HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #1741

what food does the dining room serves? any special on thursday? gotch seafood?

most likely will join, u all know roughly what food they serve?

hope to get back the buffet syndrome

You long time no join us. See the pictures here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh...45357&page=107

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #1742
High Supremacy Member

what food does the dining room serves? any special on thursday? gotch seafood?

most likely will join, u all know roughly what food they serve?

hope to get back the buffet syndrome
wow long time haven heard from u liao..!!

regards,
wacky
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #1743
Arch-Supremacy Member

i think u overdid it... it's too bright and sharp until looks not so natural..

for eg the lamb shoulder... beef sirlion... and to certain extent the oysters... i feel kinda over-did with the brightening... and most other photos over-did with the sharpening...

most of the photos... can see like even noise of the background have been enhanced so becomes fuzzy fuzzy de... twtan's photos on other hand... noise is at minimal...
I think the contrast too high cause you sharpen it too much.
Sigh, critics Keke, i go have a look at the source pics and retry. Aiyoh, for the noise, mine is cheapo camera ler, how can compare to twtan's one? At same ISO setting n size, mine confirmed noiser than his.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #1744
High Supremacy Member

Sigh, critics Keke, i go have a look at the source pics and retry. Aiyoh, for the noise, mine is cheapo camera ler, how can compare to twtan's one? At same ISO setting n size, mine confirmed noiser than his.
cheepo??? wat happened to ur new camera ley...?? anyway i think the noise more like due to over-sharpening ley... got compare to the original pre-processed photos or not...??

regards,
wacky
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #1745

Oei, simi evil? You should be touched. Whenever see nice oysters, we will go 'These look nice. Hmmm, Kunoichi will love these. I know, lets take a photo for her to drool over!' Okay, maybe the last part is evil

Errr, i sorta recall them promoting the pretty korean waitresses as an attraction rather than handsome korean chef. So hows the waitresses over there? Pretty? Got flies over the sashimi?
at the rate i'm drooling over the oyster pics i'm gonna have to change a new keyboard soon.... pls take responsibility and sponsor me a new one

pretty waitresses ah? hmm... okie lah, quite sweet-looking, smile alot and very well-mannered 1 was following us as we went in to check out the food, not intrusive she kept a distance and mantained a great smile all the way even though it's obvious we're not staying to eat.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #1746
High Supremacy Member

for good photos... should learn from sen's ones... his use of focusing the food in clarity in the foreground with blurred/unfocused background damn pro... and his photos hardly have noise... and having the right balance of colors... can make ordinary hawker food look soooooooo delicious...!!

regards.
wacky
Old 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #1747

for good photos... should learn from sen's ones... his use of focusing the food in clarity in the foreground with blurred/unfocused background damn pro... and his photos hardly have noise... and having the right balance of colors... can make ordinary hawker food look soooooooo delicious...!!

regards.
wacky
Hawker centers are usually bright with natural light compared to restaurants which can be dimly lit and with artificial lights. Low light equal higher ISO speed equal more noises in pictures. Artificial lights means colour casts which resulted in non natural colours.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #1748
Honorary Member

Back from my party.

I like all the mains. I eat all the flowers. No pic from me.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #1749
Arch-Supremacy Member

cheepo??? wat happened to ur new camera ley...?? anyway i think the noise more like due to over-sharpening ley... got compare to the original pre-processed photos or not...??
Err, the cheapo camera is my new camera. Costed me $151. The hp one is beyond cheaponess

If i not mistaken, the 'sharp subject n blurry background' is a feature of the camera rather than a technique. My colleague demoed to me b4 on her camera. Think someone here also showed me b4 on 1 of the outings. Twtan? Normally found in cameras >= 300+. I love tat effect too. If its a technique, then sign me up to learn it.

Errrr, if taking only 1 or 2 items, can really take time to compose the pic nicely, but for buffets a bit difficult. If really take time to setup every pic, dun need to eat liao. I sometimes just point, shoot and move on. Abt 1-2 secs per pic. Furthermore 1 hand to lift up the cover, another hand to hold and click on the shoot button, so i normally use higher ISO spd to compensate for any shakiness. However, i have to admit, my hands not steady enough.

PS: I do think Sen's pics look great too, n its a great deal to do with his good photography skills.

Hawker centers are usually bright with natural light compared to restaurants which can be dimly lit and with artificial lights. Low light equal higher ISO speed equal more noises in pictures. Artificial lights means colour casts which resulted in non natural colours.
Yea, esp 333. You'll think tat at the prices it charges, it can afford some decent lighting, but the place is so dim. Supposedly to make the ambience more romantic, but if you ask me, i think its to prevent diners from seeing wat they're eating + too cheapo to install more lights. Keke ... i'm kidding ... but it is really dim there.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #1750
Supremacy Member

Forgot to take pictures for most of the food during my trip. Opps! Last night of my holiday liao. Now in Taipei. Sian. ;/

just a few for now..

Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #1751
Supremacy Member

Love the mac n cheese!

On every table they have this...
Old 10-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #1752
Supremacy Member

Old 10-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #1753
Honorary Member

elite guy with elite meals yet again!

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #1754
Supremacy Member

Champagne brunch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon...

Old 10-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #1755
Supremacy Member

All the pipies above, are "transporting" chocolate...

My dessert:

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.