HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #1711

Main course dishes.

Braised Lamb Shoulder - Very tender and tasted like 红烧排骨. The meat sit on top of some spinach and what tasted like very buttery scramble eggs. Somehow the flavour not to my liking.

All Natural Grilled Sirloin - Medium doneness and very juicy.

Seared Diver Scallops - Three pieces scallops seared on the outside and still raw inside, soft but not mushy and still have some bite to it.

And the damages:

Service is excellent but the buffet spread is limited, mainly cold dishes and desserts. Even with the discount it still cost each of us $52. Overall a good experience for me and the views from high above is breath taking but most likely will not be back unless for a very good reason.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session

Last edited by twtan14; 09-04-2011 at 06:39 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #1712

And they do have some nice collections of wines and hard liqueurs.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #1713
Arch-Supremacy Member

K, my share of the homework for today’s Equinox outing. The view is fantastic, especially since the restaurant took advantage of its height by installing ceiling to floor glass walls. Found the view better than compared to other restaurants located at high floors tat I went to b4, eg, Sichun Douhua, or the Skypark at MBS. Maybe the location is better. The view at evening time around sunset time should be spectacular. No wonder beta like to bring gals here …

Took many photos, but I like this one.

They had 3 types of sashimi – salmon, tuna n dunno wat. Anyways, I went for the salmon as usual. Very good salmon, fresh n fatty.

Foie gras!!! This was the special SEARED version tat I asked for. You can compare it to the ‘normal’ version posted by twtan.

Sinfully divine even though its only duck liver instead of goose liver. You can see the fats n oil oozing out … yea, ended up eating 4 pieces Well twtan n samba each ate 3 too, n twtan would have gone for the 4th helping too if not for his tummy discomfort )PS: its not just wholemeal bread but bread made from 100% wholemeal flour)
Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #1714
Arch-Supremacy Member

They had a lot of cold appertisers, pretty presented.

Yes, we ate the flowers too, though twtan did not. Prob likes flowers too much to eat them, heehee.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #1715
Arch-Supremacy Member

Time for the main course! It’s a semi buffet with only 1 order of main course, so we had high hopes for the main course. So did they disappoint? Well, read on

We tried 3 different main courses. This is the lamb shoulder that twtan n me ate.

Really very tender n flavorful. Nice lambey taste but not overpowering.

The more fatty portion of my lamb … yum yum.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #1716
Arch-Supremacy Member

The scallops which beta ordered.

The centre of the scallops were slightly undercooked, but the scallops still tasted nice and fresh.

The beef sirloin which samba ate.

Very nicely done. Juicy, tender with nice flavor.

All in all, the main courses were tasty. Did not disappoint. In fact I could have ate a few more portions, sigh.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #1717
Arch-Supremacy Member

So I compensate for my disappointment by going for yet another plate of salmon sashimi. Twtan whacked the Ikura sushi, I whacked the salmon sashimi

Vanilla and green tea ice cream. Both good. You can see tiny bits of vanilla seed in the vanilla ice cream. Both rich and flavourful but not overly sweet. Yummy!

Thanks to Beta, Samba n Twtan for having lunch with me. Especially to Beta for sharing the use of his FAR card. Nice place, nice company, nice food. Can really get used to this ... too bad my wallet can’t take it
Old 09-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #1718
Master Member

They have quite a few types of desserts but we were stopped from taking photo so showing only 3 types here. Samba may have the rest of the desserts pictures.
I usually boycott places that refuse to let people take food photos.
What is wrong with taking pictures
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #1719
Master Member

And the damages:

Service is excellent but the buffet spread is limited, mainly cold dishes and desserts. Even with the discount it still cost each of us $52. Overall a good experience for me and the views from high above is breath taking but most likely will not be back unless for a very good reason.
how to get the FAR discount? where to apply?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #1720
Arch-Supremacy Member

I usually boycott places that refuse to let people take food photos.
What is wrong with taking pictures
Well, their place, their rules. I can sympathise tat sometimes it can be disruptive to other diners. There was once or twice, i end up having to wait as someone was taking photo of the food. Also, i do not like to accidentally end up in someone else's photos, even though the main focus is the food.

Anyways, they did not stop us from taking photos of the food at our table. Wat i can't stand are restaurants which refuse to serve plain water ... n make diners pay for overpriced mineral water.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #1721
Arch-Supremacy Member

how to get the FAR discount? where to apply?
Short for Feed at Raffles card. Its a dining privilege card for the fnb outlets at the Raffles chain of hotels. You need to pay a couple of hundreds for the card + some dining vouchers i think. Not sure of the exact charges, but you can google for it n the application form.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #1722
Master Member

ya the western quite famous also。。
seen the otak looks gd。。
anyway the gd i mention here is vote by ppl went on tv de。。
i found the western so so only, not big deal, but then i don't eat beef so usually order chicken chop.

But i like the otah fish head very nice. (But i don't know which store cause always go with my friend she will buy for me).

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #1723
Master Member

So I compensate for my disappointment by going for yet another plate of salmon sashimi. Twtan whacked the Ikura sushi, I whacked the salmon sashimi

V
Some of the food looks good, in particular the foie grass and the salmon sashimi. However the oyster looks quite dried out. The pictures also come out good.

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 09-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #1724
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some of the food looks good, in particular the foie grass and the salmon sashimi. However the oyster looks quite dried out. The pictures also come out good.

The oysters definitely not dried out. I only took 1 n it was juicy. Found it okay, but then again, i dun eat much oysters, so i wun know a good oyster from a bad oyster, unless it is really not fresh n smells/slimy etc. Beta said they were fresh though.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #1725
Arch-Supremacy Member

I beg to differ. The view, excellent foie gras, main course, fresh oysters and salmon sashimi (or ikura sushi in your case) are easily worth the $52. Of cos if you only eat 1 portion of foie gras, 1 oyster, a few slices of sashimi, then different case, heehee.

Not to mention if its only 2 paxs, it will just be $34.70! So thks beta for bring the whole lot of us rather than 1 of your gfs

Last edited by Toons; 09-04-2011 at 09:09 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.