HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #3196
Master Member

I thought before taking such competitions, they will make you sign some 生死状 like that first?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #3197
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to give a brief summary of the spicy sushi,

Level 1 - Can taste the spicy sauce, no tongue numbing effect. Still feel ok, clear headed. kept on chewing until can feel more of the spicy sauce. (regretted this strategy)

Level 2 - Accumulative effect, can taste that the spiciness is a level higher than level 1. (I suppose this level 2 post is redundant).

Level 3 - Accumulative effect, the spicy sauce start to taste bitter, didn't know what ingredient was in the sushi. (dun think too much, just put everything into my mouth).

Level 4 - Accumulative effect, the whole tongue start to feel the spicy tingling.

Level 5 - Accumulative effect, felt the eyes start to produce tears and popping out, nose start to run like waterfall.

Glad it is over,
I downed 4 cups of cola, 1 cup of ice milo after the spicy sushi.

Will i try again? i think so. Have to think of another strategy to attack this spicy sushi.
Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #3198

Just to give a brief summary of the spicy sushi,

Level 1 - Can taste the spicy sauce, no tongue numbing effect. Still feel ok, clear headed. kept on chewing until can feel more of the spicy sauce. (regretted this strategy)

Level 2 - Accumulative effect, can taste that the spiciness is a level higher than level 1. (I suppose this level 2 post is redundant).

Level 3 - Accumulative effect, the spicy sauce start to taste bitter, didn't know what ingredient was in the sushi. (dun think too much, just put everything into my mouth).

Level 4 - Accumulative effect, the whole tongue start to feel the spicy tingling.

Level 5 - Accumulative effect, felt the eyes start to produce tears and popping out, nose start to run like waterfall.

Glad it is over,
I downed 4 cups of cola, 1 cup of ice milo after the spicy sushi.

Will i try again? i think so. Have to think of another strategy to attack this spicy sushi.

That clams soup/water, how does it taste? Good or yuck?

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 10-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #3199
Arch-Supremacy Member

How come the competition took your appetite away? Was it really so spicy tat it affected your appetite?
Its all sushi rice and some filling. I get full easily if i eat rice.

When you took part in the competition, you dun have to sign up right? Then they have no means of keeping track who won b4. So should be able to take part over n over again.
Need to sign indemnity form, dunno if they got check with the records for repeaters.

Hmmm, how did you eat the sushi? Did you really chew it? Do you think its feasible to carefully bite it into half or smaller bites without biting into too much of the chilli n just swallowing without chewing?
My first strategy is to bite into half than another smaller bites to swallow the whole sushi. went down quite easily.

level 2 - i did chew till the whole sushi till it become mushy (this part i regretted doing it, it almost cause my downfall in the competition.)

The rest of the level, i just repeat my first strategy.

I believe in this kind of competition , either your tongue and taste bud take the punishment ( chew into smaller bites and swallow) or you can choose to let your stomach and somewhere near the bottom to take the punishment ( bite into half and swallow).
Disclaimer : I hold no responsibility for the above mentioned comments, all poster and readers of the above mentioned post will not claim any liabilty or responsibility of any sort from me. I will not be hold responsibilty for any of your whateverso action after reading my post, be it an act of god or common sense.

Last edited by BigMonkey; 10-05-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #3200
Arch-Supremacy Member

*ahem*
chiu jux killed all my appetite for all future buffets!

ooops! tink I better disappear b4 the whole makan guys hoot me!
wa riao, you go look at chef loh, we look at waitress. hokay?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #3201
Arch-Supremacy Member

I thought before taking such competitions, they will make you sign some 生死状 like that first?
They did get you to sign indemnity form to absolve them from any liability.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #3202

Yea, going on mon 23 may. Tats the earliest mon/thu i can make it. I'm free on thu 19 may, but we going 10@claymore to try their new aussie tucker plates of pleasure liao, heehee.

Woah, so got doing OT today, you basically get another off in lieu? Not bad wor. Machiam like foc 1/2 day.
It's half day only. Will let you know later if I can join or not.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #3203
Arch-Supremacy Member

That clams soup/water, how does it taste? Good or yuck?
Before the competition start, i took a whiff of the soup. the fishy smell is very strong. during the level 5 i took a small sip, totally no smell or taste of the fishiness.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #3204
High Supremacy Member

They did get you to sign indemnity form to absolve them from any liability.
wat about the rules?? nobody can answer my qn??

not speed eating?? but got time limit or not?? if not i take 2hrs to slowly nibble it little bit by bit... i'm sure will be able to complete...?

regards,
wacky
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #3205

wat about the rules?? nobody can answer my qn??

regards,
wacky
Don't think you can take your own sweet time to eat as all the contestants eat at the same time for each level and there are at least a 100 pairs of eyes staring at you.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #3206
Master Member

I think the strategy is just simply to swallow them with plenty of water.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #3207

I think the strategy is just simply to swallow them with plenty of water.
No water, only the clams water/soup.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #3208
Honorary Member

ppl tell me if u drink water.. the more u will puke.. if u puke the spicy-ness talek from ur gut to ur throat n nose. That impact is worst.lol

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #3209
High Supremacy Member

Have to think of another strategy to attack this spicy sushi.
Hey, I kinda tink of an idea of hao to eat the lvl 5 sushi without even sweating a drop of perspiration

in pri school tat time when we learnt 5 senses, I rmb seeing a picture of a tongue being divided into various portions, the dunno which part is to taste eg saltiness. acherly u juz nid to avoid letting the sushi to land on tat area which can taste spiciness can le, rite?

hey!!! or better still use the bao xian zhi to wrap yr tongue, hmm ... simi lvl 10 oso no prob!

Last edited by Missumuch; 10-05-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 10-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #3210

I told BigMonkey, the clam soup look like they used for washing the clams. Although BigMonkey said is ok to sexpose him but in all the pictures his mouth is stuffed too full like hamster. Don't think is nice to post here.

Last edited by twtan14; 10-05-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.