HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #9511
Arch-Supremacy Member

I didn't know the tea so expensive, else I will not order it.
Well, i think its decent grade longjing tea.

For wan hao @ marriott, if i dun remember wrongly, theirs is the more typical, 1 pot of tea charge a couple of dollars. I still prefer plain water, but i think kunoichi wants the tea to wash down all the oil and greasiness of the dim sum. This one i dun mind the tea, but i will ask them to remove all the other rubbish.

Toons, your homework, please.
Have to be monday, cos i dl the photos to my office pc.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.

Last edited by Toons; 11-03-2011 at 10:32 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #9512
Supremacy Member

wo seh.. the fish dishes look damn shiokkkkkkkkkkk.. however i dont know why i cringe everytime i see soonhock being fried.. i still like it steamed
Old 11-03-2011, 10:50 PM   #9513
High Supremacy Member

I just feel super guilty cos i know that foie gras super high calories or is it cholesterol (maybe both), so i only eat like 3-4 slices, heeeheee.
ya, foie gras is very unhealthy one, super fattening & very high in cholesterol.
wah ... 3-4 slices is considered *ahem* only huh?

Prefer the carousel high tea. Spread is much wdier.
tot u always hiam their ice-cream 3 boring flavours nia

I heard from Dennyz that crabs were not fed at all cos they feed on rotting meat and you can't feed them that here due to strict AVA rules. So they basically just starve and start to shrink. Thats why the crabs which were not sold off become much smaller.
oh, u mean once crabs reached sg, they dun get to eat ar? From wat u hv said, tat means one shd avoid buying small crabs no?

At least the goose get to eat til it dies. I will rather die a 'full ghost' than a starving one.
I'm not against eating foie gras cos poultry (not pets ) r meant to be eaten in the 1st place. Juz feel tat the breeder r so inhumane to inflict such cruel & brutal actions on helpless living things for their profiting motives.

i know they is tio forced fed lah
but i nv try before mah. but i see people eat like say until very gelat so i think i also cant eat much.
but still must hoot! some
I hv not eaten foie gras b4. Not sure if I will eat cos when there is demand, there will be supply.

Last edited by Missumuch; 11-03-2011 at 10:52 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #9514
Master Member

the marriott dim sum ocbc 4for3 until when ah? end of march?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #9515
Master Member

wo seh.. the fish dishes look damn shiokkkkkkkkkkk.. however i dont know why i cringe everytime i see soonhock being fried.. i still like it steamed
yap yap. looks so nice.

toons, beta: poor fishy. the fish head u guys also wanna attack

twtan: u finally met my denny !

missumuch: did u know they have an story teller amist them yesterday during dinner time that tell fiction tales? spreading untrue rubbish. how can he be so dumb to think that dining with someone equate to having a intimate relationship like a couple !

Yes. i am very disgusted! and not for the first time. apparantly this person thinks that he has all the correct infor and is facts and think he is very kind if he share it with you guys.

Sorry i don think agree. i know the mouth is his. but the fact that is reveal about me is definitely NOT TRUE!

Last edited by lovejade; 11-03-2011 at 11:00 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #9516
Master Member

I hv not eaten foie gras b4. Not sure if I will eat cos when there is demand, there will be supply.
yep. well, for me i is stop eating sharkfin. only weddings then eat lorh.

As long as you take it hot, you will not feel gelat, or at least i dun. If cold liao, then you will get that fatty, greasy facid taste. I just feel super guilty cos i know that foie gras super high calories or is it cholesterol (maybe both), so i only eat like 3-4 slices, heeeheee.
ya lorh. i also scared of the cholesterol.. no dare eat too much.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #9517
Honorary Member

i think i will return to the Sichuan Dou Hua again ~

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #9518
Honorary Member

the soon hocks are nice.. even the Tilapias which i dont really eat is nice n no muddy taste!

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #9519
Master Member

i think i will return to the Sichuan Dou Hua again ~
bring me n denny along.... wonder if toons wanna go yum yum again.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #9520
Honorary Member

but the beef denny ate like knock me out.. really burning for me.. i love the tea! next time i try ba bao cha!

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #9521
Master Member

missumuch: i am very disgusted! simply ....disgusted with people who have such behavior. yuck!

beta: why do u like this place so much that make u wanna go in the first place?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #9522
Honorary Member

i get facinated by all these tea stunt man.. i like to dine at high level places too.. i duno why.. i just feel good.. relax..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #9523
Supremacy Member

Prefer the carousel high tea. Spread is much wdier.

Actually they had quite a lot of desserts. 6 items in all - Sesame ball, tangyuan, mango pudding, red bean pancake, dou hua with wolfberries and fruit platter.

At least the goose get to eat til it dies. I heard from Dennyz that crabs were not fed at all cos they feed on rotting meat and you can't feed them that here due to strict AVA rules. So they basically just starve and start to shrink. Thats why the crabs which were not sold off become much smaller. Theirs were a worse fate imo. I will rather die a 'full ghost' than a starving one.
Hmmmm actually not all crabs coming in from neighboring countries i.e. Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand are fed with rotting meat.

AVA requirements are pretty stringent in the "Crab"department. It has to be from a licensed source if it's wild, meaning the contact/supplier/middleman must have the proper paperwork to certify its safe for consumption etc. somewhat like an ISO.

Another requirement would be the crabs gotta be Farmed and in this case they're actually fed proper meals not rotten meat.

I think it's a common misbelief that crabs eat rotting meat because they're scavengers and scour at the bottom of the mangrove river or seabed. Then like that means we are eating **** lor? Because some vegetables are still "fed" pig poo poo as fertilizers wor?

Anyway, crabs dont shrink else their shell will moult? They only get bigger thats why they moult. Smaller? Maybe the flesh shrink but not the body of the crab

The only thing seafood i know that shrinks in size is Fish

Pardon my cheong hey story.. I like the part u mentioned die a 'full ghost'.. LOL!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 PM   #9524
Arch-Supremacy Member

but the beef denny ate like knock me out.. really burning for me.. i love the tea! next time i try ba bao cha!
Yea, that plate of beef was the hottest item we ate. Eat til my tongue numb. Hmmm, now i finally know the difference between numb and hot. Although my tongue was numb, i dun really feel hot, unlike in the past when i ate some 'hot' dishes and i start perspiring and nose start running.

Edit : i understand that there is an even hotter dish on their menu, but we did not order it. Already that plate of beef was so hot that our tongues were numb from eating it. Cannot envision an even hotter dish ... i still wanna taste the rest of the food n its a bit hard to do so with a numb tongue.

Last edited by Toons; 11-03-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #9525
Supremacy Member

the soon hocks are nice.. even the Tilapias which i dont really eat is nice n no muddy taste!
The pink tilapia tummy area fatty anot? If not fatty and no muddy taste i think they got inject some special ''chemical''. Hear say from my fishing sifu who's a fish monger. Never dwell much into that topic with him so cant comment much.

Anyway most pink tilapia now farmed with very very swee conditions liao. I too love pink tilapia. Shiokzz!!

Seems like u all commented the soon hock nice.. so i guess its cooked perfectly.. The fried soonhocks i ate all fried with high oil temp Can't taste the sweetness and tenderness of the flesh
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.