HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #6451
Arch-Supremacy Member

so nao r u convinced of my fortune telling ability
Kaoz, simi fortune telling ability? More like typical woman unreasonableness *no offense to your wife, piggy*
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 24-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #6452
High Supremacy Member

Yes. I recall they have more than 10 varieties. Beta, twtan, samba raven and piggy? Wanna confirm? They were all there. I still remember piggy whacking several rounds of their rum ice cream.
ok... global kitchen in apr?? and at least dun need to be like RV wait exactly 39 days and rush to book...

Wah, and he looks so innocent ...
i still am.............

That video was quite long ago wor. It was outdated even by the time when i went mid last yr.
oh... well that video did made me keen on RV...

If you're looking for something different, wanna try the italian dessert buffet at Brasilico? 15 types of italian desserts from the home recipes of their chefs.
hmm... gotch link to the menu...?

regards,
wacky

Last edited by wackykid; 24-02-2011 at 01:01 AM..
Old 24-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #6453
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok... global kitchen in apr?? and at least dun need to be like RV wait exactly 39 days and rush to book...

hmm... gotch link to the menu...?
Errr, i pass. Its only so so for me, and i prefer plain water or better yet no water so more space for food. You might wanna do a post to see who interested.

No menu, but got a feature here :-

http://food.insing.com/feature/top-d...ts/id-a11e2f00

I won't really pay much attention to it considering it actually listed 'lets sweet' as 1 of the top 5 dessert buffets. Then again maybe not many dessert buffets around, its like 5th out of 5 ...

But Brasilico itself got a good reputation for quality food.

PS: if you can wait, can prolly get a review from me b4 jun too, heehee.

Last edited by Toons; 24-02-2011 at 01:10 AM..
Old 24-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #6454
High Supremacy Member

Kaoz, simi fortune telling ability? More like typical woman unreasonableness *no offense to your wife, piggy*
yr remarks on piggy's wifey, I hv no comments
fortune telling ability ... the ability to mind read lor ...
Old 24-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #6455
Supremacy Member

Toons, the 1 for 1 for claymore is weekdays dinner only?
Old 24-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #6456
High Supremacy Member

i still am.............
lol ... frankly, I dun see u as innocent

my stand is the same as the others.
move on, Wacky.
Old 24-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #6457
Arch-Supremacy Member

Toons, the 1 for 1 for claymore is weekdays dinner only?
Dun have 1:1. Its 4 pay 3 (but i heard ending feb, better call to confirm) and 'less $28' vouchers. Do a search for my posts. I posted a pic of the voucher along with its TnC here. If you want, i can pass you some.
Old 24-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #6458
Greater Supremacy Member

Dinner normally 6 or 630. Even if you can only reach at 7 also does not matter cos it will only end at 10 or 1030. As you know, i will rather eat then talk, so we can definitely finish within 2 hrs, not to mention 3

Yes, $39 nett max. Might be lower depending on when they apply the less $28 voucher. You get lobsters, scallops, nice beef, and very nice lamb for that price.
ok on. you set the date. wed or thursday is fine with me. after all i paid 30 dollars for kenny rogers and not even half full.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Last edited by Swordsman; 24-02-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Old 24-02-2011, 01:18 AM   #6459
High Supremacy Member

Dun have 1:1. Its 4 pay 3 (but i heard ending feb, better call to confirm) and 'less $28' vouchers. Do a search for my posts. I posted a pic of the voucher along with its TnC here. If you want, i can pass you some.
if only less $28, isnt 2 pax the optimal qty?
Old 24-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #6460
High Supremacy Member

Errr, i pass. Its only so so for me, and i prefer plain water or better yet no water so more space for food. You might wanna do a post to see who interested.

No menu, but got a feature here :-

http://food.insing.com/feature/top-d...ts/id-a11e2f00

I won't really pay much attention to it considering it actually listed 'lets sweet' as 1 of the top 5 dessert buffets. Then again maybe not many dessert buffets around, its like 5th out of 5 ...

But Brasilico itself got a good reputation for quality food.

PS: if you can wait, can prolly get a review from me b4 jun too, heehee.
urm ok... nvm i'll just see wat's in apr/may and decide....

lol ... frankly, I dun see u as innocent

my stand is the same as the others.
move on, Wacky.
lol... alamak u ah... wat happens in EDMW stays in EDMW... why leave ur comments here instead of there??

regards,
wacky
Old 24-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #6461
Arch-Supremacy Member

if only less $28, isnt 2 pax the optimal qty?
Yes.

2 pax, you actually pay abt $1 per pax less than the '4 pay 3' promo.
3 pax, you pay abt $3 per pax more than the '4 pay 3' promo.
4 pax, use the '4 pay 3' promo or better yet, split into 2 bills and use 2 vouchers, but you need 2 uob cards.

Its $45++ for their dinner, so you can play around with the figures yourself. Note that i assume they will only apply the 'less $28' voucher after GST and service charge, so its the worse case scenario. If they apply it earlier, the figures using vouchers will be lower.
Old 24-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #6462
Supremacy Member

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/...erica-2452461/

We don't usually name a Burger of the Year. But the Umami Burger from L.A. ain't no ordinary burger. Alan Richman breaks down the secrets of its addictive taste.

It's half beef and half beyond belief.

I arrived in Los Angeles not much taken with umami, at least not the way true believers are. Too much mysticism, not enough science. Nor did I care much for the L.A. burger culture, not like the locals. Too many toppings, not enough meat.

Then I tasted the Umami Burger, Adam Fleischman's cross-cultural merger of Japanese ingenuity and American know-how. And I thought to myself, This is a man among burger men, worthy of our adulation even if he's always wearing a T-shirt with an Umami Burger logo. (These days, even the greats can't resist self-promotion.)

Fleischman, the founder of the modest but ever expanding four-shop Umami Burger chain, has rethought every element of the hamburger experience. The bun. The meat. The ketchup. The toppings. Even valet parking. Yes, at the original Umami Burger joint on La Brea, 900 square feet of utter simplicity across the road from a Goodwill store, every burger comes with parking, the ultimate in West Coast customer service.

Related: The 5 Best Burgers in NYC

Elsewhere in L.A., the burger world is in disarray. So desperate is the situation, so uncertain are the natives, that at least one establishment specializing in burgers is flying in chopped meat from the LaFrieda purveyors in Manhattan. The old L.A. order—In-N-Out Burger, Fatburger, Bob's Big Boy, Tommy's—is in retreat.

Fleischman's savory umami master sauce puts to shame other "secret sauces," which tend to be orange goo. His organic housemade version of MSG might well carry the DNA for umami (assuming you believe umami exists). His umami-loaded ketchup tastes like a purer, fresher, tinglier clone of Heinz. He defines his discoveries as fulfilling a craving for "that which cannot be explained."

His face belongs on the Mount Rushmore of the burger world.

Who is this man? I sat down with him, and he brushed aside his life in a dozen words: Born in New York. Liberal-arts grad. Owned wine bars. Sold them. That's it. (His wife and kids didn't come up until later. She likes her burgers well-done, which doesn't please him. His son calls his father's masterpiece the "mommy burger," which does.) It is as though he lived an inconsequential existence until being reborn as a burger man, fated to do little else, although now he's thinking about an umami pizza chain.

See Also: Burger King's "Secret Weapon"

Umami, heralded by Japanese scientists as the fifth taste (after the basics of sweet, sour, bitter, salty), is voodoo science to me. Others are convinced of its authenticity, based on the alleged discovery of a taste bud for glutamate, the building block of the umami concept.

Fleischman is credible because he has focused on flavor, not chemistry. He studied umami tastes, most of them having to do with aging or fermentation, and made certain they were sprinkled on, poured into, and piled atop his burgers. I tasted his patty the American way, plain, with nothing on it, and it was pure and wonderful. I tasted it the Asian way, served with toppings, rubs, and sauces, and a different sort of brilliance emerged. It was deeper, more sensuous, both head-spinning and mind-expanding.

He's also created a Peking-duck burger with hoisin sauce, a crabmeat burger with lemon-miso dressing, and a Stink Burger incorporating anchovies, onions marinated in fish sauce, and ripe Taleggio cheese. It's clear that he has looked into the heart of the burger and seen what others have not.
Old 24-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #6463
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol... alamak u ah... wat happens in EDMW stays in EDMW... why leave ur comments here instead of there??
Wacky gena sexposed there? Post the link to the EDMW thread?
Old 24-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #6464
High Supremacy Member

Wacky gena sexposed there? Post the link to the EDMW thread?
better dun u will regret de, trust me tat's oso precisely the reason y I do not wanna comment on it over there
Old 24-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #6465
Arch-Supremacy Member

better dun u will regret de, trust me tat's oso precisely the reason y I do not wanna comment on it over there
Huh? If the EDMW thread it is abt wacky, why would i regret it?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.