HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Buffetlicious! - Part 3 (OT posts will be deleted/edited, repeat offenders will be Infracted)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #3886
High Supremacy Member

Anyone keen on going to Batam for a 2D1N trip? Will prolly do it over sat n sun.

Prolly gonna eat, go for massages, shop n maybe try parasailing. Total cost $107 which covers 3 meals, ferry tixs, hotel stay, transport to n fro ferry terminal n hotel, day tour, taxes etc.
juz some comments abt the Btm makan trip. I rmb lust time the so called Passenger departure fee, Fuel surcharge & Terminal Fee r included in the ticket price itself & not pay separately de. But tat was abt 5 yrs ago

U being to Btm b4? U find the food there nice ar? I've been working in Btm for 4 yrs & I dun find their food fantastic.
Old 22-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #3887
Arch-Supremacy Member

juz some comments abt the Btm makan trip. I rmb lust time the so called Passenger departure fee, Fuel surcharge & Terminal Fee r included in the ticket price itself & not pay separately de. But tat was abt 5 yrs ago

U being to Btm b4? U find the food there nice ar? I've been working in Btm for 4 yrs & I dun find their food fantastic.
Yes. The voucher only $78, but i added the $29 for fuel surcharge n terminal fee as well as compulsory tips. Can stay on weekend without surcharge. $107 is basically nett already. I combed thru the fine print, so should be quite safe.

Well, i heard that their seafood is fresh, i wanna go drink A&W ice cream float, coney dog n i find their massages inexpensive. I might also wanna try parasailing. Then do a bit of shopping ... buy a bit of local produce, i think their kuek lapis quite nice. All in all, 2 days 1 nite, should be just nice.

I actually also interested in going to cameron, but tat one abt 16 hrs travelling to and fro ... can die. for batam, the travelling time is minimum, so better for a short trip over the weekend.

Last edited by Toons; 22-05-2011 at 10:01 PM..
Old 22-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #3888

Been to Batam twice, I don't find the seafood fresh, maybe restaurant I have been too is no good cause any of our zhi cha win them hands down. After I have seen them making kuek lapis, I have no appetite liao.

If you are going Cameron Highlands, I would be interested, foods good and air is fresh.

Click to join >> HWZ's Makan Session
Old 22-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #3889
Supremacy Member

If ur going to Cameron, can go Raub for their MSW!
Old 22-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #3890
Master Member

PPP, for todai tomorrow, you meeting us at todai after your classes? We will there until 4.30pm, so got lots of time to eat.
Yep, after my class i will head down.
Woodlands to there..
but i first time there so need to find my way..maybe 1.30pm?
Old 22-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #3891

Yep, after my class i will head down.
Woodlands to there..
but i first time there so need to find my way..maybe 1.30pm?
If you leave by 12pm, trust me, you won't reach by 1.30pm.

Old 22-05-2011, 10:15 PM   #3892
Arch-Supremacy Member

Been to Batam twice, I don't find the seafood fresh, maybe restaurant I have been too is no good cause any of our zhi cha win them hands down. After I have seen them making kuek lapis, I have no appetite liao.

If you are going Cameron Highlands, I would be interested, foods good and air is fresh.

This is the cameron deal i was looking at. Looks decent, but given the travelling time, i definitely want to do 2nites at least, so tats extra $35 per nite.

If wish to avoid weekend surcharge, then we need to leave sat nite, reach there sun monring, stay there sun + mon nite n return on tue morning. 2 days of leave. If we pay the weekend surcharge, then can reduce to 1 day leave.

http://www.streetdeal.sg/?utm_source..._Tours_Pte_Ltd
Old 22-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #3893

This is the cameron deal i was looking at. Looks decent, but given the travelling time, i definitely want to do 2nites at least, so tats extra $35 per nite.

If wish to avoid weekend surcharge, then we need to leave sat nite, reach there sun monring, stay there sun + mon nite n return on tue morning. 2 days of leave. If we pay the weekend surcharge, then can reduce to 1 day leave.

http://www.streetdeal.sg/?utm_source..._Tours_Pte_Ltd
The Night Market is only on Fri/Sat so if you reach there on Sunday, it will be like ghost town as everyone will have left on Sunday morning and most shops don't open. Without the Night Market, all the nice foods will be gone.

Old 22-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #3894
Master Member

huh! why! i see google give me the timing about 1hr. but 30min is for me just to find that area and the mrt waiting time and all that
Old 22-05-2011, 10:26 PM   #3895

huh! why! i see google give me the timing about 1hr. but 30min is for me just to find that area and the mrt waiting time and all that
Do you need to change bus before taking MRT at Woodlands? Then switch to Circle Line?

Old 22-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #3896
Arch-Supremacy Member

From woodlands mrt, you can reach mbs convention hall in 50 mins. Woodlands mrt to raffles place mrt, 16 stops, give you 40 mins. Raffles place mrt, take exit I, walk along marina boulevard, then the mist walk to mbs, give you 10 mins.

If you take more than tat, then you are going by a long way, esp if you bother with buses n such.

Give you visual directions
Old 22-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #3897
Arch-Supremacy Member

The Night Market is only on Fri/Sat so if you reach there on Sunday, it will be like ghost town as everyone will have left on Sunday morning and most shops don't open. Without the Night Market, all the nice foods will be gone.
Hmm, then for a 3d2n trip to cameron, leaving on thu nite, reaching fri morning, stay fri nite n sat nite, leave sun morning, reach SG evening, it will cost $153 per pax nett. Hotel stay, 1 breakfast + 1 dinner, n transport all in. Is tat still considered cheap or okay?
Old 22-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #3898
Master Member

Do you need to change bus before taking MRT at Woodlands? Then switch to Circle Line?
Frm sch to mrt about 15min walk i not switching to circle line. either alight cityhall or raffles place.

From woodlands mrt, you can reach mbs convention hall in 50 mins. Woodlands mrt to raffles place mrt, 16 stops, give you 40 mins. Raffles place mrt, take exit I, walk along marina boulevard, then the mist walk to mbs, give you 10 mins.

If you take more than tat, then you are going by a long way, esp if you bother with buses n such.
Oooo. I might try this route!
Old 22-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #3899

Hmm, then for a 3d2n trip to cameron, leaving on thu nite, reaching fri morning, stay fri nite n sat nite, leave sun morning, reach SG evening, it will cost $153 per pax nett. Hotel stay, 1 breakfast + 1 dinner, n transport all in. Is tat still considered cheap or okay?
Price is ok, what places of attraction do they include? How come only two meals? Me remembered we got 5 meals included the last time I followed my company's tour.

Old 22-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #3900
Arch-Supremacy Member

Frm sch to mrt about 15min walk i not switching to circle line. either alight cityhall or raffles place.

Oooo. I might try this route!
Use my route lah. Short of taking a cab or driving, the route i suggested is abt the fastest liao, unless you have a direct bus from your poly to mbs.

If you need 15 mins to walk to woodlands mrt n you leave at 12pm, then you will reach todai abt 1.05pm. Just nice to see the start of the challenge

Dun bother changing to circle line. The walk from promenade mrt is slightly shorter, but troublesome to change to circle line at dhoby ghaut plus still have to wait again for train.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.