HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #6406
High Supremacy Member

Yes, this is also 1 of the buffets i aiming to try. I will likely try their Mediterranean nites on thu cos more meats. The seafood nite on fri also sounds good. Got lobsters and various types of oysters, but since i dun really go for oysters ...

You mentioned trying the sunday brunch in Jun right? Thats a long long long time away wor, so i never reply.

At the rate i going, likely i will try their normal buffet dinner before Jun, then we can decide further
hahaha ok... i'll wait for ur updates den........

regards,
wacky
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #6407
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sigh, a bit sad today. Another good buffet hit the ****s *ahem, pardon the language*.

Agree with Piggy, Mosaic's standard dropped. In my books, from a good buffet, now drop to just a so so one. Its still okay with the 1:1 promo, but there are better options around, eg, 10@claymore. So ironic. 10@claymore was once condemned for the lobster fiasco, but now turned up to be a better option.

Back to Mosaic. Beef was dry and slightly tough. The veg teppenyakki was salty. Desserts forgettable (what happened to their peanut butter cake???). Sashimi not that fresh. Even their durian pengat also taste too sweet and lack that durian fragrance due to their adding of too much condensed milk. Most of the other stuff also tasted worse than before.

Dun think i will go back again. Got better buffets around.
Warned you le. For Rose Veranda, I think you should also give it a miss. Standards dropped so low till I have to dig to find it.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #6408
Greater Supremacy Member

Sigh, a bit sad today. Another good buffet hit the ****s *ahem, pardon the language*.

Agree with Piggy, Mosaic's standard dropped. In my books, from a good buffet, now drop to just a so so one. Its still okay with the 1:1 promo, but there are better options around, eg, 10@claymore. So ironic. 10@claymore was once condemned for the lobster fiasco, but now turned up to be a better option.

Back to Mosaic. Beef was dry and slightly tough. The veg teppenyakki was salty. Desserts forgettable (what happened to their peanut butter cake???). Sashimi not that fresh. Even their durian pengat also taste too sweet and lack that durian fragrance due to their adding of too much condensed milk. Most of the other stuff also tasted worse than before.

Dun think i will go back again. Got better buffets around.
don feel sad.. most buffets just can't be consistent with their standard. its either standard drop, or don have this item or that item if not price raise..

this is singapore...

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.
Old 23-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #6409
High Supremacy Member

Warned you le. For Rose Veranda, I think you should also give it a miss. Standards dropped so low till I have to dig to find it.
u dig wat?
I'm diff from Toons. Not tat I listen blindly, but I treat ppl's review seriously
Old 23-02-2011, 11:59 PM   #6410
Master Member

1. how is ur tea?

2 any sushimi?

3 wat food is available there?

4 aside from 3 ice creams what dessert did they serve?
Old 24-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #6411
Master Member

PS: I have the menu for Marriott's sunday brunch if you want it too.
can u PM me or post the menu for marriott's sunday brunch?
Old 24-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #6412
Master Member

u say u dig for standard mah
Old 24-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #6413
High Supremacy Member

Taste is so subjective. One man's meat is another man's poison. Reviews are merely someone's opinion. If blindly followed, then would not have gone to 10@claymore at all, and miss out on a good buffet.
in tis aspect, I do not deny tat I'm biased.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #6414
Honorary Member

As long as not the day itself, then should be okay. So wanna check with him if 10 mar he tentatively okay? Then maybe 2 days b4, he can confirm. If cannot, then we reschedule?
okay can..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 24-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #6415
Arch-Supremacy Member

1. how is ur tea?

2 any sushimi?

3 wat food is available there?

4 aside from 3 ice creams what dessert did they serve?
The food is so forgettable, I only remembered the waitress in cheongsum.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #6416
Honorary Member

The food is so forgettable, I only remembered the waitress in cheongsum.
got pix bo?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 24-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #6417
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea, i read your comments, both time. Thanks for the effort, heehee.

If i'm only going for 2 buffets a month, then of cos i will seriously consider giving it a miss, but since i only try to avoid going on consecutive days, i just tot to give it a try myself.

Imo, I think its still okay considering its like $32 nett. There are better options around, but its not too shabby too.

For RV, think i will heed your warning. Imo it is also another okay buffet, if you wanna go for 'english tea' kinda of food like fancy teas, sandwiches, scrones etc and for the ambience. But i will really pay slightly more for a proper full fledge lunch buffet. Since i not impressed with it to begin with, and the stds drop ... why bother

Besides if go to RV on sat, means that the sun gone liao, and i still wanna clear marriott, santa fe, dining room, brasilico etc as well as revisit 10@claymore.

Last edited by Toons; 24-02-2011 at 12:18 AM..
Old 24-02-2011, 12:12 AM   #6418
Arch-Supremacy Member

okay can..
K, will wait for your reply. If can, then i start a post here to solicit at least 2 other players.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #6419
Arch-Supremacy Member

can u PM me or post the menu for marriott's sunday brunch?
PM cannot do attachments n i lazy to upload to those file sharing sites. PM me your email addy bah.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:14 AM   #6420
High Supremacy Member

wat about the others who were interested ley...?? if no more rose... i guess i'll be buffet-free for apr-may liao den... can replan if necessary...

as for myself... as long as still got another 3 pax interested (so 4 in total)... i think i'm ok.... besides the stupid online system can only book max 4 pax in one go...

but gotta decide fast ley... 2nd apr already can't book for 4 liao... 3rd apr just opened for booking... unless can decide NOW... else need to go for the 9th apr liao...

regards,
wacky
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.