HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #3226
High Supremacy Member

Think can drink the provided clam water/soup only.
from the photos... that "clam" water/soup looks more like those lemon water u get when u go eat crabs that is for washing hands only...

regards,
wacky
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #3227
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thank you for the suggestion, must work on my tongue exercise.
Its actually not true according to this site :-

The notion that the tongue is mapped into four areas—sweet, sour, salty and bitter—is wrong. There are five basic tastes identified so far, and the entire tongue can sense all of these tastes more or less equally.

Source :-
http://www.livescience.com/7113-tong...-debunked.html

I think the way to go is still to tear the sushi into smaller bits with your hands (dunno why i suggested biting them with can use hand, heehee). Then swallow them quickly. If chew sure genna the fiery taste. Can suck on ice cubes right b4 the contest to numb the taste buds in the mouth too

I think the strategy is just simply to swallow them with plenty of water.
The water is just there to help them 'push' down the food, else i think should drink as little water as possible.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #3228

from the photos... that "clam" water/soup looks more like those lemon water u get when u go eat crabs that is for washing hands only...

regards,
wacky
That is what I told BigMonkey lor, look like water used for washing the clams. Also the presenter commented that most contestants have voiced out that the sushi is big in size. My guess is after eating them, you will not have much more appetite to eat more foods except to drink more water which make you even more full.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #3229
Master Member

ok noted
Raven, don't think this challenge going to be a problem for you. I think the level 5 spiciness shouldn't be a problem for you. For me i think don't drink any water at all better. By the way not sure if the soup is warm of not. Warm not bad cause after i tried the level 5 i drank cold water, the contrast makes my tongue burns more.

For me the trouble is the 5 plates of 2 sushi rolls, ie 10 rolls of rice, makes you quite filled up and later you can't enjoy your meal, unless you can take lots of rice.

kim su-han-mu ....
Old 10-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #3230
High Supremacy Member

I think the way to go is still to tear the sushi into smaller bits with your hands (dunno why i suggested biting them with can use hand, heehee). Then swallow them quickly. If chew sure genna the fiery taste.
w.r.t. the above, if say u place yr tongue on 1 side of yr mouth & chew with the other side? the gist is minimal contact with yr tongue. if can master the gongfu of chewing the sushi along yr teeth & transport them straight down the throat is lagi better

Can suck on ice cubes right b4 the contest to numb the taste buds in the mouth too
if u numb yr tongue with coldness in the 1st place. most likely u will experience an even higher burning sensation. use warm/hot water is better den cold/icy water.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3231
High Supremacy Member

Actually Todai is international buffet restaurant leh, not Korean buffet restaurant, y u all keep saying korean chefs & waitresses huh?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #3232

Todai is a US-Korean international seafood and sushi buffet restaurant and it was first opened in Santa Monica in 1985. Their international cuisines includes, Chinese, Japanese, Korea, Singaporea, Western, Italian, Brazilian Churrasco and Vietnamese.

Most of the chefs are from Korea
Source

For the Grand Opening of Todai, the Korean Ambassador Oh Joon was present to grace the event.
Source

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapo...na_Bay_Sands_/

Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #3233
Honorary Member

Actually Todai is international buffet restaurant leh, not Korean buffet restaurant, y u all keep saying korean chefs & waitresses huh?
maybe coz the staff mostly from Korea.

贝他特爱斯特 Number 28 jiejie!

Old 10-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #3234
Master Member

hey guys so far any recommendation for dinner buffet ?
need to be halal.
value for money type
thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #3235

hey guys so far any recommendation for dinner buffet ?
need to be halal.
value for money type
thanks
Carousel
Sakura
Tiffany
Straits Kitchen

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #3236
Master Member

Toons, today ii, u formed a gang of 4 Le ?

Anyway, those fried food, sushi is not fresh as on display aft long, so strategy will be to attack those when door open.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #3237
High Supremacy Member

Toons, today ii, u formed a gang of 4 Le ?

Anyway, those fried food, sushi is not fresh as on display aft long, so strategy will be to attack those when door open.
wei, u recover liao or not? hao come todai II become today II

btw, u got todai's menu? can send me?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #3238
Arch-Supremacy Member

i never tried the chilli beef at sichuan douhua, but i think it's much hotter. U must ask BM for comparison. I tried the sichuan chilli fish at Sichuan douhua and that one not spicy at all. So in terms of spiciness this chilli wins.
SCDH 水煮,is more towards tongue numbing, like thousands needle poking your tongue, ( ok, maybe only hundred needle)
The numbing effect doesn't stay very long as the spiciness comes from the oil and ingredient, the oil doesn't stay on the meat for long as it will slide off.

Spicy sushi,
the killer comes from the chilli sauce which stay on the food and will not wan to detach itself from the food, jus like a baby clinging on to it's mother.
The chilli sauce stay on the food quite well means it will stay on your tongue for level 1 to 5 creating the accumulative effect, the spiciness surround your whole tongue bits by bits till you feel that a hot layer of lava is resting on the top side of your tongue.

In conclusion, both spiciness have their own strong points. Spicy sushi is definitely staying.

Pardon me if there is any repeat in my comments, this post is created to reply to the quoted post above.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #3239
High Supremacy Member

Spicy sushi,
The chilli sauce stay on the food quite well means it will stay on your tongue for level 1 to 5 creating the accumulative effect, the spiciness surround your whole tongue bits by bits till you feel that a hot layer of lava is resting on the top side of your tongue.
ask u, does the spiciness stays burning at throat level as well?

have u eaten msian's green chilli padi b4? hao hot as compared to tat?
Old 10-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #3240
Arch-Supremacy Member

ask u, does the spiciness stays burning at throat level as well?

have u eaten msian's green chilli padi b4? hao hot as compared to tat?
Nope, there is no spicy feeling at the throat.

Where can I get to try m'sia green chilli? I going m'sia tis weekend.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.