HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #1966
High Supremacy Member

Okay, reporting here FYI. I am still healthy and I have not shit yet since having that dinner. FYI, this is normal for me. As for freshness, as posted earlier, there is a delay of a day or two before the raw food reaches the consumers due to inspection by AVA. So, for those who really wanted to eat the freshest raw food, wait for some time later, maybe a month, two or even three(?) later before fear of radiation is over, then you may get fresher raw food. Alternatively, you may go to those restaurants where they sell live swimming seafood that they kill on the spot.
that's good to hear... strong stomach u have...!! for me... i think no matter whether the oysters fresh or not... eating 30+ in a row i think i sure LS one...

regards,
wacky
Old 16-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #1967
Arch-Supremacy Member

Okay, reporting here FYI. I am still healthy and I have not shit yet since having that dinner. FYI, this is normal for me.
Glad to hear tat you're okay. Hope you enjoyed the oysters. My sis also goes to the toilet for the BIG one every 2-3 days. Scary.

Nice meeting you. Too bad we did not get a chance to chat much. Which line are you in? You have tat arty bohemian look
Old 16-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #1968
Master Member

I am just a jobless guy. Gotta enjoy them, or else my $$$ will be wasted. If you have such good raw oysters and/or eels lobang again, let me know.
Old 16-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #1969
Honorary Member

We called up Combat to reserve some durians, but when he called us to come and eat cos he was closing up, we did not go as there were still 3 dishes yet to be served.

When we passed by Cindy's store on bus, we saw a basket of durians, so we took a bus back. Turned out the basket was full of lousy 'reject' durians. Although did not get to eat, we still had a good chat with her. Learn more abt durians from the expert

A bit disappointed cos end up did not get to eat durians. Oh well, at least we tried.
wat u learn from her? hehe..share lehs.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 16-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #1970
Great Supremacy Member

how to see unripe durian
Old 16-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #1971
Honorary Member

So how to see ahh? Wasted u all nv get to eat their liulian.. did u all eat the ah keng fish steamboat then?
Old 16-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #1972
High Supremacy Member

We will wait for you at the mouth of hillcrest road after you turn in from the main road. I just asked them to wait at the foot of the overhead bridge cos easier to meet there.

There will be a group of at least 4 paxes. Just look for 4 guys, 1 of whom looks somewhat like a lady, and the remaining 3 are bui bui fugly unkers. Should be easy to recognise.

Btw, you how old har? Simi large purple flower?
Sure, not a problem...

Look for an Ah Pek silver car driven by an unker lor

That reminds me - I better go pump my tires first
Old 16-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #1973
Arch-Supremacy Member

wat u learn from her? hehe..share lehs.
how to see unripe durian
As posted earlier, there was still a basket of durians at her store, but she said those were rejected durians which she will not sell. After some persuasion from Lovejade, she opened 1 up for us to see. The durian looked good wor. We were wondering how come such good durian rejected ler? Then she said the durian not evenly ripe n proceed to press all over the durian. Indeed some parts were softer and some harder. Raven's eyesight also very good. I only saw finger depressions all over the place He noticed the uneven depth of the depressions.

Joked tat if buy her durian, open up liao she will poke poke poke, so her durians are all holy ones (holey rather, hehe), but she said she can see just from experience, dun have to poke

Also learned that durians like butter, coffee, WZW are merely variants of MSW. Just tat cos they exhibit a more obvious characteristic, eg, creaminess in the case of butter durian, so the sellers just anyhow named it butter durian to attract buyers.

I asked her wat they do with these reject durians n she said tat the supplier will take them back to be processed into other durian items like durian pengat, durian cakes etc, of cos after adding in lots of butter, cream, sugar n all kinds of rubbish

So how to see ahh? Wasted u all nv get to eat their liulian.. did u all eat the ah keng fish steamboat then?
Yea lor, we tried so hard somemore. Take bus here n there. Gena called barbarians, heehee.

Yea, whampoa keng fish head steamboat was bagus ... the side dishes uneven in quality. We really whacked a LOT of bowls of soup. Lucky soup refill is foc

Last edited by Toons; 16-04-2011 at 10:09 AM..
Old 16-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #1974
Supremacy Member

I am just a jobless guy. Gotta enjoy them, or else my $$$ will be wasted. If you have such good raw oysters and/or eels lobang again, let me know.
no worries。。。everybody come to enjoy the food。。u have any budget??
Old 16-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #1975
High Supremacy Member

Tmr Shin Yuu can i pay by credit then chiu all pay me cash? Am broke already and salary still not in
Old 16-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #1976
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tmr Shin Yuu can i pay by credit then chiu all pay me cash? Am broke already and salary still not in
Errr, i prefer to sign for it. You can transfer me your portion of the bill later when its more convenient.
Old 16-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #1977
Supremacy Member

i pay for u first。。。not a problem。。
Old 16-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #1978
Supremacy Member

As posted earlier, there was still a basket of durians at her store, but she said those were rejected durians which she will not sell. After some persuasion from Lovejade, she opened 1 up for us to see. The durian looked good wor. We were wondering how come such good durian rejected ler? Then she said the durian not evenly ripe n proceed to press all over the durian. Indeed some parts were softer and some harder. Raven's eyesight also very good. I only saw finger depressions all over the place He noticed the uneven depth of the depressions.

Joked tat if buy her durian, open up liao she will poke poke poke, so her durians are all holy ones (holey rather, hehe), but she said she can see just from experience, dun have to poke

Also learned that durians like butter, coffee, WZW are merely variants of MSW. Just tat cos they exhibit a more obvious characteristic, eg, creaminess in the case of butter durian, so the sellers just anyhow named it butter durian to attract buyers.

I asked her wat they do with these reject durians n she said tat the supplier will take them back to be processed into other durian items like durian pengat, durian cakes etc, of cos after adding in lots of butter, cream, sugar n all kinds of rubbish

Yea lor, we tried so hard somemore. Take bus here n there. Gena called barbarians, heehee.

Yea, whampoa keng fish head steamboat was bagus ... the side dishes uneven in quality. We really whacked a LOT of bowls of soup. Lucky soup refill is foc
all durian expert liao。。。
Old 16-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #1979
High Supremacy Member

Errr, i prefer to sign for it. You can transfer me your portion of the bill later when its more convenient.
Toons, you got Stanchart card? I think someone said got 3 for 4 promo...

If not, I have as well
Old 16-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #1980
Honorary Member

Like i always say. These two stalls they have big reputations. They sold out damn quickly. Rich,elite,peasants alike all flock to there. The other day combat uncle told me. When u dare to say bao jiak.. means go home the customers confirm get good stuff. All bad stuff they will check themselves and reject. Even experts go they still insist on checking. Bad ones? JUst throw into the reject basket. No qns ask. Then i say "Wah uncle service good and honest".. Then he say for this price u pay, u deserve such assurance.

THats why sometimes ppl just tell the ppl at these two stalls.. Budget, how many ppl, wanna eat alot.. then they auto open. They wont really ask for discount or wat.. they auto give, i really nv jiak one fark up liulian from these place b4. Lastly, i would say You pay what u get.

The chio bu daughters were there bo? Hehe.. The best thing abt the soup is that piece of dried fish.lol. i always find n put in my bowl. lols.. Then i just refill the soup to my bowl.

Got try the prawn paste chicken wings? Hei zho? The zhao pai toufu? hehe..

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.