HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #6886
Supremacy Member

I'm saying... Beta ditch Val and me to go to some "dirty" bar.

dirty mean got ish haunted de ar...
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 25-02-2011, 12:58 AM   #6887
Arch-Supremacy Member

Barossa is this Sunday right? Esplanade one still?
Still on. Yes, the main outlet at esplanade.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #6888
Supremacy Member

Still on. Yes, the main outlet at esplanade.
tml dun forget give mi a call hor..
Old 25-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #6889
Supremacy Member

Paiseh, tot you updated it. Btw, there is no link to the menu in the post you quoted mah.
thanks see u on NEXT sunday!
i almost thought its this coming 1!

Last edited by Kazana_Chris; 25-02-2011 at 01:03 AM..
Old 25-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #6890
Arch-Supremacy Member

tml dun forget give mi a call hor..
Orkay. Might have prob. Some of the reservists pulled a disappearing stunt this morning. The guy in charge of us damn pissed. Held us back until 5pm. I really not sure if those guys will do the same thing tomorrow or if the guy in charge will continue to hold back our out proc or not ...
Old 25-02-2011, 01:09 AM   #6891
Master Member

thanks see u on NEXT sunday!
i almost thought its this coming 1!
erm.. who hav the card? where did it state 50% discount?
Old 25-02-2011, 01:12 AM   #6892
Arch-Supremacy Member

erm.. who hav the card? where did it state 50% discount?
Errr, i assume it works like the rest of those hotel cards, eg FAR?
Old 25-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #6893
Master Member

so far i read only 10 % discount hor..........
Old 25-02-2011, 01:26 AM   #6894
Master Member

based on lovejade's quoted menu, i delete those i did not try. those i did not see = not available.
uploaded some photos. pardon the quality, moreover it's at night. for nicer brighter photos, please refer to twtan and toon's photos earlier from their trip

thursday BUFFET MENU Claymore

“LIVE” STATION
Lunch - Penang Hokkien Noodle Soup --> if this is penang prawn noodle soup, me and my partner like it. not bad. at first the soup doesn't seems flavorful, after few sips getting better.

Dinner - Tempura Prawn and Vegetables --> not available

PLATES OF PLEASURE (Dinner Only)
US Angus Beef Tenderloin --> i got it medium well. nice. one of my favorite items.

US Berkshire Pork Sausage --> strong seasoning. not bad too.

US Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb --> i'm not a lamb person, however since it was highly raved by the buffetlicious pioneers, tried. not bad. tender. lamb fats.
but my partner who eat certain lamb don't like that because too soft.

US Turkey Casserole --> both of us said it taste weird. for me i think it taste like slight herbal duck

US Kurobuta Pork T-Bone --> no try

US Wagyu Beef Burger --> partner likes this, said it was juicy. i think it is not bad too. twtan commented it was dry during his visit.

HOT CHAFER
Gratinated Mussels --> saw Fisherman's Pot instead. as you can see, it is mixed of clams, mussels, prawns, scallops, lobster legs?
Old 25-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #6895
Master Member

Artichoke and Beans Casserole with Prosciutto --> not available
Gratinated Cauliflower with Cheese --> didn't get to try as they replaced Roasted Zucchini the 2nd round, but here are both their pictures.

Chicken Breasts with Porcini and Button Mushroom Ragout --> quite tough and dry. however the mushroom ragout is veryyyy nice.
Roasted Lamb with Herb Mint Jus --> heavier lamb taste. partner prefer this to rack of lamb. i don't and you know why.

rotating anti clockwise : swordfish, black pepper beef (in addition), mixed vegetables, chicken breast
Old 25-02-2011, 01:27 AM   #6896
Master Member

ASIAN
Spinach with Chinese Mushrooms --> not available
Pork Trotter Vinegar --> over the phone the lady told me today have but i did not see it at all
Curry Seabass --> not available

Penang Char Koay Teow --> kuay teow quite hard
Scallops Fried Rice -- > not available. have another type of fried rice. not bad.

rotating anti clockwise: mussels n clams from fisherman's pot, roasted zucchini, roasted lamb, fried rice, kway teow, sweet sour pork with lychee.

DESSERTS --> are generally quite nice.

Old 25-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #6897
Arch-Supremacy Member

so far i read only 10 % discount hor..........
Yea, it is not like the usual hotel privilege cards. No wonder its foc, heehee. Only 10% for normal and 20% for the prestige version.

based on lovejade's quoted menu, i delete those i did not try. those i did not see = not available.

PLATES OF PLEASURE (Dinner Only)
US Angus Beef Tenderloin --> i got it medium well. nice. one of my favorite items.

US Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb --> i'm not a lamb person, however since it was highly raved by the buffetlicious pioneers, tried. not bad. tender. lamb fats.
but my partner who eat certain lamb don't like that because too soft.

US Kurobuta Pork T-Bone --> no try
Yea, the beef was nice too, but we all loved the lamb more, heehee. Hmmm, the t bone also nice cos it had a charred taste to it.

Btw, how many of you? 2 right? Cos you said that they apply the -28 voucher b4 gst and service, but if only 2 of you, it will only be $90, which is short of the minimum spending of $100 required. Well, if they take the gross amt against the minimum spending, but apply the voucher b4 gst and service charge, then i am all for it, heehee.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #6898
Master Member

Yea, it is not like the usual hotel privilege cards. No wonder its foc, heehee. Only 10% for normal and 20% for the prestige version.

Yea, the beef was nice too, but we all loved the lamb more, heehee. Hmmm, the t bone also nice cos it had a charred taste to it.

Btw, how many of you? 2 right? Cos you said that they apply the -28 voucher b4 gst and service, but if only 2 of you, it will only be $90, which is short of the minimum spending of $100 required. Well, if they take the gross amt against the minimum spending, but apply the voucher b4 gst and service charge, then i am all for it, heehee.
oo i did not remember you guys commented on the T bone pork.

yes, 2. that was why the staffs over the counter was calculating first if we were able to utilize the voucher. once they done, they keyed in for billing. they will take the total amount, however discount before gst and svc charge

i went through the pics you and twtan posted, there were so many dishes that today don't have. which is a pity .
i yesterday received your voucher. today faster plan go before march 6. by right is today friday planned to go, but no plates of pleasure. so push back yesterday's plans and run for this first.
Old 25-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #6899
Master Member

shalome !! not bad !! thanks for being so detail thanks for taking time so late to write review for us !!

i see choco pudding i see cheese cakes !
Old 25-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #6900
Master Member

twtan: dont forget to stick shalome review.

oo i did not remember you guys commented on the T bone pork.

yes, 2. that was why the staffs over the counter was calculating first if we were able to utilize the voucher. once they done, they keyed in for billing. they will take the total amount, however discount before gst and svc charge

i went through the pics you and twtan posted, there were so many dishes that today don't have. which is a pity .
i yesterday received your voucher. today faster plan go before march 6. by right is today friday planned to go, but no plates of pleasure. so push back yesterday's plans and run for this first.
i still dont understand how it is being billed.... coz wat toons say make sense

so analytic....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.