot confirm a date, then how abt we confirm first, get 4 pax, then on the day itself, hopefully he can join in?
Old 23-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #6402
High Supremacy Member

wat about this one that i mentioned couple of times ley..??

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...postcount=5155

regards,
wacky
Old 23-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #6403
Honorary Member

think closer to that date then he can consperm..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 23-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #6404
Arch-Supremacy Member

wat about this one that i mentioned couple of times ley..??
Yes, this is also 1 of the buffets i aiming to try. I will likely try their Mediterranean nites on thu cos more meats. The way the review said how they slowly cooked the meats so that they are juicy and tender ... i drooling ... The seafood nite on fri also sounds good. Got lobsters and various types of oysters, but since i dun really go for oysters ...

You mentioned trying the sunday brunch in Jun right? Thats a long long long time away wor, so i never reply.

At the rate i going, likely i will try their normal buffet dinner before Jun, then we can decide further

Last edited by Toons; 23-02-2011 at 11:51 PM..
Old 23-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #6405
Arch-Supremacy Member

think closer to that date then he can consperm..
As long as not the day itself, then should be okay. So wanna check with him if 10 mar he tentatively okay? Then maybe 2 days b4, he can confirm. If cannot, then we reschedule?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.