HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #3511
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got Todai 3 for those who cannot make it for 1 n 2 too. Errr, tat will be me
Old 14-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #3512
Supremacy Member

Some of us never made it for the first outing mah...hahah

Plus the first outing's review was quite good
so u joining or not?? if join den just nice got 12pax liao...

regards,
wacky
thinking thinking..i have a concert at sands on sunday monday RISE dinner date with other frenz..tuesday todai? OMG
Old 14-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #3513
High Supremacy Member

thinking thinking..i have a concert at sands on sunday monday RISE dinner date with other frenz..tuesday todai? OMG
hmm... do give us reviews on RISE too...!

regards,
wacky
Old 14-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #3514
Supremacy Member

hmm... do give us reviews on RISE too...!

regards,
wacky
okies im also interested in trying pizzeria mozza and ku te da
so many things to eat..hmm
Old 14-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #3515
Great Supremacy Member

Do give a review of Rise cause it's pricing is quite high at $68++ and no discount.
Old 14-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #3516
Supremacy Member

Do give a review of Rise cause it's pricing is quite high at $68++ and no discount.
yes boss..my frenz are great photographers..hee
Old 14-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #3517
Great Supremacy Member

yes boss..my frenz are great photographers..hee
Yes, I know of at least two camera man/lady in your Monday makan. Can expect nice pictures of the foods.
Old 14-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #3518
Supremacy Member

Yes, I know of at least two camera man/lady in your Monday makan. Can expect nice pictures of the foods.
wow..ur source is v reliable!
Old 14-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #3519
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lunch @ Open House, Grand Park Orchard

Nice place. Bright, airy, not too crowded. Relaxed lunch on a sat afternoon.

Next time must ask for those comfy looking sofa seats beside the window overlooking taka n the road.

The food, featuring 5 live stations n a dessert spread. Very small spread, featuring mostly local cooked food. You just need to go to the station n place your order. The chef there will take down your order as well as your table no. Once he/she finish preparing your order, a waiter/waitress will then take your food to your table. As most of the food was prepared ala minute, they arrived piping hot. Nice!

Small salad counter.

Fruits n desserts.

Last edited by Toons; 14-05-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Old 14-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #3520
Arch-Supremacy Member

Claypot stn.

Waxed meats claypot rice. Did not try this, but I managed to snap a pic of an order by another diner. Did not try the chicken n mushroom claypot rice too. Gonna try them on my next visit.

Beef brisket claypot rice. Looks like a lot of rice, but the claypot is actually very shallow, so the amt of rice was not much.

Yummy! Fragrant. Can taste each grain of the rice. Not mushy. Not the best, but still good. I like! Ate 2 pots. Only complaint was the small amt of beef brisket
Old 14-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #3521
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bak Kut Teh … piping hot!!! My poor camera got a steambath taking these pics

Theirs were the peppery version. Flavorful, but not overly peppery, I like too, but my dining partner dun like. Prolly cos he ate his pot too late n it was cold then.

The meat was quite tender, but it varied with the cut of meat. The later pot I ate, the meat not so tender.

Assam fish. The assam was not bad, nicer if it was more sourish though. The fish used though not fishy, but not tat fresh too. Prolly those cheaper frozen dory fish.

I liked most of the claypot items. 2 servings of beef brisket n bak kut teh each, plus 1 assam fish. Very full. Did not try the waxed meats or chicken n mushroom claypot rices. Gonna try them on my next visit.

Last edited by Toons; 14-05-2011 at 07:59 PM..
Old 14-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #3522
Arch-Supremacy Member

Normally, dim sum were the bane of buffets, so it is with some trepidation tat I tried the dim sum here.

The har gao n siew mai. Siew mai so so, but the har gao was surprising good. Large fresh n springy prawn hidden within the folds of the har gao.

Pan fried radish cake. Tat it was served hot off the pan really helped. Nicely charred with sweet bits of waxed sausage. Tasty.

The char siew bun.

Piping hot too with steam gushing out once I peeled it in half. The fillings were juicy but a tad sweet though. Still good.

Last edited by Toons; 14-05-2011 at 08:00 PM..
Old 14-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #3523
Arch-Supremacy Member

BBQ meat stn.

My combo platter of roasted duck, roasted pork, char siew n soya chicken.

The char siew a bit tough n dry.

The roasted pork was good. The skin was crispy. Can hear the crack crack sound when you bite into it. Meat quite tender, not too porky or salty. Nice.

Old 14-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #3524
Arch-Supremacy Member

Soya chicken. Very tender, cooked just right with a hint of pinkness! K, k, more than a hint, but you get my point

Roasted duck. You can see how thin the skin was from the glow due to the light shining on it. Unfortunately, not crispy. Meat was okay though.

Noodles station.

The sichun noodle. Not spicy enough. Dun like. Tried the fish soup too, but also too diluted. Also came with only 1 miserable piece of fried fish. Can’t be bored to take a pic.

My partner tried the wanton noodle n laksa. He said the wanton noodle not bad. Noodle was springy, but also just came with 1 miserable wanton.

The laksa I tried a spoon, found the gavy not thick enough, but flavor still okay.

Last edited by Toons; 14-05-2011 at 07:47 PM..
Old 14-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #3525
Arch-Supremacy Member

The last station, the pizza stn. Forgot to take a pic of the menu, but they serve 4 types of pizza. Cant remember all the fanciful names, but theyre essentially, seafood, cheese, veg n teriyaki chicken pizzas.
The oven they bake their pizzas in.

Cheese pizza. The sauce used on the pizza was quite nice. We wolfed this down quickly.

Veg pizza. Not as good as the cheese one, but still decent.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.