HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 2 (OT posts will be deleted or edited)

Like Tree7107Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2011, 02:16 AM   #1396
High Supremacy Member

better than mac, lose to carl juniors..
so does that mean is a good or a no good?? and how is it compared to BK..?? i guess i could try if it's not worse than BK...

regards,
wacky
Old 15-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #1397
Master Member

Came back from Kushi Yakitori today,

I can say its not worth the price. Went for the 68++ with wife, found out seasonal fish is only 1 serving per TABLE. and the seasonal fish is tasteless anyway.

The tuna belly(toro) is a real letdown, even the toro at Manpuku at Tampines one is MUCH better then this. Absolutely dissapointing, my wife only ate 1 piece out of the 3 pieces. I didnt want to touch it either.

Now the oysters, typical kind that i get from Sheng Shiong. wtf?
Taste wise its not sweet at all. yucks.

Lobster soup, hmm, its like miso soup with 2 piece of lobster inside. hmm, lots of msg, had to drink lots of green tea, didnt even finish the soup.

Hamachi kama is OK, tasteless but edible.

Wagyu beef, meat is not so tender as expected, the quality i get from the butcher at parkway is 5x better then what they served. Didnt even finish it, like eating some low quality beef.

Salmon belly is not inside the 68++ menu, wtf? Waitress said its only ala carte.

Lau sai 8x tonight.

Good points:

Scallop was sweet, but slightly slimy(not fresh)

Hamachi was OK, not sweet but edible.

Ebi was interesting, huge raw prawn. Slightly slimy again(not fresh).

Raw beef with raw egg is not bad, cant imagine eating more then one serving though.

Conclusion, AVOID.

Overall, my experience so far with jap raw food is, either tatsuya for EXCELLENT seasonal fishes, handrolls, Toro & Uni.

OR

Parkway Sakuraya for small to medium bites of Hamachi, Kamachi, Hand rolls and other assorted stuff, not so bad.
Old 15-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #1398
Master Member

have you guys heard of TANYOTO 谭鱼头 steamboat @ Liang Court?

I have read it in another forum, searched for reviews and seems like reviews not bad. One of them is HGW another is from CC. However the price seems on the high side.

HGW reviews: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/tanyoto/

Now there is a deal on this, at $24 nett for the BUFFET. But is only for supper time, which is 9pm-2am. Usually this timing eat buffet not very good, though some of us here have buffet outings for dinner which will finish the meal about 10pm, so sama sama.

50% Off on TANYOTO 谭鱼头 Steamboat Supper Buffet (Clark Quay Flagship) @ $24nett including Soup Base & Free Flow Plum Juice

Interested on an outing to there? The soup seems to be using fish head but not too sure. The website said will try to get menu from the merchant and upload. Need to register for account to purchase. I will always ask my friends to buy the vouchers themselves in case some one back out.
Old 15-01-2011, 03:27 AM   #1399
Master Member

I can say its not worth the price. Went for the 68++ with wife, found out seasonal fish is only 1 serving per TABLE. and the seasonal fish is tasteless anyway.

The tuna belly(toro) is a real letdown, even the toro at Manpuku at Tampines one is MUCH better then this. Absolutely dissapointing, my wife only ate 1 piece out of the 3 pieces. I didnt want to touch it either.

Lobster soup, hmm, its like miso soup with 2 piece of lobster inside. hmm, lots of msg, had to drink lots of green tea, didnt even finish the soup.

Wagyu beef, meat is not so tender as expected, the quality i get from the butcher at parkway is 5x better then what they served. Didnt even finish it, like eating some low quality beef.

Salmon belly is not inside the 68++ menu, wtf? Waitress said its only ala carte.

Lau sai 8x tonight.

Good points:

Raw beef with raw egg is not bad, cant imagine eating more then one serving though.

Conclusion, AVOID.

Overall, my experience so far with jap raw food is, either tatsuya for EXCELLENT seasonal fishes, handrolls, Toro & Uni.

OR

Parkway Sakuraya for small to medium bites of Hamachi, Kamachi, Hand rolls and other assorted stuff, not so bad.
hmm, first time i see reviews quite bad for kushi.
hope you are better, after laosai-ing for 8x.
Old 15-01-2011, 07:53 AM   #1400
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have read it in another forum, searched for reviews and seems like reviews not bad. One of them is HGW another is from CC. However the price seems on the high side.

Now there is a deal on this, at $24 nett for the BUFFET. But is only for supper time, which is 9pm-2am. Usually this timing eat buffet not very good, though some of us here have buffet outings for dinner which will finish the meal about 10pm, so sama sama.

50% Off on TANYOTO 谭鱼头 Steamboat Supper Buffet (Clark Quay Flagship) @ $24nett including Soup Base & Free Flow Plum Juice

Interested on an outing to there? The soup seems to be using fish head but not too sure. The website said will try to get menu from the merchant and upload. Need to register for account to purchase. I will always ask my friends to buy the vouchers themselves in case some one back out.
Some buffet places use such promotion to clear their leftover dinner items. I worry that this place uses the same tactics. Otherwise the timing actually suits me well. After work I can pop by. Lol.
Old 15-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #1401
Great Supremacy Member

Lau sai 8x tonight.

Good points:

Conclusion, AVOID.

OR

got so jialat meh

that time we eat quite fresh leh
seeyourhead_jiejie likes this.
Old 15-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #1402
Greater Supremacy Member

so does that mean is a good or a no good?? and how is it compared to BK..?? i guess i could try if it's not worse than BK...

regards,
wacky
1 thing i like about wendy's is pipping hot burger, i would say not bad. some of bk burger is better than wendy's but lose out on freshness/pipping hot.

It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life alone.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #1403
Greater Supremacy Member

Beach Road FC's cai peng at B1 not bad wat. The chicken rice and ayam penyet at B1 also not bad. Upstairs the Jin Hua Fish Bee Hoon, tiong bahru roast pork rice and char kway tiao also not bad. The Jap food is decent and not pricey.
beach road food centre ? you refering to army market ?

ayam penyet is small in portion, x2 can be very pricey.

where are all these stalls ? alll at beach road fc or amy market ?

Old 15-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #1404
Greater Supremacy Member

Lau sai 8x tonight.

Good points:

Conclusion, AVOID.

OR

I'm not a seasoned veteran with japanese food, that time my 1st outing not bad lar, hungry anything whack inside mouth. hungry ghost see me also scared of me.

As i not a big fan of raw/ice cold jap food. to me not very worth it. but for those who are should be ok bah.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #1405
Greater Supremacy Member

Does this steamboat buffet have a divider to put 2 soup ? as he don't really like people take his food or see food he don't like dumped into steamboat. so must say divde territory. like dmz

Old 15-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #1406
Greater Supremacy Member

Some buffet places use such promotion to clear their leftover dinner items. I worry that this place uses the same tactics. Otherwise the timing actually suits me well. After work I can pop by. Lol.
the steamboat buffet recommend by missyoumuch also can try..

its called chongqing steamboat at middle road.

The thing is either you make a reservation or you queue up patiently.. i got no patience to wait so didn't get to try the steamboat yesterday.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #1407

y not try SUAN THAI Buffet @ Liang COurt. ? is not bad...
iirc, $16.80 ++

http://www.suanthai101.com/buffet_std.htm
Official EDMW Tag Heuer Watch Owners Club. - 41th member
Official Cat Owners - 15th member ~meow~

♥☼ |ink|iN paRk & tOk|o hoTe| ♥☼
Old 15-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #1408
Greater Supremacy Member

EAT ALL YOU CAN

BUFFET A LA CARTE

*Menu may be subject to changes without prior notice

Minimum 2 persons

GREEN MANGO SALAD

POMELO SALAD

DEEP FRIED EGG BEANCURD WITH SPECIAL SAUCE

CLEAR NOODLE SALAD

THAI PAPAYA SALAD

THAI SPRING ROLL

THAI FISH CAKE

TOM YAM SOUP WITH CHICKEN

*TOM YAM SOUP WITH PRAWNS

CLEAR SOUP WITH SOFT BEANCURD & CHICKEN

CHICKEN OR BEEF WITH CASHEW NUT

GREEN CURRY WITH CHICKEN OR BEEF

PANANG CURRY WITH SLICE FISH FILET

*BONELESS STUFFED CHICKEN WING

*CHICKEN WRAPPED IN PANDAN LEAF

CHICKEN WITH BASIL LEAVES AND EGGPLANT

STIRRED FRIED LONG BEANS WITH THAI CHILLI SAUCE

*THAI STYLE CHICKEN SATAY

DEEP FRIED FISH FILLET WITH SWEET, SOURCE & SPICY SAUCE

STIR FRIED FISH WITH CHINESE CELERY

*STIR FRIED MIXED SEAFOOD WITH BASIL & LONG BEANS

*DEEP FRIED SQUID WITH GARLIC

THAI BABY KAI LAN WITH SALTED FISH

STIR FRIED MIXED VEGETABLE WITH OYSTER SAUCE

STEAMED RICE

DESSERT

THAI RED RUBY

STEAMED TAPIOCA

MIXED FRUITS

LUNCH - MON TO FRI : $16.90++ PER ADULT, $12.00++ PER CHILD (4-10YRS)
LUNCH - SAT, SUN & PH : $17.90++ PER ADULT, $13.00++ PER CHILD (4-10YRS)
DINNER - MON TO THURS : $18.90++ PER ADULT, $14.00++ PER CHILD (4-10YRS)
DINNER - FRI TO SUN, EVE OF PH & PH : $19.90++ PER ADULT, $15.00++ PER CHILD (4-10YRS)

Add $1.50+ for free flow of pineapple fried rice

Add $1.99+ for free flow of iced lemon tea

*ONE TIME ORDER ONLY

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING RESPONSIBLY. WASTAGE CHARGE AT $2.00 PER PERSON FOR UNCONSUMED FOOD APPLIES.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #1409
Greater Supremacy Member

bonless stuff chicken wing, if got bone how ? i can "shoot" the manager until cry ? so many items 1 time order only.. now this is the new strategy... better items 1 time order. not good items unlimited.

Old 15-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #1410
Arch-Supremacy Member

y not try SUAN THAI Buffet @ Liang COurt. ? is not bad...
iirc, $16.80 ++

http://www.suanthai101.com/buffet_std.htm
Think i read from reviews that the food not so nice, only the once off items can make it.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.