HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #1801
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pan fried beef with their special sauce. The beef was sliced really thin, like shabu shabu style. The portion I was served had not much beef, but a lot of sauce. So the whole thing was really salty. The boss took it back and served a new portion with just a bit of sauce. Much better. However, the sheer thinness of the beef makes it hard to taste the beef over the sauce.

Same thing as the beef. The pork was sliced really thin. The sauce basically overwhelmed the pork.

Chix stewed with egg n their special sauce. Great with rice. Chix was tender n the sauce tasted not badm but was tad salty, esp eaten on its own.

Pumpkin coquette. Not bad, nice ext, n inside got nice pumpkin fragrance. Hmmm, their fried stuff so far quite well done.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #1802
Arch-Supremacy Member

Pork curry. I liked this! The pork was crispy on the outside and juicy inside. The curry was also flavourful n not overly sweet.

Jap fish cakes, like normal fishcake Ö just prettier.

Marinated fried chix. Canít really taste the marinate, but the outside was crispy and inside juicy as you can see.

Salmon with sweet sauce. The fish was fresh, but can do with a bit more searing. Sauce was not overly sweet. Nice.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #1803
Master Member

but considering that so fast already 404 ppl bought... think should hit 1k easily bah...

only catch it seems is... only can use from mon-fri excluding pub hols and pub hols eve...

regards,
wacky
each table to use one coupon only..
i was tempted by the crab that you guys have posted..

any other promotions for seafood paradise that is more worth, please remember to share
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #1804
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mackerel with salt. Look at the searing done! Wonderful aroma. The fish was also fresh and fatty. I normally go for salmon cos of its fattiness, but this mackerel was better.

Flipped over 1 of the pieces. The bottom was nicely fried too. Yummy.

Mackerel with bean paste. Loved the freshness and fattiness of the mackerel. Yummy!!!

Ended up ordering another portion.

Last edited by Toons; 11-04-2011 at 10:16 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #1805
Arch-Supremacy Member

Liked their soft shell crab handroll, so I ordered a spider maki as the portion was smaller than a handroll. Doesnít it look pretty with the green veg coating.

Octopus ball. So so, nothing special.

Garlic rice. I like it too. 1 of the more fragrant garlic rice I ate.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #1806
Arch-Supremacy Member

Assorted tempura. The coating was well fried. Crispy n dun have tat smelly oily taste.

Ebi tempura. Well, the prawn was fresh, but could be bigger, but considering the price I’m paying, I’m not complaining. Dun bother with the fish tempura though. The fish was so thin tat you're basically eating the batter. No taste of the fish at all.

Beef soup with soba. Other than the fact tat I would prefer more beef, the soup was quite tasty, and noodles springy. Even their miso soups also quite nice. Not too salty, with a slight sweetness to it + served hot. I am perfectly happy drinking their miso soup instead of the green tea.

Pork belly. Unfortunately slightly tough. Could do with more searing to bring out the charred fragrance too.

Last edited by Toons; 12-04-2011 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #1807
Arch-Supremacy Member

Fried udon. Noodles had a good texture and springiness. Taste wise a bit bland.

Peach salad. Supposedly a starter, but it’s a great dessert cos its sweet and cold. Ate 3 portions of this.

The white foam thing at the top was egg white. I tasted yuzu, I think. The bottom was thinly sliced raddish or some veg. Quite refreshingly even though its just canned peaches, esp after eating all the fried stuff.

The dmg.

They are having a lunch promo at $19.80++. Drinks not provided, so I opted to pay $1 for free flow green tea. Service was good. The food was served quite fast, but then again, only 4 tables (including mine) of diners. The waitresses were friendly n have a warm smile! 1 was quite pretty. I chatted with her n she liked jap food too. Suggested she try Ikoi as their sashimi was better, heehee.
The boss also came around to enquire about the food (he changed the overly salty pan fried beef for me). The staff here were also willing to adjust the size of the servings to your liking, unlike some places where the dishes, eg, the carbo dishes, came in large servings. Initially, all my food came in 1 piece/slice. Only if i like the food, will i order again n request for multiple slices/pieces. 'Singles' friendly!

Nice place, decent food, nice lunch. All in all, reasonable value considering equivalent lunches at Ikoi or Irodori would cost around $30. I prefer the sashimi at Ikoi, but I think the cooked food spread at Minoriya is slightly wider n tasted better.

Last edited by Toons; 12-04-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 11-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #1808
High Supremacy Member

each table to use one coupon only..
oh ya... i didn't noticed that at first.... that's quite a big catch... i only noticed "unlimited groupons" per person.... that diminishes quite a bit on the thingy... unless each person to 1 table...??

regards,
wacky
Old 11-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #1809

I tried this one also not too bad considering the price.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2912515

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 11-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #1810
Master Member

alamak, so thursday the dining room full liao? cannot join?
Old 12-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #1811
Arch-Supremacy Member

Its 1:1 promo, unless you are able to get another person to form a 'pair', you might have to pay the full price of $49.80++, and its definitely not worth it.

Also, from wat i know of your preference, i strongly doubt tat you will enjoy dining room. They do not have much seafood, and wat they had, eg, the sashimi n clayfish, not very good. Well, there are still the mussels and oysters ... but considering how the sashimi n clayfish went, i am not hopeful.

If you still wanna join, your're welcome, but just just be prepared lor. I can add you to the list first n then see if anyone else wanna join too, so as to form a 'pair'. Let me know.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #1812
High Supremacy Member

Its 1:1 promo, unless you are able to get another person to form a 'pair', you might have to pay the full price of $49.80++, and its definitely not worth it.
Just to confirm, this promotion is only for HSBC credit card right?
okay so here is a pair.... if only one of u got HSBC card and both really wan to go...??

regards,
wacky
Old 12-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #1813
Great Supremacy Member

Highlights
  • Variety of fresh international seafood
  • Local, International and Contemporary cuisine
  • Well known for Signature Creamy Butter Crab
  • Groupon can be used for drinks and desserts
  • Family atmosphere
  • Wine selection available at all outlets
  • 4 locations available
Fine Print
Valid 3 months. Valid Mondays to Fridays only. Unlimited Groupons per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 Groupon per table. No reservation required. Not valid for takeaway.

Not valid with set menus, vouchers, other discounts and promotions. Not valid on eve of and on public holidays.
Redemption starts 20th April. Groupon printout MUST be provided.

Available at:
  • Singapore Flyer, 01-01
  • Swee Hin Building 91 Defu Lane 10, 01-01
  • Senja-Cashew Community Club, 101 Bukit Panjang Road, 02-01 (opp. Bt Panjang Plaza)
  • Changi Airport T2 (opening early May)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:42 AM   #1814
Supremacy Member

Highlights
  • Variety of fresh international seafood
  • Local, International and Contemporary cuisine
  • Well known for Signature Creamy Butter Crab
  • Groupon can be used for drinks and desserts
  • Family atmosphere
  • Wine selection available at all outlets
  • 4 locations available
Fine Print
Valid 3 months. Valid Mondays to Fridays only. Unlimited Groupons per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1 Groupon per table. No reservation required. Not valid for takeaway.

Not valid with set menus, vouchers, other discounts and promotions. Not valid on eve of and on public holidays.
Redemption starts 20th April. Groupon printout MUST be provided.

Available at:
  • Singapore Flyer, 01-01
  • Swee Hin Building 91 Defu Lane 10, 01-01
  • Senja-Cashew Community Club, 101 Bukit Panjang Road, 02-01 (opp. Bt Panjang Plaza)
  • Changi Airport T2 (opening early May)
I already bought 2. Intending to go end of this month
Old 12-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #1815
Honorary Member

When Kushi?

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.