HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #16
Great Supremacy Member

and u had to come in and litter again...

anyway since this is part 3 of thread... repost this here for benefit of all...

Seafood Paradise
Location: 91 Defu Lane 10, #01-01 Swee Hin Building, Singapore 53922
Date: 2nd April 2011
Time: 6pm
Price: Ala Carte pricing

Click here for >> map <<

regards,
wacky

For those who don't know how to get there, these are the bus services that go there:

25 45 51 55 87 151e 151 854E 854
Old 15-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
High Supremacy Member

For those who don't know how to get there, these are the bus services that go there:

25 45 51 55 87 151e 151 854E 854
oh... i always take 25... 45... 55... like daily... to work... i never knew it go past the place...! lol..

regards,
wacky
Old 15-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #18
Great Supremacy Member

I only have one bus from Yishun - 854.
Old 15-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #19
Master Member

and u had to come in and litter again...

anyway since this is part 3 of thread... repost this here for benefit of all...

Seafood Paradise
Location: 91 Defu Lane 10, #01-01 Swee Hin Building, Singapore 53922
Date: 2nd April 2011
Time: 6pm
Price: Ala Carte pricing

Click here for >> map <<

Participants:
1. wackykid (Organiser)
2. twtan
3. raven
4. kunoichi
5. samba fan
6. Kazana_Chris
7. sharshar (TBC)

p.s. i have hp contacts of twtan... samba... kazana... and kunoichi... the rest of contacts i dun have... if u wish to receive SMS for any reminders or (unlikely) last min changes... pls pm or sms me ur number... also if anyone still dun have my no pls tell me...

regards,
wacky
kindly remove me and denny's name from list.. thanks.
Old 15-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #20
Great Supremacy Member

I thought you have been pushing for this and now you pulling out?
Old 15-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #21

why not going...?? got more attractive makan outings on that day to attend ah...??

I thought you have been pushing for this and now you pulling out?
maybe they sneaking off to join Toons for secret buffet session?
Old 15-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #22
Great Supremacy Member

why not going...?? got more attractive makan outings on that day to attend ah...??

maybe they sneaking off to join Toons for secret buffet session?
Well, she did asked Toons if he free on Saturday lor.
Old 15-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #23

that's nice, then 2nd April will have 2 sets of hw... always nice to see more pictures of food

or maybe they going to eat durian!!!!
Old 15-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #24
Great Supremacy Member

that's nice, then 2nd April will have 2 sets of hw... always nice to see more pictures of food

or maybe they going to eat durian!!!!
I like durian but then I can't eat much, quite filling if the seeds are small and flesh a lot.
Old 15-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #25
Arch-Supremacy Member

Huh? Got meh? When? How come i dunno
Old 15-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #26
Great Supremacy Member

Huh? Got meh? When? How come i dunno
I saw her posted then later she deleted it.
Old 15-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #27
Great Supremacy Member

Japanese joints here turn to other food sources

Singapore, March 15, 2011

A CLOUD of uncertainty hangs over the supply of fresh produce from disaster-hit Japan for Japanese restaurants and bars in Singapore.

Popular high-end fine-dining restaurants and bars like Kuriya, Hinoki Japanese Dining and Akashi Japanese Restaurant are likely to face a supply squeeze.

These restaurants usually import a majority of their seafood from Tokyo's Tsukiji Market and Osaka's Central Fish Market. Hinoki's owner, Mr Lawrence Chia, said he was told by his supplier in Tsukiji Market that stocks there have fallen by half.

RE&S Enterprises procurement manager Toshiya Tanaka, who handles supplies for restaurants like Kuriya and the Ichiban chain, was told by his supplier in Osaka that stocks were affected as many fishermen have stopped work.

Workers in various markets have also reportedly not returned to work since last Friday. Akashi's chef and owner, Mr Mervin Goh, was told that the supplies he has ordered for today are unaffected, but their shipment to Singapore could be delayed because of freight and petrol problems in Japan.

A number of Japan's oil refineries have shut down since the 9-magnitude earthquake hit the country.

Restaurants that serve authentic Japanese food are reluctant to obtain alternatives from other countries. Mr Goh said:

"We will not compromise... To us, the origin of the product is as important as the quality."

Fresh produce will instead be sourced from unaffected parts of Japan, like Kyushu and Hokkaido.

Mr Tanaka also expects the price of Japanese produce to increase between 25 and 30 per cent. RE&S decided yesterday to absorb any increased costs. Japanese food lovers are concerned about the shortages. One of them, Mr Kenneth Tan, 23, intends to dine at Kikuzawa Sushi on Friday.

"The restaurant usually imports fresh produce from Japan, so I worry that I may not get what I want," said the undergraduate.

Less expensive outlets, like Sakae Sushi, source their seafood from Japan, Singapore and Australia.

Sakae Sushi is not dependent on any one supplier, and so does not expect to be hit hard by shortages, said Mr Douglas Foo, chief executive of Sakae Holdings. Meanwhile, last Saturday's explosion at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant has led to food radiation-contamination worries.

The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) said: "AVA will monitor Japanese produce based on source and potential risk of contamination. Samples will be taken for testing for radiation."

Source
Old 15-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #28
High Supremacy Member

awww....

regards,
wacky
Old 15-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
Master Member

Oooo. Part 3 liao!
Old 15-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #30
Great Supremacy Member

loveumuch de hunch diagnosed tat tis outing will be postphoned with a mini explosion expected.
I had a hunch that at least another member will pull out later. See how the situation go first, but I still looking forward to it.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.