HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #3151

Desserts section - Not too many varieties though.

[img]http://forums.vr-zone.com/photopost/data/833/medium/Todai56.jpg[/img

Mango Cheese Cake - If only they use real mango slices for the decoration.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 09-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #3152

LoveJade like this Cream Puffs.

The dessert in a cup is the Mango Pudding.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #3153

This is one of the Spicy Sushi that BigMonkey ate, think is Level 3 or 4. The others the pictures are not clear so I will not be uploading. The contest started with five participants, by level 1 one lady dropped out and level 2 another guy surrendered. So the contest was won by 3 guys.

And he won himself a free lunch voucher. Congratulation to BigMonkey.

Service wise I have no complaints. They have lots of foods so one will find something he or she will like. Would I go back again? Definitely.

Last edited by twtan14; 09-05-2011 at 09:56 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #3154

Is the challenge FOC? Need to pay for what you eat?
It's free, you only need to pay for the buffet.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #3155

i nv get to eat the steak. But salmon steak gt.
How come you didn't try? If I am not in a hurry to leave, I would have wacked a few more pieces.

im drooling
I wan go todai but too bad got sch
Should have Todai 2 outing soon.

so was it worthed it...??

regards,
wacky
For $37 and with so many dishes to choose from, I would say is totally worth it. Also first time I see got Nescafe Frappe - unlimited ice coffee leh.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM   #3156
Master Member

Assortment of Sashimi - The brown colour fish on the right is called "Blue" something, I can't remembered its name.

Blue marine. But not much taste. Still prefer the salmon belly. Had 2 helpings of it. Yummy.

I thought the food generally was good and lots of food to eat. However the chilled prawns were salty (preferred the dining Room at Sheraton). Also i quite enjoyed the grill pork belly and the pork belly with orange. Thought it was tasty.

Beta and I tried a small portion of the Level 5 Spicy Roll. Spicy..(but still tolerable, maybe cause i just tried a small portion) but to me the sushi roll does not go nicely with the spicy sauce. It does not taste nice. If the roll had taste nicer, i don't mind eating more.

Enjoyed my lunch and the great company, too bad TW had to rushed off. I had lots to eat and 2 glasses of lemon drink, 1 glass of coke zero, 1 cup of mocha, 1 cup of cappuccino and 1 cup of black coffee. I'm still very full now.

kim su-han-mu ....

Last edited by Kahlan; 09-05-2011 at 09:58 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #3157

Blue marine. But not much taste. Still prefer the salmon belly. Had 2 helpings of it. Yummy.

Enjoyed my lunch and the great company, too bad TW had to rushed off. I had lots to eat and 2 glasses of lemon drink, 1 glass of coke zero, 1 cup of mocha, 1 cup of cappuccino and 1 cup of black coffee. I'm still very full now.
I don't even know what kind of fish is a Blue Marine. Would have love to stay till after lunch hours but just got to rush back to office for work. What time did you all left?

Wow, you drank so much water!? I only had one Nescafe Frappe and 2 cups of Peach tea.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #3158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Was there swordfish sashimi? Got cod fish too? I saw both items in the menu, but dunno if they have it for lunch.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #3159
Arch-Supremacy Member

For $37 and with so many dishes to choose from, I would say is totally worth it. Also first time I see got Nescafe Frappe - unlimited ice coffee leh.
Weekday lunch time hard to get 4 pax. If less then have to pay $49 nett. Dinner is $61 wor. Dunno worth it with this kinda of prices or not.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #3160

Was there swordfish sashimi? Got cod fish too? I saw both items in the menu, but dunno if they have it for lunch.
I think no Swordfish sashimi. Cod? Is it a cooked dish?

Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #3161
High Supremacy Member

And he won himself a free lunch voucher. Congratulation to BigMonkey.
wah grats... how to win one...??

Should have Todai 2 outing soon.

ok... when is todai 2...?? hopefully i can go...

regards,
wacky
Old 09-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #3162
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think no Swordfish sashimi. Cod? Is it a cooked dish?
Hmmm, swordfish is in their menu for sashimi. Guess its a dinner item then. Yea, should be a cooked dish.

From their email reply earlier, you just have to tell them on the day itself tat you wanna take the challenge.

I can't make it on mon 16 may wor. Can you do mon 23 may? I try to ask Carey, if can, then we are short of 1.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #3163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Beta and I tried a small portion of the Level 5 Spicy Roll. Spicy..(but still tolerable, maybe cause i just tried a small portion) but to me the sushi roll does not go nicely with the spicy sauce. It does not taste nice. If the roll had taste nicer, i don't mind eating more.
How does the lvl 5 spicy sushi compare with the chilli oil beef at 4chuan douhua? A lot worse? Got numb the whole mouth?

Btw, how is the contest held? From twtan's account, machiam like a central stage where everyone can see like tat.

Last edited by Toons; 09-05-2011 at 10:25 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #3164

regards,
wacky
Contest starts at 1pm, you just need to be there to participant, it's free for the diners. Just finished eating from level 1 to 5 and you will get the voucher.

Btw, how is the contest held? From twtan's account, machiam like a central stage where everyone can see like tat.
Yes, it's at one corner of the restaurant, there is a host with mike, so all will be looking at how you pig out.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #3165

Hmmm, swordfish is in their menu for sashimi. Guess its a dinner item then. Yea, should be a cooked dish.
Then could be that creamy fish slice picture I posted.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.