HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #2806
High Supremacy Member

when free for Chinese tea? And the wine appreciation? hehe
I am into my busy period until 15 May so have to be after that haha

Should also be studying for my exam in June but confirm fail one haha - no mood liao

I will ask my friend on the wine thing and come back for interest check
Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #2807
Honorary Member

I am into my busy period until 15 May so have to be after that haha

Should also be studying for my exam in June but confirm fail one haha - no mood liao

I will ask my friend on the wine thing and come back for interest check
im starting my new job in 25th may.. that week it will be exams week for me. So anything b4 or in June im ok. The chinese tea anytime can ba. see u all.lol.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #2808
Arch-Supremacy Member

claymore
Afaik, 10@Claymore's lunches, except for the sunday brunch, do not include the plates of pleasure. Its only the buffet spread. I dun think they serve the lobsters too. Not worth going imo.

Btw, Melody @ En ... kawaii!

Last edited by Toons; 02-05-2011 at 09:48 PM..
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #2809
Great Supremacy Member

Afaik, 10@Claymore's lunches, except for the sunday brunch, do not include the plates of pleasure. Its only the buffet spread. I dun think they serve the lobsters too. Not worth going imo.

Btw, Melody @ En ... kawaii!
i mean for dinner on friday
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #2810

did u take her picture? ahahahahahhahaha ! work till mad already
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #2811
Great Supremacy Member

who is melody ???

toons new found love ?
Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #2812
Arch-Supremacy Member

i mean for dinner on friday
Their fri, sat n sun dinner not serving plates of pleasure too. Serving some crappy lobster thermidor instead. Not sure if its still this way now.

did u take her picture? ahahahahahhahaha ! work till mad already
Poor thing, holiday still have to work

Errr, i only take pics of food. When i can eat her up, then will take her pic

who is melody ???

toons new found love ?
A waitress at En Jap Dining Bar. Tot Bigmonkey recommended tat you have a look? He already spotted her when he recced the place earlier, heehee.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #2813
Great Supremacy Member

Tonight's makan session at En Japanese Dining Bar.

Didn't opt for the counter seats or one of the private room as it meant sitting on the floor.

Beef Carpaccio - This Marinated Raw Beef actually tasted good but Power789 was wasn't keen about it till he found out a way of eating it. That is to dip it into the hotpot to cook it. After that, there is no stopping him from ordering more.

Tonshabu Salad - The sourish and salty sauce together with the colourfully veggies make this Sliced Pork Salad refreshing but 2nd order became too salty.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 PM   #2814
Great Supremacy Member

Grilled Sanma - In the menu, it was only stated as Today's Grilled Fish. Grilled to perfection with crispy skin and still juicy flesh.

Sashimi - We only ordered the Salmon and Swordfish sashimi which I find is good with no fishy smell or taste. Too bad the Swordfish ran out of stock in the later part of the evening.

Cold Toufu with Century Egg - Not as good as the one in Kushi but still not bad. Portion is much bigger too.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 12:07 PM..
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #2815
Great Supremacy Member

Teba Sio - This grill chicken mid wing is carefully sliced open to expose the two bones and grill to charred brown on the outside but retain the juiciness. I ate quite a few of this yummy wings.

Tsukune - We didn't ordered this Chicken Meat Ball but it was served to us. At least it's not too bad tasting.

Our hotpot being prepared but not by melody.

And the beef is served. We were supposed to take one slice by one slice to dip in the pot but it's just too thin to remove from the plate and in the end we just grab whatever we can. Very tender meat they are. This one we ordered many plates, at least 8 plates.

The pork we only ordered toward the end and by that time I was too full to really appreciate it, taking only one piece to try.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 12:29 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #2816
Great Supremacy Member

California Maki

Unagi Fried Rice - This sweetish fried rice with unagi scored highly by me.

Kaki Fry - This Deep Fried Oyster is not too fresh according to Power789.

Age Gyoza - Neither is the Deep Fried Dumpling good for him.

Kisu and Ebi Tempura - Smelt White Fish and Prawn Tempura
Old 03-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #2817
Great Supremacy Member

Wafu Steak - If you think Shin Yuu's version is tender, this one here is even more so. We wacked quite a few plates.

Garlic Fried Rice - It was supposed to be for one person but the amount they served can be shared by us 4 people. Can do with a bit more garlic taste.

Shiitake Yaki - By it own, this Shiitake Mushroom is too plain so do dip it into the sauce provided.

Tako Harumaki - Spring roll with minced beef but it tasted more like an overly sweet version of curry puff. However, I must say it's not oily.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:28 AM   #2818
Great Supremacy Member

Sashimi Salad

Daikon Salad - White Radish Salad

Maccha Ice Cream - Green Tea Ice Cream

Bigmonkey had at least 3 helpings of the below.

And the damages:

Overall I find it ok only, maybe due to limited items for the buffet menu. I still preferred Shin Yuu over this because I am not really into hotpot. Service wise they really need to train their staffs on how to take orders properly, a lot of time they are clueless as to what we are ordering maybe due to their poor command in English.

The best joke of the night got to be this waitress who was taking our order. She borrowed the notepad from the another waitress but not the pen and used her finger to do imaginary writing on the pad like she is using "Yi Yang Zhi" (一阳指) inscribe the lettering on the notepad.

Last edited by twtan14; 03-05-2011 at 12:41 AM..
Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #2819
Master Member

But she still managed to serve you what you wanted. This shows that she has a very good memory.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #2820
Great Supremacy Member

But she still managed to serve you what you wanted. This shows that she has a very good memory.
Because I only ordered one item.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.