HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #9526
Arch-Supremacy Member

bring me n denny along.... wonder if toons wanna go yum yum again.
Sure, nice food, great company, lots of fishes ... i'm in

Hmmmm actually not all crabs coming in from neighboring countries i.e. Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand are fed with rotting meat.

Anyway, crabs dont shrink else their shell will moult? They only get bigger thats why they moult. Smaller? Maybe the flesh shrink but not the body of the crab

The only thing seafood i know that shrinks in size is Fish

Pardon my cheong hey story.. I like the part u mentioned die a 'full ghost'.. LOL!!!
Yea, i meant the flesh will shrink within the shell.
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #9527
Supremacy Member

Sure, nice food, great company, lots of fishes ... i'm in

Yea, i meant the flesh will shrink within the shell.
Orhhhhh.. anyway the crabs also cant be fed once in SG.. bo water mah! All kept in Stylofoam box liao

Anyway "kosong" crab very easy to tell one lah.. Just need to molest the crab abit.. And i think its "kosong" due to lack of water
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #9528
Arch-Supremacy Member

The pink tilapia tummy area fatty anot? If not fatty and no muddy taste i think they got inject some special ''chemical''. Hear say from my fishing sifu who's a fish monger. Never dwell much into that topic with him so cant comment much.

Anyway most pink tilapia now farmed with very very swee conditions liao. I too love pink tilapia. Shiokzz!!

Seems like u all commented the soon hock nice.. so i guess its cooked perfectly.. The fried soonhocks i ate all fried with high oil temp Can't taste the sweetness and tenderness of the flesh
Wor, you're a fish expert. Yea, the belly area of the tilapia was fatty, a bit similar to salmon belly. I whacked it Got just a tiny bit of muddly taste, but the use of the garlic gavy actually helped to mask it for the steamed tilapia. For the fried one, the frying process and use of the sweet thai sauce helped.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #9529
Master Member

The pink tilapia tummy area fatty anot? If not fatty and no muddy taste i think they got inject some special ''chemical''. Hear say from my fishing sifu who's a fish monger. Never dwell much into that topic with him so cant comment much.

Anyway most pink tilapia now farmed with very very swee conditions liao. I too love pink tilapia. Shiokzz!!

Seems like u all commented the soon hock nice.. so i guess its cooked perfectly.. The fried soonhocks i ate all fried with high oil temp Can't taste the sweetness and tenderness of the flesh
fish expert, when are u gg fishy? *grin grin*

all i hav for dinner is maggi
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #9530

Orhhhhh.. anyway the crabs also cant be fed once in SG.. bo water mah! All kept in Stylofoam box liao

Anyway "kosong" crab very easy to tell one lah.. Just need to molest the crab abit.. And i think its "kosong" due to lack of water
huh? how to molest the crab..?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #9531
Master Member

huh? how to molest the crab..?
use ur hand, touch the chest area. see if hard or soft.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #9532
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually, its also about the same with our sock hock. You basically get the nice crispy taste of fried stuff. Just that the fried fish in other buffets normally not so fresh, so got fishy smell, but the ones we had there were fresh, so taste good.

I actually preferred the steamed tilapia and sea bass. Can taste the sweetness n tenderness of the fish as you mentioned.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #9533
Arch-Supremacy Member

Serial crab molester spotted!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #9534
High Supremacy Member

but the beef denny ate like knock me out.. really burning for me.. i love the tea! next time i try ba bao cha!
u mean denny can tahan the burning sensation? haha, I'm not surprised if he can ... tink he chiong quite a lot of mala steamboats
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #9535
High Supremacy Member

crab ... which side den is chest
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #9536

if meat shrink will soft soft de ah?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #9537
Honorary Member

u mean denny can tahan the burning sensation? haha, I'm not surprised if he can ... tink he chiong quite a lot of mala steamboats
he was sweating.. lol

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #9538
Honorary Member

i think quite fatty.. btw u can fish this from the longkangs right?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #9539
Honorary Member

Yea, that plate of beef was the hottest item we ate. Eat til my tongue numb. Hmmm, now i finally know the difference between numb and hot. Although my tongue was numb, i dun really feel hot, unlike in the past when i ate some 'hot' dishes and i start perspiring and nose start running.

Edit : i understand that there is an even hotter dish on their menu, but we did not order it. Already that plate of beef was so hot that our tongues were numb from eating it. Cannot envision an even hotter dish ... i still wanna taste the rest of the food n its a bit hard to do so with a numb tongue.
yeah Denny pointed it out to me that theres spicier dishes.. lol.. i tink i will down more cups of tea ~

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #9540
High Supremacy Member

he was sweating.. lol
o rly?
rast time the steamboats I mentioned he all oso jiak b4 I tot he simi mala steamboat expert!
cheh!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.