HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #6436
High Supremacy Member

Ice cream no longer Movenpick. From the past few buffets, you should know that I take alot of ice cream. I only had 2 scoops this time round.

No sashimi. The Jap section is a joke. I wonder why they even put wasabi there when there is no raw items. Just California roll and another roll item. Salmon is smoked. Most of the savory items sucked. Big tray of white rice, another tray of bai cai, wedges, some beancurd skin stuff etc. Desserts wise, cakes only a few types, eat here eat there only that few. Scones is cold and hard.

Teas wise, typical TWG teas. If you choose a wrong tea, you will be stuck with it. I suay coz wife choose a tea that sucked, so it became mine. $29 for all that. Not worth it at all.
wat about this ley... does it look any remotely close to wat is shown in the clip...?

regards,
wacky
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #6437
High Supremacy Member

ya.. hor. y piggy cannot share tea with wifey?
wifey made wrong choice, saw piggy ordered nice tea & swopped?
Old 24-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #6438
Arch-Supremacy Member

ya... because the other buffets just sound rather common... i'm interested in the teas of RV....
Hmm, if you more interested in trying the different teas, i dunno if there are any ala carte places which let you try all their teas for a fixed $, but buffets wise, you might want to try global kitchen's buffet. Another okay buffet in my books, but i recall they had this whole range of teas which you can brew yourself and sample. I still remember we were wondering abt this assam tea. We tot how can assam be made into tea??? Assam fish yes, but assam tea? Turns out assam is a region or something? We mountain tortortises when it comes to tea, heehee, or at least i am.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #6439
Arch-Supremacy Member

wat happened to the tea tat u hv chosen? confiscated by wifey?
My Da Hong Pao kenna stolen. I ended up with the medicine tasting Silver Moon.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #6440
Arch-Supremacy Member

piggy how come u didnt ask them why no sushimi?? can take from " the line" buffet. hehe

ya.. hor. y piggy cannot share tea with wifey?
I not so thick-skin to ask. Don't have means don't have lor.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #6441
High Supremacy Member

Hmm, if you more interested in trying the different teas, i dunno if there are any ala carte places which let you try all their teas for a fixed $, but buffets wise, you might want to try global kitchen's buffet. Another okay buffet in my books, but i recall they had this whole range of teas which you can brew yourself and sample. I still remember we were wondering abt this assam tea. We tot how can assam be made into tea??? Assam fish yes, but assam tea? Turns out assam is a region or something? We mountain tortortises when it comes to tea, heehee, or at least i am.
wow... u mean global kitchen also got all kinds of teas to try..??

regards,
wacky
Old 24-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #6442
Arch-Supremacy Member

well if u see waitress walk past say some lighting... or vase... or painting... or ornaments... just pretend that the lighting/vase/painting/ornaments very nice... and take photo of it... den "shun bian" take photo of the waitress lor...

regards,
wacky
Now we know what wacky is aiming for when he takes out camera.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #6443
High Supremacy Member

piggy how come u didnt ask them why no sushimi?? can take from " the line" buffet. hehe
actually i tot the buffet buffet programme introduced it as a "dessert buffet" ...?? so if got sashimi i'd be surprised ley...

regards,
wacky
Old 24-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #6444
Arch-Supremacy Member

No sashimi???? What happened to their sashimi fridge???

Last time i went, got quite a no. of main course savoury dishes like salmon, ox tail soup, curry, lamb etc. Their dessert variety also quite big wor. Now all gone?
Where got soup? Shepherd's pie also no more. Desserts are forgettable now.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #6445
Arch-Supremacy Member

What time the buffet starts ? so the price is 39 nett for claymore dinner ?
Dinner normally 6 or 630. Even if you can only reach at 7 also does not matter cos it will only end at 10 or 1030. As you know, i will rather eat then talk, so we can definitely finish within 2 hrs, not to mention 3

Yes, $39 nett max. Might be lower depending on when they apply the less $28 voucher. You get lobsters, scallops, nice beef, and very nice lamb for that price.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #6446
High Supremacy Member

haiz... wait for standard to improve first.. otherwise.... pointless la. will be disappointed.

tea bone?
wat tea bone..??

anyway i dun go RV oso nvm de.... afterall for my reduced appetite nowadays and expanding waistline... less buffet is actually better... i just like to try something different...

regards,
wacky
Old 24-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #6447
High Supremacy Member

... but i seldom bring camera de...

regards,
wacky
Old 24-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #6448
High Supremacy Member

My Da Hong Pao kenna stolen. I ended up with the medicine tasting Silver Moon.
so nao r u convinced of my fortune telling ability
Old 24-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #6449
Arch-Supremacy Member

wow... u mean global kitchen also got all kinds of teas to try..??
Yes. I recall they have more than 10 varieties. Beta, twtan, samba raven and piggy? Wanna confirm? They were all there. I still remember piggy whacking several rounds of their rum ice cream.

Wah, and he looks so innocent ...

actually i tot the buffet buffet programme introduced it as a "dessert buffet" ...?? so if got sashimi i'd be surprised ley...
That video was quite long ago wor. It was outdated even by the time when i went mid last yr. If you're looking for something different, wanna try the italian dessert buffet at Brasilico? 15 types of italian desserts from the home recipes of their chefs.

Where got soup? Shepherd's pie also no more. Desserts are forgettable now.
Got. I still remember their oxtail soup was quite good. Sigh, a lot of items removed. Really not worth going liao.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #6450
High Supremacy Member

I not so thick-skin to ask. Don't have means don't have lor.
yalor ... u jitao go downstairs to The Line to help yrself
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.